Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭King of Spades

49 - registered 19th May
    First jab tomorrow in Dundalk
    Pfizer

You’re the first person I’m aware of that’s getting a jab in their 40s in Louth or Meath. Just wondering if there are any more, particularly in Meath? Hoping the backlog in this region is clearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

revelman wrote: »
    I think that is quite an optimistic guess. If they are only going to start vaccinating 40-44 year olds in the middle of June, then I can’t see them calling 35-39 to register until very end of June/early July. It will be well into July before they ask younger age groups to register. This is assuming they stick to the age based rollout.

Agreed. The 40-44 is the biggest single cohort. The 45-49s are taking longer than I thought. Can't see them hitting the 30s until very end June / early July unless things really ramp up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭Cole

You’re the first person I’m aware of that’s getting a jab in their 40s in Louth or Meath. Just wondering if there are any more, particularly in Meath? Hoping the backlog in this region is clearing.

Maybe not quite as bad as the situation there, but Kildare (if via Punchestown) seems to be similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 david200

Might be useful for some on here to know that a 45 year old neighbor has been given a slot at the Aviva this wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭Call me Al

I'm in this category (Meath), late 40s, and I'm getting my vaccine tomorrow in citywest.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

TefalBrain wrote: »
    48 Got my first jab (Pfizer) at the Aviva Saturday.

Felt okay that day but woke up with the mother of all headaches yesterday morning that bad that i threw up twice and then developed body aches consistent with the flu which i have experience with from a few years ago. Then all of a sudden it disappeared at approx 9pm last night and am perfectly fine now.

48 too. Got my first jab (Pfizer) at Citywest yesterday.

Not ill today....but....feeling absolutely spaced! Cannabis like spaced!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭King of Spades

Call me Al wrote: »
    I'm in this category (Meath), late 40s, and I'm getting my vaccine tomorrow in citywest.

Great! Sounds promising. Hopefully not long to wait then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

All my 48 year old friends got vaccinated at the weekend in limerick area.
    Some 49 year old friends in the Tipperary region got done Sunday .
    I'm 47 on the limerick/tipp border so hoping to get the text this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Everyone I know from 50 to 48 has now been vaccinated or has an appointment in the next couple of days at DCU.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 PCKN

JimmyVik wrote: »
    Everyone I know from 50 to 48 has now been vaccinated or has an appointment in the next couple of days at DCU.

Only started 50 year old at weekend in Croke Park

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭DC

Appointment Received: 31 May (saw on portal at 12:45pm, no text yet)
    Appointment Date: Friday, 4th June
    Centre: Páirc Uí Chaoimh, Cork
    Vaccine: Pfizer (dose 1)

I'm in Ballyvolane area, so Cork City North East area.

Hope that's enough info for anyone down Leeside way :)

DOCARCH wrote: »
    48 too. Got my first jab (Pfizer) at Citywest yesterday.

Not ill today....but....feeling absolutely spaced! Cannabis like spaced!

I'm 47 and got 1st Pfizer dose at the Aviva on Sunday. Felt nothing at the time, or during the 15 min observation period, and feel 100% today. Only uncomfortable time was in the final part of the process, when you are in the last queue for the vaccination booths themselves. It was very warm and stuffy, as you are shuffling along the outer edge of a hospitality area right beside all those glass panels that are on the outside of the stadium and the sun was very strong on that side in the morning. Strangely the area was not well ventilated, but they do have drinking waters stations and some toilets are open along the way

• Registered Users Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I also got the exact same appointment.
    I live in Meath,
    49 years old
    registered on the 19th of May
    got the text today for appointment on Wednesday in Dundalk.

edit to add: I will be given Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭1wizards sleeve

What vaccine is likely for 40 yr olds. Its very hard to keep up to date thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭shoes43

