Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Im still waiting - registered on the 18th 46 in Kildare - Kildare seems slow based on the replies here.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭sideshowbob321

try wrote:
    2020 Apple iPad Air in Silver. £531.10 incl import fees

Maybe someone can answer me ....I never got a text but I generally logged in every other day and today it asked me for info .... questions and informed me it was Pfizer.... I agreed and then I clicked the appointment icon for date.....

I'm 45 and I registered on 19th May and got the appointment today ....

My appointment is wed 2nd June ....

Later this evening I got text to confirm this???

Hi where is the appointment for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭oconnol1

I'm 45 and I registered on 19th May and got the appointment today ....

My appointment is wed 2nd June ....

Maybe someone can answer me ....I never got a text but I generally logged in every other day and today it asked me for info .... questions and informed me it was Pfizer.... I agreed and then I clicked the appointment icon for date.....

Later this evening I got text to confirm this???

How did you register on 19 May , 45 year olds could only register from 23 May!!.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭oconnol1

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Appt 1: 2/6
    Midlands/Portlaoise
    Moderna

.. Got the text about 20 mins ago.

Hi, surely you register on 23 May. When portal opened for 45 year olds.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Not in Kansas

oconnol1 wrote: »
    How did you register on 19 May , 45 year olds could only register from 23 May!!.

The dates are only suggested dates. I'm 47 and I registered as soon it was open to 49-45 year olds and so did my 46 year old husband. It doesn't get you your vaccine any sooner, but I just wanted to do it as soon as.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

paulpd wrote: »
    Registered 20th May
    Text confirming appt last Thursday 27th.
    First vaccine received on Saturday in the Aviva.
    48yrs

Flavour?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭paulpd

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Flavour?

Phfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

The dates are only suggested dates. I'm 47 and I registered as soon it was open to 49-45 year olds and so did my 46 year old husband. It doesn't get you your vaccine any sooner, but I just wanted to do it as soon as.

Did the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 susan dear

47, registered 21 May, No appointment for (expecting) Tullamore received yet. I know of 2 colleagues, 50 & 51, got their jab there on Tuesday and Thursday of this week, so maybe this MVC is running a few days behind the bigger city ones. Also possible that there could be a lot of HCWs due now which could slow 49-45 down a little (pure conjecture on this bit)

Update :
    Registered 21/5
    Text just now ...29/5
    Vacc 1/6
    Moderna
    Tullamore

delighted for you.47 here.registered same day.no appointment date yet.still waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭pauldry

Yeah hearing of loads of doctors giving out vaccines to just about anyone as spare doses but I rang ours and couldn't as they said I'd already registered on the portal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

As soon as portal opened the only button was for 45-49 ..... A lady i work with is 49 and she informed me of this.... she got hers that Saturday after registering.... I only just got mine so I didn't jump any Qs ....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

Hi where is the appointment for ?

Killarney leisure centre

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

I registered on the 21st May as in that age group, when through fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭d15ude

Any of the 50-59 year olds already received appointment for 2nd vaccination (@MVC) yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Girlsmam

Does anyone know what is going on in the helix? I’ve heard of some 49’s being vaccinated but nobody 45-48 yet. Seems slow?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭Cole

Text: 1/6
    Appointment: 2/6
    Punchestown
    Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Girlsmam wrote: »
    Does anyone know what is going on in the helix? I’ve heard of some 49’s being vaccinated but nobody 45-48 yet. Seems slow?
    They are doing J&J for a few days, so over 50s for the moment and clearing the backlog of Louth/Meath.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Cole wrote: »
    Text: 1/6
    Appointment: 2/6
    Punchestown
    Pfizer

Depressing there are still 49 y/os getting texted today. This cohort is really moving slowly (and yes I know there are 45 year olds done but everywhere in the country there still seem to be some 48 and 49 y/os, let alone 45-47 y/os, still undone too)

You can register at any time when your age group is set up
    The suggested days are just so the log in system is not over loaded
    The criteria for appointments is age based, vaccine availability based or type of vaccine based
    You don't form a place in the queue when you register based on the day of registration

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Depressing there are still 49 y/os getting texted today. This cohort is really moving slowly (and yes I know there are 45 year olds done but everywhere in the country there still seem to be some 48 and 49 y/os, let alone 45-47 y/os, still undone too)
    It's a very big group.

• Advertisement

Sammy2012 wrote: »
    I know of a GP in wexford who is giving out the vaccine to friends. No underlying conditions and not in the age to even register yet. I really don't think that's fair when the likes of my mother who is now 70 has to wait until the end of July to get her second astra dose. She was 69 when she was called but has since turned 70. Healthy 30 somethings vaccinated because they want to go on holidays and can avail of this as they are friends with a GP.

Fom today's Irish Independent
    GPs have been given authority to move down age groups where they have surplus Covid-19 vaccines, it emerged yesterday.

It comes amid reports a number of people in their 20s are being offered scheduled appointments for vaccines in some practices.

From tomorrow the portal opens to people aged 40-44.

So far 2.7 million doses have been administered.

The HSE said yesterday that there is a protocol in place to ensure a zero-wastage policy of the vaccine.

A HSE spokeswoman said: "GPs provide estimates for their Cohort 4 and 7 patients, which determines their ­vaccine allocation.

"Where a GP administers the vaccine to all their patients in Cohorts 4 and 7, and has surplus vaccine, then they can move through their reserve lists and on to the next age groups.”

The spokeswoman rejected claims some counties are getting vaccines faster than ­others.

"This is not accurate. All of the information across the Covax system would indicate an even distribution of the vaccine throughout the country

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭factnee

In the queue in the Aviva now and can see 2 others I know who were both born within 9 days of me in the same queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭airy fairy

Fom today's Irish Independent

No hope for my adult kids to get a vaccine from their GP so, as the GP opted out of cohort 7s. It nearly hurt them to do cohort 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

is_that_so wrote: »
    It's a very big group.

Yup. And 40-44 and 35-39 are the two biggest groups and they are next.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭kuro2k

Text: 31/5
    Appointment: 4/6
    Cork
    Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Aka Ishur

Text: n/a
    Appointment: 10/6
    Cork (gp)
    No idea which vaccine getting

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

I should have moved to Cork before the pandemic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭patscott27

Age 50 Drogheda
    Reg 04th May
    Phone call 10.54 today.
    Appointment 15.30
    Venue Fairways Dundalk
    Vaccine Pfizer.
    Mood Relief

airy fairy wrote: »
    No hope for my adult kids to get a vaccine from their GP so, as the GP opted out of cohort 7s. It nearly hurt them to do cohort 4.

Portal will have dealt with everyone by August probably

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 shelladoo

Friend is April 1973 and is getting Pfizer on Thursday in Helix

Advertisement