Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

So I registered on the HSE portal Tuesday 10th May persuant to age. I guessed at least a few weeks before actual date to be given.

Out of the Blue, got a call from my GP Clinic last night and offered appointment next Friday 21st, Pfizer dose one. I mentioned I'd booked with HSE, they advised don't worry, I can cancel with them when date offered.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭leeside11

Baybay wrote: »
    Not meaning to derail the thread but as it’s getting close to when I’d be expecting to be called for vaccination, I’m wondering if there’s a specific time of day that the texts are sent out & if the appointments are all next day or later? I don’t always have immediate access to my phone & don’t want to miss a notification or appointment, especially if the notice would be short.

Got my appointment 6.15pm Wednesday evening if that helps, they seem to be calling people very quickly now for jabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭LeBash

Just wondering, I see a couple of people who are diabetic in there 30s and 40s who are already done or have an appointment.

My Dad is 60, T2 and a heart condition, still no word. He spoke to his local doctor who informed him he wasn't selected to provide the vaccine but he did apply.

I'm guessing he is in a pretty high risk category, so where would he get in touch to find out what's happening?

My mother had her first shot. She's 62 and in perfect health. Nobody in the centre could tell her anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

LeBash wrote: »
    Just wondering, I see a couple of people who are diabetic in there 30s and 40s who are already done or have an appointment.

My Dad is 60, T2 and a heart condition, still no word. He spoke to his local doctor who informed him he wasn't selected to provide the vaccine but he did apply.

I'm guessing he is in a pretty high risk category, so where would he get in touch to find out what's happening?

My mother had her first shot. She's 62 and in perfect health. Nobody in the centre could tell her anything.

Your father could contact the GP again and they can now refer on to a MVC or just apply through the portal and he'll get an appointment quick enough

• Registered Users Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Has he registered on the HSE portal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,909 ✭✭✭appledrop

He would be better off just registering on the Portal. My mother in law extremely high risk but system seems to be pot luck with who gets called when in this bracket.

In end she got it about a week after registering through the portal. Who knows how long she would have waited through other system.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Registering on the portal should get him his vaccine fairly quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭King of Spades

rom wrote: »
    view-source:https://vaccine3.hse.ie/s/login/SelfRegister

Look for salesforce

The system uses Software as a Service solution. Basically they ask them to build what they need and they do and supply it. Salesforce would have very good security as they have totally control over their platform. Basically it like google forms. You publish a form in google, someone enters data and it end up on a google sheet document. Of course it's much more complex than that with intergrations with other databases etc, ability to create custom reports actions based on that such as ordering the correct number of vax for that one day and sending all the SMS to each person etc etc. getting confirmations back.

So who ever went with SF for this really is sitting smug right now.

They might be less smug about the fact that the system is at fault for large numbers of people in South Meath being unable to get appointments as it’s unable to allocate some postcodes to vaccination centres. Still loads of people in their 60s (incl my 67 year old neighbour) not getting appointments despite registering weeks ago. Frustrating when so many in their mid 50s in other areas getting appointments.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭LeBash

Thanks for all the replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭gipi

Registered 27/04/2021. Aged 60. Appointment Sunday 16th May IT Sligo. Moderna Vaccine
    That's some wait! Good to hear you're sorted.

Registered 27/4/2021, also age 60.
    County Louth
    No date yet...

• Advertisement

Thanks for all the replies.

Just a final thought, I do believe a call to GP is required, when someone registers on the vaccine portal, there's no consideration given to health conditions etc, just details, address etc. I'm getting a sense some locations much faster, Dublin etc. Calling GP might either help expedite a vacinne or GP might actually do it quicker. Tough call but worth calling GP

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Just a final thought, I do believe a call to GP is required, when someone registers on the vaccine portal, there's no consideration given to health conditions etc, just details, address etc. I'm getting a sense some locations much faster, Dublin etc. Calling GP might either help expedite a vacinne or GP might actually do it quicker. Tough call but worth calling GP

Gp's are vacconating independent of the portal
    They have no influence on it
    They can only order for their cohort 4,7 or over 70's and these are done in surgery or at the helix

• Registered Users Posts: 3,261 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

54yrs
    Registered May 9th
    Appointment date May 17th, notified May 15th
    Moderna
    Limerick MVC

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Great to see the number of serious cases in the vaccinated basically gone. Where I work it genuinely was a shocking scene in January. 2 wards recommissioned for Covid, a break out ICU full of dying covid patients.

