Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,456 ✭✭✭corkie

Appointment Received: 31 May (saw on portal at 16:00, no text yet)
    Appointment Date: Wednesday, 2th June (Before Noon)
    Centre: City Hall, Cork.
    Vaccine: Janssen (Single dose, so thrilled).

Living in the south-side, lough area. If people are wondering where people are been allocated?

Edit:- The portal had 2 dose options, before been offered the above.

Edit 2: - Got the text at 18:14, after I had already consented on the portal.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭rks

Just go back to the Aviva late afternoon and ask to be vaccinated if they have spare
    Explain what happened first time

Doesnt work. I was there with my wife when she was getting the vaccine over the weekend. I thought I will try to talk to some but couldn't even got past the security. The security doesnt allow you to go in unless you show your appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭rks

Interesting conversation with HSE helpline today.

The told me that if you choose to cancel the appointment, or have to cancel it, or are refused your vaccine, you have to to wait until the same vaccine is available at the same MVC again to get another appointment.

So my original vaccine was Janssen @ Aviva and they refused to vaccinate me, so they say I must wait until more Janssen supplies are available. Given what we're hearing in the media, that could be a long wait !!

It is possible but someone on this thread cancelled 3 times and still got the appointment within few days. He refused J&J and eventually got Pfizer.

I dont mind any really except for AZ where you will have to wait for 3 months before you get the second shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

The told me that if you choose to cancel the appointment, or have to cancel it, or are refused your vaccine, you have to to wait until the same vaccine is available at the same MVC again to get another appointment.

So my original vaccine was Janssen @ Aviva and they refused to vaccinate me, so they say I must wait until more Janssen supplies are available. Given what we're hearing in the media, that could be a long wait !!

IIRC you had a panic attack. It night be that they have marked you as a single shot only option as a result as it halves the risk of a recurrence?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Lumpy.Monkey

Marcusm wrote: »
    IIRC you had a panic attack. It night be that they have marked you as a single shot only option as a result as it halves the risk of a recurrence?

Yes, you're correct but the HSE call centre agent didn't seem aware of what I'd been allocated. She just said you're allocated the same vaccine again after you miss an appointment,and if that's not available, you have to wait.
    rks wrote: »
    It is possible but someone on this thread cancelled 3 times and still got the appointment within few days. He refused J&J and eventually got Pfizer.
    Yes, that's also different to another person's experience.

I said I wasn't happy waiting a month or two for more Janssen to be delivered and would take any vaccine. She replied that it doesn't work like that - I have to take the vaccine I was allocated at the missed appointment when it becomes available again.

I get the feeling I could call again tomorrow and get a different version !!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭forumdedum

is_that_so wrote: »
    The Helix is now moving to a 12 hour day. Lots of Louth, Meath folks today I heard, so by the looks of it they will be doing a good chunk of them. It depends how long it takes to get through those over 50s but two days of it could get through close to 10K people.

Seems to be no sign of age 50 getting vaccine in that group

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

That doesn't correlate with what Sleeper12 did

He kept cancelling/texting back with "new" until he got a vaccine best suited to his Cohort/age

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Lumpy.Monkey

ShineOn7 wrote: »

He kept cancelling/texting back with "new" until he got a vaccine best suited to his Cohort/age

Yes, I get the impression they just make it up. I swear if I call back tomorrow, they'll tell me something different.

I asked to de-register and start from scratch as it'd be faster than waiting for more Janssen to arrive. She said that wasn't possible even though I seem to remember a poster here saying they got it done with supervisor approval.

Yes, I get the impression they just make it up. I swear if I call back tomorrow, they'll tell me something different.

I've just seen it was the HSE "help" line that told you this

70% of the time that thing is as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Accidentally

The Helix is now moving to a 12 hour day. Lots of Louth, Meath folks today I heard, so by the looks of it they will be doing a good chunk of them. It depends how long it takes to get through those over 50s but two days of it could get through close to 10K people.

Local TD's said they got an extra 8000 J&J allocated to Louth, and this is what appears to be happening in the Helix. Great to see some real progress at last

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

ShineOn7 wrote: »

I asked to de-register and start from scratch as it'd be faster than waiting for more Janssen to arrive. She said that wasn't possible even though I seem to remember a poster here saying they got it done with supervisor approval.

Sleeper12 rejected every appointment with what he deemed unsuitable. Lumpy Monkey accepted a Janssen appointment so they are not aware of any vaccine preference. They might, however, be aware that he is a potentially sensitive vaccinee based on showing up. Either way, I suspect it’s a wait and see. By its nature, this sort of system can permit only limited discretion for call centre staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

forumdedum wrote: »
    Seems to be no sign of age 50 getting vaccine in that group

From this thread this and from what I've heard most of 50s cohort are still waiting in the northeast but TBH The Helix really is the place to do them.

Local TD's said they got an extra 8000 J&J allocated to Louth, and this is what appears to be happening in the Helix. Great to see some real progress at last
    Great to hear, that will clear a whole lot of them and is two days at the Helix.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Do ye reckon 23 year olds will be vaccinated by end of August?

Really hard to make any kind of decent guess. I'd say one dose yes, but not two doses. Complete guess though.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Accidentally

From this thread this and from what I've heard most of 50s cohort are still waiting in the northeast but TBH The Helix really is the place to do them.

