Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭fiachraX

is_that_so wrote: »
    They are also doing second dose AZ days. From a planning perspective that J&J stance is understandable, especially as enough of it effectively clears one age cohort.

Only if they get the vaccine in and administer it! At the moment we're in limbo.
    And if that is their new policy (which contradicts their previously stated position - as pointed out by Bella3005 - that older people should not be left waiting while the younger ones get vaccinated), let them at least acknowledge it and own it. Most people I've spoken to deny there's any such policy or indeed that I'm in line for any particular vaccine at all, even though the stages for the one shot as opposed to the two shot process are on my portal.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

forumdedum wrote: »
    So have they run out of Janssen?
    Not necessarily but the deliveries for this next month could be as low as 60K out of about 470K and we know that the HSE doesn't give out appointments based on guesswork.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭forumdedum

Not necessarily but the deliveries for this next month could be as low as 60K out of about 470K and we know that the HSE doesn't give out appointments based on guesswork.

I heard that. Was wondering if the stocks are low currently.

fiachraX wrote: »
    Only if they get the vaccine in and administer it! At the moment we're in limbo.
    And if that is their new policy (which contradicts their previously stated position - as pointed out by Bella3005 - that older people should not be left waiting while the younger ones get vaccinated), let them at least acknowledge it and own it. Most people I've spoken to deny there's any such policy or indeed that I'm in line for any particular vaccine at all, even though the stages for the one shot as opposed to the two shot process are on my portal.
    I think what know about the HSE is that they will just not comment on the programme nor on delays to cohorts. They have no control over what happens with J&J and will probably have to readjust the plan for about the 40th time to address it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

Just back from getting the first dose of Pfizer in Citywest.
    Practically no que - it only took 45 minutes from leaving the car to getting back in it, and this includes the 15 minutes observation period!
    Bit of a difference to my wife's experience last Friday, when the same thing took two hours, car to car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭pauldry

Been waiting 10 days now for appt in Sligo.
    Most people my age have got it long ago here.

Do you wait until 21 days are up before you call HSE helpline?

forumdedum wrote: »
    I heard that. Was wondering if the stocks are low currently.
    Well it seems to be exclusively for the over 50s and doing as many as they can from current stock. The issue here is more about issuing appointments and therefore deliveries. My guess is that they'd rather hold people a bit longer for J&J so that it can be used but we might see Pfizer being switched in quite soon. J&J is also planned for pharmacies soon.

pauldry wrote: »
    Been waiting 10 days now for appt in Sligo.
    Most people my age have got it long ago here.

Do you wait until 21 days are up before you call HSE helpline?
    Perhaps go to 14 days and then call.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭rks

fiachraX wrote: »
    I'm in a similar position to Mutley21, Bella3005 and Lumpy.Monkey:

Count me in. Calling helpline almost everyday and getting different stories. Really frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 sohsoh

rks wrote: »
    Count me in. Calling helpline almost everyday and getting different stories. Really frustrating.

Me too. Phoned again now and was told 'great news'. She can see me listed for WIT for J & J, accompanied by the 'you should get a text in the coming days' line. When I asked if I would be able to see this on the portal I was told yes. Not a thing on the portal.

• Advertisement

sohsoh wrote: »
    Me too. Phoned again now and was told 'great news'. She can see me listed for WIT for J & J, accompanied by the 'you should get a text in the coming days' line. When I asked if I would be able to see this on the portal I was told yes. Not a thing on the portal.

Yes, the same old line - You will be contacted soon. Seems like the soon can be endless. When someone says soon I would expect that to be in a day or two max. Looks like for them its a different definition altogether.

They are probably giving 2nd doses to HCW so they can all go on holidays.
    I suppose we cant begrudge them this after all theyve done.

Still some clarity would be nice.

Actually I dont even mind being sent to a different vaccination center where J&J is available, if that's what we are supposed to be getting. I can drive an hour or two not an issue. I tried to say this but they only listen to what they want to and rest ignored.

One day I was told there's no escalation process, on another day someone else said she is escalating the issue. Not sure who do you believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭fiachraX

sohsoh wrote: »
    Yes, the same old line - You will be contacted soon. Seems like the soon can be endless. When someone says soon I would expect that to be in a day or two max. Looks like for them its a different definition altogether.