I am 45 (46 in a few weeks). Based in Mayo. Registered on the 19th May still waiting on a date. It will probably be in Breaffy in the Vaccination Centre. Last week people I know in their early 50s seem to be getting it so not sure at what stage it is at in Breaffy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,922 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

What vaccine is likely for 40 yr olds. Its very hard to keep up to date thanks

Pfizer or Moderna

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭surfin_shoes

48...Registered on the 20th, got a text from them on the 28th, got first Pfizer one yesterday in the Helix

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

shelladoo wrote: »
    Any indications when Helix will be doing Pfizer jabs this week. I hear lots of j&j for first part of week. I should be the next phase if they were doing 48s at the weekend but the changeover to j&j might change that.
    The Helix is now moving to a 12 hour day. Lots of Louth, Meath folks today I heard, so by the looks of it they will be doing a good chunk of them. It depends how long it takes to get through those over 50s but two days of it could get through close to 10K people.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Tri Oidhcheannan Eile

Date: 30th May
    TefalBrain wrote: »
    ... and then developed body aches consistent with the flu...

Enjoy your holliers :)

50, got the first dose down at Croker last evening (Pfizer/BioNTech/Comirnaty).

Side-effects-wise, today I feel like I've been hit by a wet* train... but in a good way, like the day after an intense workout.

* Sunday's my day for changing the bed clothes; needless to say, they've been changed again today after I lost a substantial part of my body-weight in perspiration overnight :) A fine day for drying though!

Totally thrilled to be half-way there. Roll on the 27th of June.

I see it has just been announced that registration for 40-44 year olds is to start on wednesday this week, with the 44 year olds, 43's on thursday and so on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

david200 wrote: »
    I see it has just been announced that registration for 40-44 year olds is to start on wednesday this week, with the 44 year olds, 43's on thursday and so on.

Good news. With the lack of vaccine rollout figures etc you need to show people things are progressing. Even if this cohort doesn't start for while I think it gives people a boost just to register.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

DC wrote: »

Appointment Received: 31 May (saw on portal at 12:45pm, no text yet)
    Appointment Date: Friday, 4th June
    Centre: Páirc Uí Chaoimh, Cork
    Vaccine: Pfizer (dose 1)

Similar details, text came in at 15:15 today, 31 May.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    People in cohort 7 have been so frustrated they are reduced to turning up in vaccine centres with their prescriptions in the hand. So so wrong what is going on with the high risk groups

It's been a real stain on the vaccine rollout that the media or no-one wants to cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

Was down at Athlone AIT earlier today getting my first jab... have to say it was an extremely efficient set-up (in and out in ~20 mins) and everyone was super friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Lumpy.Monkey

Interesting conversation with HSE helpline today.

The told me that if you choose to cancel the appointment, or have to cancel it, or are refused your vaccine, you have to to wait until the same vaccine is available at the same MVC again to get another appointment.

So my original vaccine was Janssen @ Aviva and they refused to vaccinate me, so they say I must wait until more Janssen supplies are available. Given what we're hearing in the media, that could be a long wait !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

So my original vaccine was Janssen and they refused to vaccinate me

What causes this?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

The told me that if you choose to cancel the appointment, or have to cancel it, or are refused your vaccine, you have to to wait until the same vaccine is available again.

So my original vaccine was Janssen @ Aviva and they refused to vaccinate me, so they say I must wait until more Janssen supplies are available. Given what we're hearing in the media, that could be a long wait !!
    Maybe not, centres seem to be doing specific days for some vaccines and J&J planning is really only until the end of June.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Noise Annoys

JimmyVik wrote: »

I'm 48, in Dublin 7. Registered May 20th.
    Nothing yet.

The told me that if you choose to cancel the appointment, or have to cancel it, or are refused your vaccine, you have to to wait until the same vaccine is available again.

Just go back to the Aviva late afternoon and ask to be vaccinated if they have spare
    Explain what happened first time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,187 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Do ye reckon 23 year olds will be vaccinated by end of August?

Advertisement