Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Text: n/a
    Appointment: 2/6
    Cavan (GP)
    No idea which vaccine getting

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭ThreeGreens

Age 47: (1973)
    Reg: 21 May (first day for 47 year olds)
    Text: (none yet, but only became visible on portal within past hour) 1 June
    Appointment date: 2 June
    Venue Citywest
    Vaccine Pfizer.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭in2dark

Venue Citywest
    Vaccine Pfizer.

Wife jan 1973 got appointment text on Friday and is getting her vacc today in citywest.
    Im nov 74 and still no text or appointment to be seen...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

is_that_so wrote: »
    It's a very big group.

there were a lot of babies born in 1973 which peaked at over 23 per 1000 people or about double what it is today.

554661.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭Russman

Venue Citywest
    Vaccine Pfizer.

Good to hear Citywest are down to the 47s now. I registered on the first day (for 47s) also and haven't heard anything yet but know friends that are getting it today in Citywest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭d15ude

xboxdad wrote: »
    I should have moved to Cork before the pandemic :)

Just register using a Cork Eircode - problem solved.

Text received
    Reminder for 2nd Pfizer dose tomorrow
    Local GP
    Mood: Elated

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Text received
    Reminder for 2nd Pfizer dose tomorrow
    Local GP
    Mood: Elated

Out of curiosity, is that exactly 4 weeks after?

Out of curiosity, is that exactly 4 weeks after?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 18 PCKN

Would be interested to hear from people waiting for 2nd Pfizer appointment through the portal - have they received appointment 28 days later or is it longer ? Just hoping it will be in time. Tks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,062 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

MuffinsDa wrote:
    But... got a txt last night from my old GP practice inviting me to be vaccinated with them and offering me an online booking slot, which I obliged (after checking that it wasn't a scam ). Appointment now for Wednesday 2nd.

My friend in his 50s with heart condition got call from his gp offering a first & 2nd appointment in the Helix. I'm guessing this is set up for GPS no longer offering vacation but have high risk patients. My friend could have gotten first jab quicker by going through the portal but liked the idea of having two firm appointments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

PCKN wrote: »
    Would be interested to hear from people waiting for 2nd Pfizer appointment through the portal - have they received appointment 28 days later or is it longer ? Just hoping it will be in time. Tks

The guy giving me my jab said i would get a text for an appointment in 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 david200

The guy who gave me the Pfizer shot at the Aviva said the next appointment would be exactly 28 days

I think the Pfizer supplies have been so reliable that it allows them to plan this with a high degree of certainty.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭pauldry

Is there no one getting appointments anymore.

Not as many on here as there was last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Suvarnabhumi

Text: Just got it in the last hour.
    Venue Citywest
    Vaccine Pfizer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭Russman

Reg: 20/05
    Text: not yet, just checked the portal
    Appointment: 3rd June
    Citywest, Pfizer

pauldry wrote: »
    Is there no one getting appointments anymore.

Not as many on here as there was last week.

Guessing the MVCs are allocating more time for second doses now, rather than blasting through all the first doses.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,062 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

is_that_so wrote:
    The Helix is now moving to a 12 hour day. Lots of Louth, Meath folks today I heard, so by the looks of it they will be doing a good chunk of them. It depends how long it takes to get through those over 50s but two days of it could get through close to 10K people.

Helix was supposed to be doing up to 5k per day when it opened but newstalk or RTE had reporter there on Friday (I think) & they were expecting to get through 2.5k for the day. It did strike me as 2.5k being a very low figure for one of the busiest centers in the country

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Helix was supposed to be doing up to 5k per day when it opened but newstalk or RTE had reporter there on Friday (I think) & they were expecting to get through 2.5k for the day. It did strike me as 2.5k being a very low figure for one of the busiest centers in the country

What's the supply of vaccines looking like so far this month?

I suspect that's still the biggest bottleneck.

Graham wrote: »
    What's the supply of vaccines looking like so far this month?

I suspect that's still the biggest bottleneck.

Its not the worst
    420k j&k instead of 600k
    Pfizer is on target
    Not sure of AJ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭SJFly

City West were doing 48 year olds last weekend. On Thursday they are doing 47 year olds. It's painfully slow. I know there are second doses too, but it's very frustrating waiting for the text. Soon enough I suppose.

Its not the worst
    420k j&k instead of 600k
    Pfizer is on target
    Not sure of AJ

Wasn't 420k J&J the original amount for June (600k for the full quarter)?

Due to their supply issues we'll be seeing a lot less than that, the bulk of it won't arrive til the end of the month. Another problem is that there'll be nobody left over 50 to give it to.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 BizWiz66

Would you know at what time does the HSE Registration open for 44 y.o. tomorrow morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

PCKN wrote: »

I thought it had to be within 3-4 weeks to meet its authorisation. In that basis, it will, subject to vaccine availability (not such an issue with Pfizer), allocate vaccines to 2nd doses within that timeframe in preference to 1st doses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

Registered 20/05 on portal
    Received notice at lunchtime today via portal - text arrived roughly an hour later.
    Appointment: Tomorrow morning Citywest
    Flavour: Pfizer.

Have to say I'm very pissed off at my GP, who completely abdicated responsibility. When I contacted the surgery a good few weeks ago, I was curtly informed that they wouldn't be having anything to do with vaccinating "the underlying conditions people", and to ring the HSE.
    Meanwhile I had family members telling me that their friends in mid twenties had been vaccinated near start of April. They, like me, have asthma, but unlike me, the had a proactive GP.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

when people say they received a notification from the portal - do they mean an email or what?

I have attempted to log in to site again but cannot and password reset just results in a loop to same forgot password page

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

SJFly wrote: »
    City West were doing 48 year olds last weekend. On Thursday they are doing 47 year olds. It's painfully slow. I know there are second doses too, but it's very frustrating waiting for the text. Soon enough I suppose.

They were doing 2nd dose hcw last week too, that all has to be factored in.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Registered 20/05 on portal
    Received notice at lunchtime today via portal - text arrived roughly an hour later.
    Appointment: Tomorrow morning Citywest
    Flavour: Pfizer.

Have to say I'm very pissed off at my GP, who completely abdicated responsibility. When I contacted the surgery a good few weeks ago, I was curtly informed that they wouldn't be having anything to do with vaccinating "the underlying conditions people", and to ring the HSE.
    Meanwhile I had family members telling me that their friends in mid twenties had been vaccinated near start of April. They, like me have asthma, but unlike me, the had a proactive GP.

Asthma depends on the severity, having it doesn't automatically mean your cohort 7. It's possible your GP was still doing cohort 7 for example and wouldn't have capacity to do group 4. Some GPs pulled out for cohort 7 due to the volume of hassle they were getting

Edit, just saw you said the GP wasn't doing underlying conditions, edited the post accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

Riskymove wrote: »
    when people say they received a notification from the portal - do they mean an email or what?

I have attempted to log in to site again but cannot and password reset just results in a loop to same forgot password page

No, the portal doesn't email you - you have to log back in onto your account, and that's where you will see whether or not your appointment has been scheduled.

If you can't log back in, you can just wait for the text message that everybody gets.

• Advertisement

Riskymove wrote: »

It's a text.

Advertisement