Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

The reason why some older people are being ignored like this is because of appearance. It gives the HSE the appearance that they are moving down through the ages quickly. So while 40-44 year olds can register this week, some of them will be done this weekend to make it look that they have started on the age group and they could say they have while some older people are still waiting.

Evidence of this? Or maybe you have none and are a random person on the internet making stuff up.

More likely a crappy system/incompetence and not some big conspiracy.

is_that_so wrote: »
    It's still one shot and done. Plenty of people queueing up for it this week.

In delusion in my opinion because they'are not done if it doesn't work!
    But I'll shut up here as this is for the main thread

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Its 2 weeks with jaansen not one
    No stats on jaansen that I've seen, with the soon to be dominant Indian variant but its weaker than astra on the Lesser British variant which is only 60% after a 2nd shot on the Indian
    So theres no way I'd feel fully vaccinated after 1 shot of jaansen now,far from it
    More like short changed..

The 60% is against infection..you'll still be almost fully covered against severe illness, hospitalisation or death.

Zipppy wrote: »
    The 60% is against infection..you'll still be almost fully covered against severe illness, hospitalisation or death.

No the 60% is over all

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Mimon wrote: »
    Evidence of this? Or maybe you have none and are a random person on the internet making stuff up.

More likely a crappy system/incompetence and not some big conspiracy.
    TBF the poster seems to be in Group 7, judging from a post on another thread, and seems to be expressing the frustration of some in that group who are still unvaccinated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

No, it's because they don't have the infrastructure in some places to match the population. The main Dublin MVCs can do 12-15K a day, not everyone in the country has access to that type of volume. Some of the 50+ in certain localities have been missed out but they are getting to them. Vaccine type matters too for example J&J is really for the 50+ group so if they don't have any, other groups may get ahead.

Dublin appears to be still hovering around 50-49 yo for the most part. Registered on the 23rd, no appointment yet for myself or the wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Bella3005

No, it's because they don't have the infrastructure in some places to match the population. The main Dublin MVCs can do 12-15K a day, not everyone in the country has access to that type of volume. Some of the 50+ in certain localities have been missed out but they are getting to them. Vaccine type matters too for example J&J is really for the 50+ group so if they don't have any, other groups may get ahead.
    You could also say that there are people under 50 that received their shot last week and are already building up immunity now while the 50+ are walking around totally unprotected.
    Seeing that the first shot of Pfizer provides about 50% protection this would be quite close to what you get with J&J.
    The communication line was that people over 50 shouldn't be waiting while younger age groups receive their jab. I can't remember this line ever been recalled.
    I'm beyond frustrated at this stage, I have the luxury to be able to get vaccinated in my native (other EU) country and even though this wasn't my first choice, yesterday I had enough. I logged on to the website choose(!) my vaccine and made an appointment for next week.
    My DS is working in Italy over the summer where J&J is being offered to everyone on voluntary bases and he got it. It's a big hit with young males there.

xboxdad wrote: »
    Dublin appears to be still hovering around 50-49 yo for the most part. Registered on the 23rd, no appointment yet for myself or the wife.
    Some MVCs are doing specific vaccine days. I know the Helix have had some J&J days this week. AZ as second doses are also being done, know of a few of those today in the Aviva.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Hi all, how does one check portal for appointment please? I can’t see where to log in. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

No the 60% is over all

For the main vaccine thread but no it's not, tried to explain efficacy data to you previously.

66% (72% currently in real world data) is the ability of the vaccine to prevent any sort of infection that is symptomatic.

All the headline efficiency numbers are symptomatic disease

Zippy is right in their post to you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Noise Annoys

Croke Park seems particularly slow. I heard of a 1971-born only getting first jab there yesterday. I'm May 1973 (48) and haven't got a text yet.

Younger friends got their vaccine last weekend in the Aviva.

Lisha wrote: »
    Hi all, how does one check portal for appointment please? I can’t see where to log in. Thanks

https://vaccine3.hse.ie/s/login/ and click on "Already have an account?" at the bottom.

Croke Park seems particularly slow. I heard of a 1971-born only getting first jab there yesterday. I'm May 1973 (48) and haven't got a text yet.

Younger friends got their vaccine last weekend in the Aviva.
    Croke Park is quite small, 10-12 booths I think, versus the 60 odd of the Helix. Aviva must be about the same size.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭oconnol1

Anyone here from Carlow/Kilkenny, age status update etc.

