Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

What age are you and Mary can I ask George?

Both 46

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭pauldry

scooby77 wrote: »
    Co-worker and husband
    Both age 45
    Both Registered Sunday 23rd May
    Texts last Saturday & Sunday
    Both appointments today, Sligo IT
    Moderna ( Seems main one in Sligo last while for some reason)

47 . Registered Monday 24th May...await appointment Sligo too

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭scooby77

pauldry wrote: »
    47 . Registered Monday 24th May...await appointment Sligo too
    Know good few same age as you done last week...you check portal for appointment?

( I'm 44, registering 1st thing tomorrow)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Know good few same age as you done last week...you check portal for appointment?

Register now if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Ivan E

-K2- wrote: »
    Registered on the HSE schedule
    Notification received today through the portal
    Appointment Friday; Aviva
    Pfizer

UPDATE: the text message confirmation came through about 2 hours after the portal was updated

Same more or less. Registered 19th when it first opened to 45-49 year olds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭pauldry

Yes check portal daily. Nothing. Just awaiting appointment.

Checked again there just to be sure. There can't be that many to do in Sligo can there?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mutley21

I'm 50 & registered 3 weeks ago. I've called 3 times but still don't have an appointment. I should be getting the vaccine in the Aviva & I'm reading every day of younger people getting it there. I don't know who wrote the portal system but it's clearly not sorting by age. I'm beyond fed up at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Golfwidow

Mutley21 wrote: »
    I'm 50 & registered 3 weeks ago. I've called 3 times but still don't have an appointment. I should be getting the vaccine in the Aviva & I'm reading every day of younger people getting it there. I don't know who wrote the portal system but it's clearly not sorting by age. I'm beyond fed up at this stage.
    Ring HSE helpline and ask to speak to a supervisor 1850241850

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭scooby77

pauldry wrote: »
    Yes check portal daily. Nothing. Just awaiting appointment.

Checked again there just to be sure. There can't be that many to do in Sligo can there?

Heard doing lot second dose HCW in Sligo IT recently. Know of good few south Donegal and Leitrim 1st dose moderna there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Registration is already open for 40 to 44. Just registered there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,416 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Cole wrote: »
    So I'm guessing this is the case everywhere? Got my text this morning and no mention of having to do the online consent prior to the appointment in the instructions. Having waited for 2 weeks for the appointment (49), I have this niggling feeling that if I start doing anything online, I'll feck up the appointment.

Yeah, leave well alone then. As I said you have to redo the consent questions verbally on the day (actually twice for me, once at 'reception' and again with the needle person) so it's completely pointless to do it online anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Toodles_27

Registration is already open for 40 to 44. Just registered there.

Can anyone aged between 40 and 44 register now? Or is it just 44yr olds?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Thanks tea and coffee, been watching for weeks.
    40, and just registered there now.
    Just being able to do that much is a weight off.
    One step closer to being vaccinated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

deise08 wrote: »
    Thanks tea and coffee, been watching for weeks.
    40, and just registered there now.
    Just being able to do that much is a weight off.
    One step closer to being vaccinated.

As a 1976er waiting for that text since I registered 2 weeks ago, my advice would be to assume it will be 3 weeks and anything better is a bonus. People a year older than me in my area got the text 10 days ago so I thought my text was imminent. 10 days later and I reckon now I'm still a few days away from the text, let alone the jab. I've been glued to the phone pointlessly now for 10 days because I got my hopes up. Don't make the same mistake as me and definitely don't try and work out the method behind the way they go through the cohort. It's beyond comprehending from afar. But I'll get there soon and you will too.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

Age 47
    Pfizer
    Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

My parents
    55 and 57
    Registered as soon as it became available
    Location Drogheda
    Finally got their appointments for today
    Smithstown Navan
    Johnson and Johnson.

Absolutely delighted for them,

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭sideshowbob321

BuboBubo wrote:
    Age 47 Pfizer Thursday.

Nice One !
    What location ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Lashes28 wrote: »
    My parents
    55 and 57
    Registered as soon as it became available
    Location Drogheda
    Finally got their appointments for today
    Smithstown Navan
    Johnson and Johnson.

Absolutely delighted for them,

They must have been doing their nut. Great to hear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭fun loving criminal

The reason why some older people are being ignored like this is because of appearance. It gives the HSE the appearance that they are moving down through the ages quickly. So while 40-44 year olds can register this week, some of them will be done this weekend to make it look that they have started on the age group and they could say they have while some older people are still waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,374 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Toodles_27 wrote: »

They say only 44 year olds should do it, seems that's just so the system won't crash. Sounds like anyone in the 40-44 range could register now though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Toodles_27 wrote: »

Anyone can. Even though it says 44, anyone can do it down to age 40

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Side effect update...
    Had my 2nd dose Pfizer on Monday..
    Had heavy tired legs Monday evening and again yesterday morning. (nothing bad)
    Seem fine since..back to normal today so looks like that's it..Happy Days!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

The system says 3 weeks and it really depends where you are. Some MVCs are flying through the ages. They seem to be doing a load of people from Meath and Louth this week who got left behind, some of them up to 5 weeks. Know of 58 and 59 year olds only getting done this week. Just need to be patient.

The reason why some older people are being ignored like this is because of appearance. It gives the HSE the appearance that they are moving down through the ages quickly. So while 40-44 year olds can register this week, some of them will be done this weekend to make it look that they have started on the age group and they could say they have while some older people are still waiting.
    No, it's because they don't have the infrastructure in some places to match the population. The main Dublin MVCs can do 12-15K a day, not everyone in the country has access to that type of volume. Some of the 50+ in certain localities have been missed out but they are getting to them. Vaccine type matters too for example J&J is really for the 50+ group so if they don't have any, other groups may get ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭airy fairy

The 50+ age group that are being called or have yet to be called seem to be getting the Janssen, which means that while vaccination may be delayed, being fully vaccinated within a week is the same, if not faster as having to wait for the second Pfizer, Moderna, AZ.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Age 32
    Group 7
    Pfizer via GP today

airy fairy wrote: »
    The 50+ age group that are being called or have yet to be called seem to be getting the Janssen, which means that while vaccination may be delayed, being fully vaccinated within a week is the same, if not faster as having to wait for the second Pfizer, Moderna, AZ.

Its 2 weeks with jaansen not one
    No stats on jaansen that I've seen, with the soon to be dominant Indian variant but its weaker than astra on the Lesser British variant which is only 60% after a 2nd shot on the Indian
    So theres no way I'd feel fully vaccinated after 1 shot of jaansen now,far from it
    More like short changed..

Its 2 weeks with jaansen not one
    No stats on jaansen that I've seen, with the soon to be dominant Indian variant but its weaker than astra on the Lesser British variant which is only 60% after a 2nd shot
    So theres no way I'd feel fully vaccinated after 1 shot of jaansen now,far from it
    More like short changed..
    It's still one shot and done. Plenty of people queueing up for it this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Accidentally

I think you're giving the HSE far too much credit. They are neither creative or organized enough to do this, it's just a symptom of a large rollout that's always slightly out of control.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

My younger sister (46) just got her appt for Pfizer in Aviva on Friday.

Our cousin, who was born on the same day as my sister, also got her appt for Pfizer in Aviva, on the same day and at the same time as my sister :D

I think that's great :D

Advertisement