I know of two 50 years olds from Drogheda with Helix appointments this week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mutley21

I asked for the same thing & was told not to do that. She seemed very helpful so I'm hopeful I'll hear something soon. Just wondering if anyone else that registered on 10th May in the Aviva catchment area has received a vaccine yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭fiachraX

HSE helpline told me that nobody had an assigned vaccine (even those in their 50s) until the appointment was made. They additionally told me that I wasn't tagged for J&J.
    Yet here I am three weeks on from registration, with the J&J steps (greyed out) on my portal and no appointment, while more recent and younger registrants get vaccinated at the same centre with Pfizer.
    And someone else on the helpline said they could see I was in line for J&J.

I spoke with 4 different people from registration team and appointments team - and they seem to see different things (or just lie differently about what they can see).

They also told me that it wasn't possible for the profile to be deleted so I could re-register.

And the registration team said (approaching a week ago now) that they'd put in a new request for an appointment for me, yet nothing so far.

Not holding my breath. As far as I can see I'm just going to be stuck waiting for a vaccine that they don't have much stock of, just because that was the thinking back when I was unfortunate enough to register. Starting to get pissed off.

fiachraX wrote: »
    I spoke with 4 different people from registration team and appointments team - and they seem to see different things (or just lie differently about what they can see).

Or they just look on the HSE website and read off it, which you can do yourself

Keep trying with the "help" line till you get an Irish person, they seem to be the only ones who remotely give a fcuk

• Registered Users Posts: 23 sohsoh

Still waiting on appointment.
    South Tipp area

Younger family members have already received their first jab after registering later than me. Helpline said first that I can be escalated but never received an appointment. When I phoned back today they said that my first escalation was cancelled because it was within the 3 week period. Getting very frustrated now, particularly when you hear of GPs putting out calls for people to use up extra doses.

fiachraX wrote: »
    HSE helpline told me that nobody had an assigned vaccine (even those in their 50s) until the appointment was made. They additionally told me that I wasn't tagged for J&J.
    Yet here I am three weeks on from registration, with the J&J steps (greyed out) on my portal and no appointment, while more recent and younger registrants get vaccinated at the same centre with Pfizer.
    And someone else on the helpline said they could see I was in line for J&J.

They also told me that it wasn't possible for the profile to be deleted so I could re-register.

And the registration team said (approaching a week ago now) that they'd put in a new request for an appointment for me, yet nothing so far.

Not holding my breath. As far as I can see I'm just going to be stuck waiting for a vaccine that they don't have much stock of, just because that was the thinking back when I was unfortunate enough to register. Starting to get pissed off.

At three weeks you're just about on the limit stated. A few posters took up to 5 weeks to get an appointment. Know of some getting jabs this week after a 4 weeks wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

sohsoh wrote: »
    Still waiting on appointment.
    South Tipp area

Younger family members have already received their first jab after registering later than me. Helpline said first that I can be escalated but never received an appointment. When I phoned back today they said that my first escalation was cancelled because it was within the 3 week period. Getting very frustrated now, particularly when you hear of GPs putting out calls for people to use up extra doses.

Ones of my sisters (in Waterford) is in the exact same position as you. My other sister, 47, received her 1st dose today. Lots of people getting doses from their GPs many with no underlying illnesses.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Nov2006

Looks like there wasn’t many appointments sent out today. Disappointing, they need to speed up if opening to the next cohort on Wed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

I checked the portal it said appointment scheduled, clicked give consent and somehow or other seem to have said I dont consent . VACCINATION PROCESS STOPPED please call HSE if you want to schedule an appointment.

I called HSE vaccine line and he said wait for the HSE to call you to arrange other appointment once your refusal to give consent has been reversed.

Anyone else had this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

I know of a GP in wexford who is giving out the vaccine to friends. No underlying conditions and not in the age to even register yet. I really don't think that's fair when the likes of my mother who is now 70 has to wait until the end of July to get her second astra dose. She was 69 when she was called but has since turned 70. Healthy 30 somethings vaccinated because they want to go on holidays and can avail of this as they are friends with a GP.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭paulpd

Registered 20th May
    Text confirming appt last Thursday 27th.
    First vaccine received on Saturday in the Aviva.
    48yrs

Sammy2012 wrote: »
    I know of a GP in wexford who is giving out the vaccine to friends. No underlying conditions and not in the age to even register yet. I really don't think that's fair when the likes of my mother who is now 70 has to wait until the end of July to get her second astra dose. She was 69 when she was called but has since turned 70. Healthy 30 somethings vaccinated because they want to go on holidays and can avail of this as they are friends with a GP.

HPRA and medical council should investigate your complaint once submitted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

HPRA and medical council should investigate your complaint once submitted

I will look in to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭glack

shoes43 wrote: »
    I am 45 (46 in a few weeks). Based in Mayo. Registered on the 19th May still waiting on a date. It will probably be in Breaffy in the Vaccination Centre. Last week people I know in their early 50s seem to be getting it so not sure at what stage it is at in Breaffy.

A 50 I know got theirs in Breaffy today. Shouldn’t be too much longer for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Appt 1: 2/6
    Midlands/Portlaoise
    Moderna

.. Got the text about 20 mins ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

I'm 45 and I registered on 19th May and got the appointment today ....

My appointment is wed 2nd June ....

Maybe someone can answer me ....I never got a text but I generally logged in every other day and today it asked me for info .... questions and informed me it was Pfizer.... I agreed and then I clicked the appointment icon for date.....

Later this evening I got text to confirm this???

Advertisement