Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

TheDriver wrote: »
    What's the story with North Cork people? I've heard of people being sent to Killarney from Mallow for eg.
    They are sending people out of county in the north east as well to Dublin and Mullingar, because they've got behind on certain age groups. Could be the same situation or a second dose AZ day in a vaccination centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

What's the story with North Cork people? I've heard of people being sent to Killarney from Mallow for eg.

Have heard of people from Lismore (West Waterford) being sent to Killarney too. Something to do with Eircodes apparently - Cork county excluding city, and parts of Waterford and Kerry are all P postcode.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

What's the story with North Cork people?

Right thread? That is a loaded question.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Anyone heard of any texts today?

New MVC opening in a forthnight at Kilanerin between Gorey and Arklow about 3kms inland of Inch with a capacity of up to 1200 a day serving Eircodes in north wexford and south wicklow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

OOOPS that was supposed to be Monday 31st May. Sorry

Yes indeed Minister Donnelly!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Still think they are better than everyone!
    Seriously it seems geographically it’s quite a fluid thing and people are being sent to what’s quickest.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Keisha07

Registered 20th may, text this evening for 1 june
    Carlow it
    Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Dceng2

Relatives in Rathmore, mid 50s, P51 Eircode were sent to the Radisson in Limerick 3 weeks ago. They declined citing the distance to be travelled and haven't heard anything since apart from ringing the helpline a few days ago. The HSE has since claimed they mixed up Rathmore Co. Kerry (The Town) with Rathmore Co. Limerick (The Townland). The Mother, Late 40s got her jab (Pfizer) this morning in Killarney and overheard people saying they were from Waterford and possibly even Wexford aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

I believe the 1974 cohort were in the Aviva today. Pfizer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

Husband is 49
    Registered May 19th, got text today
    Appointment Tues June 1 Naas/Punchestown
    Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Husband is 49
    Registered May 19th, got text today
    Appointment Tues June 1 Naas/Punchestown
    Pfizer
    Good to see that punchestown has started on the 40,s

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

harr wrote: »
    Good to see that punchestown has started on the 40,s

Yep. Don't stop believin'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭roshje

Sister-in-law 52 in North Cork still hasn't got her appointment yet people in their 40's are getting in the city. Crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Accidentally

is_that_so wrote: »
    Yeah, have heard of a few myself heading there. That seems to be a new planned vaccination centre.

Four that I know of between 50 and 55 in Drogheda, that are getting J&J in the Helix this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

I got my first vaccine yesterday in the Helix. I'm 48, don't know what way they are making appointments but there still seems to be a lot of people older than me still waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

What are estimates for 1st dose for 30-34 age group?

I was hopeful for first week in July but not so much anymore

Four that I know of between 50 and 55 in Drogheda, that are getting J&J in the Helix this week.
    Sounds like things are moving so. Folks I know are 58-59 and getting done today I believe.

What are estimates for 1st dose for 30-34 age group?

I was hopeful for first week in July but not so much anymore
    Maybe add a couple of weeks to that now but registration should be underway in mid-late June.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Lumpy.Monkey

My wife (48) got her first jab in Aviva on Saturday 29-May - Pfizer.
    The nurse told her it was nearly all 49s that afternoon.

I'm still waiting (51) ... on my fifth call to the helpline, I got someone based in Ireland who told me straight away that I'm listed as not eligible for a vaccine. That must be as a result of a failed attempt a few weeks ago - they sent me home with no jab.
    Within a few hours she'd changed the status, but that was 6 days ago & still waiting for an appointment even though she mentioned it should be very quick. The waiting is only exacerbating the reason they couldn't jab me the first time, and making it less & less likely I'll manage to get it next time !
    My GP is finishing up 2nd doses so can't help me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

49 - registered 19th May
    First jab tomorrow in Dundalk
    Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 20 shelladoo

Any indications when Helix will be doing Pfizer jabs this week. I hear lots of j&j for first part of week. I should be the next phase if they were doing 48s at the weekend but the changeover to j&j might change that.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭social butterfly 2020

42 Maynooth
    first jab of astrazeneca April 8th
    second jab July 1st
    Was arranged by consultant in James Connolly hosptail as regarded as high risk

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TefalBrain

48 Got my first jab (Pfizer) at the Aviva Saturday. Was surprised at how many older people where in the queue people obviously in their 50's even late 50's many.

Felt okay that day but woke up with the mother of all headaches yesterday morning that bad that i threw up twice and then developed body aches consistent with the flu which i have experience with from a few years ago. Then all of a sudden it disappeared at approx 9pm last night and am perfectly fine now. Just delighted to be done and booked a holiday last night to celebrate for August.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,062 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

TefalBrain wrote: »
    48 Got my first jab (Pfizer) at the Aviva Saturday. Was surprised at how many older people where in the queue people obviously in their 50's even late 50's many.

Felt okay that day but woke up with the mother of all headaches yesterday morning that bad that i threw up twice and then developed body aches consistent with the flu which i have experience with from a few years ago. Then all of a sudden it disappeared at approx 9pm last night and am perfectly fine now. Just delighted to be done and booked a holiday last night to celebrate for August.

That sounds terrible. If you want to take anything positive from such a ****ty day, remember that your reaction shows that the vaccine is in there getting ready to do it's job

The older people at the vaccination centres are mostly 2nd doses or people who registered late
    I also know some ladies who delayed registering because they didn't want people knowing their age :D

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Not in Kansas

Neighbour that turned 50 in January had her first dose in Punchestown this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

a slightly peculiar case here:

Registered on HSE portal: May 21

Still showing "awaiting first appointment on the portal".

But... got a txt last night from my old GP practice inviting me to be vaccinated with them and offering me an online booking slot, which I obliged (after checking that it wasn't a scam :) ). Appointment now for Wednesday 2nd.

This appears to be completely separate to HSE's queue?

Also it doesn't tell me which vaccine it would be but am I correct that as a 45 year old I'll only be eligible for mRNA vaccines anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

MuffinsDa wrote: »
    a slightly peculiar case here:

Registered on HSE portal: May 21

Still showing "awaiting first appointment on the portal".

But... got a txt last night from my old GP practice inviting me to be vaccinated with them and offering me an online booking slot, which I obliged (after checking that it wasn't a scam :) ). Appointment now for Wednesday 2nd.

This appears to be completely separate to HSE's queue?

Also it doesn't tell me which vaccine it would be but am I correct that as a 45 year old I'll only be eligible for mRNA vaccines anyway?

Separate systems, if your getting it from the GP ring up HSE live and have them cancel the registration on the portal system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

is_that_so wrote: »
    Maybe add a couple of weeks to that now but registration should be underway in mid-late June.

I think that is quite an optimistic guess. If they are only going to start vaccinating 40-44 year olds in the middle of June, then I can’t see them calling 35-39 to register until very end of June/early July. It will be well into July before they ask younger age groups to register. This is assuming they stick to the age based rollout.

Advertisement