Yes - it's like me having the "great news" that I've been listed for J&J at Aviva. It makes no difference until they give an actual appointment. Frankly, being listed for J&J at the Aviva seems like the kiss of death to any prospect of getting vaccinated soon. Hopefully WIT works out better for you!
    One day I was told there's no escalation process, on another day someone else said she is escalating the issue. Not sure who do you believe.
    At this stage - nobody!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,911 ✭✭✭appledrop

Lashes28 wrote: »
    My parents
    55 and 57
    Registered as soon as it became available
    Location Drogheda
    Finally got their appointments for today
    Smithstown Navan
    Johnson and Johnson.

Absolutely delighted for them,

Disgraceful what's happening in Louth/ Meath. They should have been done weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭Cole

I (49) had my first shot of Pfizer in Punchestown this morning. They've been slow compared to some other MVCs...don't know why...but by God they were motoring today.

I was in and out within 30 minutes, including the 15 min observation. Very professional, polite and friendly...an excellent experience. Fair play to them all.

appledrop wrote: »
    Disgraceful what's happening in Louth/ Meath. They should have been done weeks ago.
    Infrastructure issues plus HCWs getting second doses of AZ and by the looks of things waiting for J&J supplies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,456 ✭✭✭corkie

Appointment: - https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=117314161&postcount=1682

Janssen ~ City Hall, Cork. ~ Today & Tomorrow.

Just home from my 11am appointment there today.
    Overheard attendants saying they are doing Janssen again tomorrow.

Was there for 10:50 and Out again at 11:20.

If you fill out the questions online, you can skip that step on check in but the vaccinator will ask you about them anyway.

City Hall Car Park is discount €1, (mentioned before), a machine to scan your ticket on exiting the VC.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭Russman

Perhaps go to 14 days and then call.

This I think ^

I was at 12 days and gave them a call, honestly just to see if I had somehow missed a field or check box on the registration, and because friends of mine (same age) had been jabbed days earlier. The very friendly and helpful girl confirmed my registration was fine and told me the average wait for a text was 12-15 days and that if I didn't hear anything by this Friday to get back to them and they'd escalate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

Same deal as others. Registered 18/5, still waiting on text... In Mayo. Very frustrated as know others same age and younger got their appointments. Some of those were asked to go to Galway for it instead of Castlebar.

• Advertisement

Did you get your appointment in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

A person registering should be getting their vaccine within 72 hours.

I'm beginning to think that the registration process where people are left for weeks on end is just a PR stunt designed so that politicians can boast about progress.

The whole system is a mess.

Russman wrote: »
    This I think ^

I was at 12 days and gave them a call, honestly just to see if I had somehow missed a field or check box on the registration, and because friends of mine (same age) had been jabbed days earlier. The very friendly and helpful girl confirmed my registration was fine and told me the average wait for a text was 12-15 days and that if I didn't hear anything by this Friday to get back to them and they'd escalate it.

Did you get vaccinated in the end?

A person registering should be getting their vaccine within 72 hours.

I'm beginning to think that the registration process where people are left for weeks on end is just a PR stunt designed so that politicians can boast about progress.

The whole system is a mess.
    The current group registering is over 300K so you'd need 60k a day for that group alone in your new brilliant system. The system says three weeks. Most posters here are within that but it is frustrating if you see others getting it a lot faster. Politicians are not involved at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭forumdedum

appledrop wrote: »

No area should have been treated like that. I look forward to the excuse

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Chap74

Appointment Received: 02/06
    Appointment Date: Friday 4th June
    Centre: Galway Racecourse
    Vaccine: Moderna

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

Hey Folks, any updates on punchestown Naas ?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Not in Kansas

siochain wrote: »
    Hey Folks, any updates on punchestown Naas ?

Someone above just mentioned age 49 being done today. It's so frustratingly slow!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Bombaby1974

47. getting Pfizer tomorrow in Citywest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭HeyV

HeyV wrote: »
    Friend is 46.
    Registered on Saturday morning.
    Appointment text came this evening.
    This Tuesday, 1st June.
    Moderna.
    Galway Racecourse Ballybritt.
    HeyV wrote: »
    Meant to add...
    I live in the same town, registered same day at roughly same time, same age... as in 46.
    I haven’t heard anything yet...
    My friend is about 6 months older than me - do they break down the ages to actual month you were born?

I'm always checking the portal and nothing again when I last checked at 11.30am this morning. I messaged them on twitter around midday, just to see was I actually properly registered... I had to give them my details again and they replied that, yes, I was successfully registered and that I'd contacted with details of my appointment within 21 days of registering.

5 minutes later, check the portal and there's my appointment!
    Coincidence? :confused: I don't know - I'm just glad to finally have it confirmed now! :)

(Btw - no text yet - I just see it on the portal)

Moderna
    Saturday 5th June
    Galway Racecourse, Ballybritt

Advertisement