Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ClosedAccountFuzzy

HeyV wrote: »
    I'm always checking the portal and nothing again when I last checked at 11.30am this morning. I messaged them on twitter around midday, just to see was I actually properly registered... I had to give them my details again and they replied that, yes, I was successfully registered and that I'd contacted with details of my appointment within 21 days of registering.

5 minutes later, check the portal and there's my appointment!
    Coincidence? :confused: I don't know - I'm just glad to finally have it confirmed now! :)

(Btw - no text yet - I just see it on the portal)

Moderna
    Saturday 5th June
    Galway Racecourse, Ballybritt

Definitely coincidental. Their social media team wouldn't have any access to the data.

They're moving very quickly in many areas. You're mostly hearing the outline cases on social media and boards. It seems for most people the whole thing's moving along pretty rapidly and given the numbers being vaccinated, it seems to be accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Not in Kansas

HeyV wrote: »
    I'm always checking the portal and nothing again when I last checked at 11.30am this morning. I messaged them on twitter around midday, just to see was I actually properly registered... I had to give them my details again and they replied that, yes, I was successfully registered and that I'd contacted with details of my appointment within 21 days of registering.

Do you mind me asking which Twitter account you messaged? The general HSE one?

I'd also add a lot of people are bit cagey and secretive about their age. I know two late 40s who were rather quietly vaccinated (likely wearing large shades and a hat) as they are both very slow to admit they're nearly 50.

So, I'd say you'll get fewer "yay! I'm vaccinated" posts than you might think.

I've an aunt in her late 80s and she did exactly that. She only admitted she'd been vaccinated when the age profile dropped a bit! She got an appointment the very first week of the rollout for that age group and just dropped down to the GP (on foot) got the vaccine, grabbed a coffee and acted all cool like she wasn't going for anything to do with vaccine, in case the neighbours cottoned on that she was in her 80s!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I've an aunt in her late 80s and she did exactly that. She only admitted she'd been vaccinated when the age profile dropped a bit! She got an appointment the very first week of the rollout for that age group and just dropped down to the GP (on foot) got the vaccine, grabbed a coffee and acted all cool like she wasn't going for anything to do with vaccine, in case the neighbours cottoned on that she was in her 80s!
    :D That's brilliant, she sound fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭HeyV

Do you mind me asking which Twitter account you messaged? The general HSE one?

Yes, that's the one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

A person registering should be getting their vaccine within 72 hours.

I'm beginning to think that the registration process where people are left for weeks on end is just a PR stunt designed so that politicians can boast about progress.

The whole system is a mess.

That would be a very inefficiently run system if the self-loading vaccinees had to be dealt with that way as it would essentially require them to keep multiple stocks of vaccines to cover all who might register 3 days before.

One issue that keeps coming up in the comparison with certain other continental countries is that we're ignoring the uptake here.

Of the cohorts that have been offered vaccines here, the uptake rate is 100% or very close to it. That simply is not the case in places like Germany and France and you're starting to see them moving down the age rankings faster, as you're getting relatively much lower uptake.

That's making things look like they're going faster, when they're actually not if you look at the daily rate comparison they're in line / in some cases we're slightly ahead.

If you've say on average 30 or 40% of people not registering (as is the case in some countries) then you'll see open access and health agencies trying all sorts of strategies to get people to come forward.

We've the opposite scenario - uptake is enormous and we've been pretty much plugging away as fast as the doses came in (other than reserve doses for 2nd shots etc).

Our vaccination system is basically purring away getting doses out to almost 100% of the target population so far.

The comparison to the US is pointless as they're a few weeks ahead of us and they're also hitting that brick wall now, as you're having to convince people to come forward.

The UK is closer to where we'll be in maybe mid July.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 wonder78

Registered May 17th
    Appointment June 5th
    Roscommon

No text - kept checking the portal and appointment there this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

wonder78 wrote: »
    Registered May 17th
    Appointment June 5th
    Roscommon

No text - kept checking the portal and appointment there this morning.
    Seems to show up later that day or at worst the following morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭Russman

pauldry wrote: »
    Did you get vaccinated in the end?