For the main vaccine thread but no it's not, tried to explain efficacy data to you previously.

66% is the ability of the vaccine to prevent any sort of infection that is symptomatic.

All the headline efficiency numbers are symptomatic disease

Zippy is right in their post to you

Wrong
    If you are in the 60% who gets no infection,you are intuitively in a 60% who also gets no severe infection
    I'd rather be in a 90% who gets no infection and no severe infection
    I know which one is better
    I tried to explain that to you... in the main thread
    Lets take it there,if you want to disagree

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

Wrong
    If you are in the 60% who gets no infection,you are intuitively in a 60% who also gets no severe infection

?

revelman wrote: »
    ?

Its just a disagreement over which vaccine is better
    All are good
    But thankfully more and more we are using one of the best efficacy wise against the Indian which is pfizer 90% versus 60 for the AJ
    Just 33% if you've only had your 1st shot of either

Wrong

No thanks, it's like banging your head off a wall when trying to explain efficiency. I'll give it 1 more go and then I'm done because you can't seem to understand it.

Your post proves how wrong you are.

If I get J&J from trial data I have 66% protection against symptomatic covid, if I'm in the 34% that gets covid I have 85% protection against severe disease.

I suggest you read the below, it explains it well
    https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2021/03/420071/how-effective-johnson-johnson-covid-19-vaccine-heres-what-you-should-know

"In the J&J trial, the placebo group had 16 hospitalizations and seven deaths from COVID-19, whereas the vaccine group had none, which means the vaccine provided 100 percent efficacy against hospitalizations and deaths.

For severe disease, which includes people who were sick enough with COVID-19 to require medical intervention but recovered without hospitalization, the efficacy was about 85 percent across the board in Brazil, South Africa and the U.S."

(Apologies to mods for the brief derailment of thread, done now)

revelman wrote: »
    ?

They don't understand efficiency data & claim J&J being 60% effective overall including severe disease which is wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭pauldry

Oh I thought this was a thread for vaccine appointments

• Advertisement

They don't understand efficiency data

You don't understand stats then
    Can we stop this here please and move it to the main thread or agree to disagree preferably.

Earlier than expected text for the mother, dose 2 Pfizer, not due for another 10 days, same day and time as first dose. Saturday week

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Lumpy.Monkey

HSE Helpline told me again this morning that I'm allocated Janssen (at Aviva) as I'm 51, and I therefore I'll only be allocated an appointment when more Janssen is available.

I asked for a supervisor to de-register, but he said he's working from home so that wasn't possible. I get that a lot, but I do believe him as I could hear a smoke alarm low battery beep in the background.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭sideshowbob321

You don't understand stats then Can we stop this here please and move it to the main thread or agree to disagree preferably.

Here Here ! !
    The objective of this thread is simple - confirmation of appointments

Lots of other places to have debates, opinions and arguments....

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭fiachraX

Mutley21 wrote: »
    I'm 50 & registered 3 weeks ago. I've called 3 times but still don't have an appointment. I should be getting the vaccine in the Aviva & I'm reading every day of younger people getting it there. I don't know who wrote the portal system but it's clearly not sorting by age. I'm beyond fed up at this stage.
    Bella3005 wrote: »
    You could also say that there are people under 50 that received their shot last week and are already building up immunity now while the 50+ are walking around totally unprotected.
    Seeing that the first shot of Pfizer provides about 50% protection this would be quite close to what you get with J&J.
    The communication line was that people over 50 shouldn't be waiting while younger age groups receive their jab. I can't remember this line ever been recalled.
    I'm beyond frustrated at this stage, I have the luxury to be able to get vaccinated in my native (other EU) country and even though this wasn't my first choice, yesterday I had enough. I logged on to the website choose(!) my vaccine and made an appointment for next week.
    My DS is working in Italy over the summer where J&J is being offered to everyone on voluntary bases and he got it. It's a big hit with young males there.
    HSE Helpline told me again this morning that I'm allocated Janssen (at Aviva) as I'm 51, and I therefore I'll only be allocated an appointment when more Janssen is available.

I asked for a supervisor to de-register, but he said he's working from home so that wasn't possible. I get that a lot, but I do believe him as I could hear a smoke alarm low battery beep in the background.