Now there is one tiny ward with a handful of patients who aren't that sick at all.

Personally I find it amazing. I had the pfizer and I've been coughed and sneezed on a few times at this stage by confirmed positive patients and not as much as a tickle in my throat. God I hope it continues to work, and I have a feeling it will.

Gp's are vacconating independent of the portal
    They have no influence on it
    They can only order for their cohort 4,7 or over 70's and these are done in surgery or at the helix

That wasn't my intended point, apologies , I understand how the system works etc, my thoughts were the GP might be able to do vaccine quicker given the circumstances, I'm actually surprised GP has not actually made contact. My point about portal is that initial registration does not deal with medical conditions, I didn't want OP registering thinking process would be quicker because of a pre existing condition etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Junglejoe

Can it be checked or is the system down,only registered during the week

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭markest

Age:5? Registered: 06-05-21 Appointment Received:14-05-21 Appointment Date:16-05-21 Location: Aviva over 20km away :(
    Vaccine: Pfizer

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

markest wrote: »
    Age:5? Registered: 06-05-21 Appointment Received:14-05-21 Appointment Date:16-05-21 Location: Aviva over 20km away :(

Honestly I’d have driven 100km to get mine, it’s not that far.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 PCKN

Registered 6 May
    Appointment received: 14 May (10 pm)!
    Appointment Date: 18 May
    Pfizer - Croke Park

• Registered Users Posts: 11,669 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Appointment Received: Friday May 14th
    Appointment Date: Monday May 24th
    Group 7, GPs office

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Claregirl

O/H Age:
    10/05/2021
    Appointment Received 15/05/2021
    Appointment Date:
    19/05/2021
    Vaccine:
    Moderna

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭dinjo99

Appointment Received 14/05/2021
    Appointment Date: 17/05/2021

Mood: Delighted!!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Orchids

Great to see the number of serious cases in the vaccinated basically gone. Where I work it genuinely was a shocking scene in January. 2 wards recommissioned for Covid, a break out ICU full of dying covid patients.

Now there is one tiny ward with a handful of patients who aren't that sick at all.

Personally I find it amazing. I had the pfizer and I've been coughed and sneezed on a few times at this stage by confirmed positive patients and not as much as a tickle in my throat. God I hope it continues to work, and I have a feeling it will.

How lovely to hear this

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Orchids

dinjo99 wrote: »
    Appointment Received 14/05/2021
    Appointment Date: 17/05/2021

Mood: Delighted!!

Think we definitely have to include a mood section!!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

For all the cribbing and moaning we can do as Irish (generalization I know), but we are truly fecking blessed to have and be getting vaccines. I was very emotional getting mine and grateful.
    This thread is brilliant, so good to see it dropping down the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

Age 52
    Registered 11/05
    Text 15/05
    Appointment 19/05 - Radisson Limerick (moderna)

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭HeyV

A work colleague got vaccinated in Galway in Ballybritt the other day. I just asked her how it went etc and which vaccine she got and she said Astra, and then continued to say that’s the only type of vaccine they’re giving there anyway... is that true?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Dad 55. Registered on the day. Vaccination date for Monday evening in Kildare MVC. 7pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭secman

HeyV wrote: »
    A work colleague got vaccinated in Galway in Ballybritt the other day. I just asked her how it went etc and which vaccine she got and she said Astra, and then continued to say that’s the only type of vaccine they’re giving there anyway... is that true?

I would say it will vary based on availability and age category from time to time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

HeyV wrote: »

I have an appointment there on Monday and will be getting the Moderna vaccine. Two neighbours also got the Moderna vaccine in Ballybrit during the last week.

Advertisement