I'm in a similar position to Mutley21, Bella3005 and Lumpy.Monkey: Also in 50s, also now waiting 3 weeks, also in Aviva, also seemingly tagged for Janssen, also no appointment and beyond frustrated. Colleagues of a similar age who registered at the same time but at a different centre got appointments within days so have now been vaccinated (first dose) almost 3 weeks and are approaching their second dose. So they already have some protection and will likely have full protection - higher than that afforded by Janssen, with lower vaccination risk (we're in a group that originally was considered too risky to get Janssen) before I get vaccinated at all, meaning the one shot nature brings no benefit compared with if I'd just been randomly assigned a 2 shot vaccine and they'd got on with it.

The Janssen process in Aviva, that I appear to be stuck in, seems to be stalled utterly.

The HSE helpline is beyond useless: Won't/can't remove the Janssen tag (and some deny it's there - indeed denying anyone is allocated a vaccine before an appointment is made, while others confirm it's there), won't/can't delete my profile and let me re-register to see if that randomly assigns me a different vaccine and accordingly hopefully an earlier date, gives a different account of the situation and what is or isn't possible with every person you speak to... And with the massive reduction in Janssen supply, it doesn't look remotely hopeful that there'll be a resolution any time soon.

My GP isn't vaccinating any longer so is no help - just referred me to the HSE helpline.

Meanwhile, my workplace (because of the general age profile of staff) is ploughing on with plans that assume vaccination protection in the near future.

As the others have said - beyond frustrated. Really happy for Bella3005 that you have an alternative option abroad - best of luck with it. Just wish I could avail of something similar.

Here Here ! !
    The objective of this thread is simple - confirmation of appointments

Lots of other places to have debates, opinions and arguments....

As I already said, apologies for the brief derailment, when you see false information being repeated time and time again it gets quite annoying & needs to be addressed.

Anyway I'm done now, back on topic, apologies again

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Lumpy.Monkey

fiachraX wrote: »
    I'm in a similar position to Mutley21 and Bella3005: Also in 50s, also now waiting 3 weeks, also in Aviva, also seemingly tagged for Janssen, also no appointment and beyond frustrated. Colleagues of a similar age who registered at the same time but at a different centre got appointments within days so have now been vaccinated (first dose) almost 3 weeks and are approaching their second dose. So they already have some protection and will likely have full protection - higher than that afforded by Janssen, with lower vaccination risk (we're in a group that originally was considered too risky to get Janssen) before I get vaccinated at all, meaning the one shot nature brings no benefit compared with if I'd just been randomly assigned a 2 shot vaccine and they'd got on with it.

The Janssen process in Aviva, that I appear to be stuck in, seems to be stalled utterly.

The HSE helpline is beyond useless: Won't/can't remove the Janssen tag, won't/can't delete my profile and let me re-register to see if that randomly assigns me a different vaccine and accordingly hopefully an earlier date, gives a different account of the situation and what is or isn't possible with every person you speak to... And with the massive reduction in Janssen supply, it doesn't look remotely hopeful that there'll be a resolution any time soon.

My GP isn't vaccinating any longer so is no help - just referred me to the HSE helpline.

Meanwhile, my workplace (because of the general age profile of staff) is ploughing on with plans that assume vaccination protection in the near future.

As Bella3005 and Mutley21 said - beyond frustrated. Really happy for Bella3005 that you have an alternative option abroad - best of luck with it. Just wish I could avail of something similar.

I'm getting the same response !!
    It really does seem that HSE isn't allocating appointments to the 50s at Aviva until Janssen is available again .... and they pretty much admit this !!

As I already said, apologies for the brief derailment, when you see false information being repeated time and time again it gets quite annoying & needs to be addressed.

Anyway I'm done now, back on topic, apologies again

I also apologise for defending untrue allegations of false information leveled against me
    It does indeed get quite annoying when one has asked to agree to disagree
    So I am also (finally) done here on this
    Best of luck everyone

It really does seem that HSE isn't allocating appointments to the 50s at Aviva until Janssen is available again .... and they pretty much admit this !!
    They are also doing second dose AZ days. From a planning perspective that J&J stance is understandable, especially as enough of it effectively clears one age cohort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭forumdedum

So have they run out of Janssen?

Advertisement