Not yet, got the appointment last night for tomorrow in Citywest

• Advertisement

is_that_so wrote: »
    Seems to show up later that day or at worst the following morning.

The SMS alerts may be running in batches or something like that.

It should be going through though as your phone number's verified when you create an account and you have to log in using 2 factor, so there's always a text alert going though. So I doubt it's any technical issue with the mobile networks or inaccurate mobile number, if you've been able to log in.

It wouldn't be that unusual for a process like that to run batches of alerts. There could be another step or a manual check going on behind the scenes before they fire out SMS alerts.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Bella3005

One issue that keeps coming up in the comparison with certain other continental countries is that we're ignoring the uptake here.

Of the cohorts that have been offered vaccines here, the uptake rate is 100% or very close to it. That simply is not the case in places like Germany and France and you're starting to see them moving down the age rankings faster, as you're getting relatively much lower uptake.

That's making things look like they're going faster, when they're actually not if you look at the daily rate comparison they're in line / in some cases we're slightly ahead.

If you've say on average 30 or 40% of people not registering (as is the case in some countries) then you'll see open access and health agencies trying all sorts of strategies to get people to come forward.

We've the opposite scenario - uptake is enormous and we've been pretty much plugging away as fast as the doses came in (other than reserve doses for 2nd shots etc).

Our vaccination system is basically purring away getting doses out to almost 100% of the target population so far.

The comparison to the US is pointless as they're a few weeks ahead of us and they're also hitting that brick wall now, as you're having to convince people to come forward.

The UK is closer to where we'll be in maybe mid July.

Where can you see the daily rate to compare?
    I'm asking because the last time I checked Ireland was behind France and Germany.

Bella3005 wrote: »
    Where can you see the daily rate to compare?
    I'm asking because the last time I checked Ireland was behind France and Germany.

There's been various recent unofficial daily rates quoted by ministers and so on, which put us very much in line with where you'd expect.

From what I gather they have the MVC figures as they're being captured quite easily, but are possibly missing some of the finer detail on what's going out through GPs.

I'm not just cheering this on, and will critique if it needs to be critiqued, but I think given the volumes involved and the uptake it's going pretty smoothly.

Hopefully we should have access to the full data fairly soon though. There's a lot of inaccurate info floating around and people quoting old figures that are sitting on various comparison sites.

What would be interesting is if we could track on boards the number of days from the day your age is called to register i.e. if you registered at age 44 today, and count the days to your appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

My brother 41 registered this morning, appointment in Clonmel next Tuesday. Pfizer. Speedy !!

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

solerina wrote: »
    My brother 41 registered this morning, appointment in Clonmel next Tuesday. Pfizer. Speedy !!

Is this through the vaccine portal?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

revelman wrote: »
    Is this through the vaccine portal?

Yes, registered early this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭FaganJr

Anyone know what the age bracket being vaccinated in Breaffy, Castlebar, Mayo at the moment?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 20 shelladoo

Anybody got Friday or weekend appointments for the Helix yet? Just wondering what age group / cohort they will be working on. Due to go to North for this weekend but don't want to go if vaccine is a possibility at short notice (born 1974)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Just an update on punchestown... neighbour 49 is booked in tomorrow and his wife 48 on Monday so it’s definitely looking like end of next week before we see any 46 or 47 getting done.
    I would expect appointments for 45-47 to start coming In next week for some . But very slow as they were still finishing some 50+ up until yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Not in Kansas

harr wrote: »
    Just an update on punchestown... neighbour 49 is booked in tomorrow and his wife 48 on Monday so it’s definitely looking like end of next week before we see any 46 or 47 getting done.
    I would expect appointments for 45-47 to start coming In next week for some . But very slow as they were still finishing some 50+ up until yesterday.

Oh FFS! Thanks for that update. I - 47 - have to travel for work on the 10th and it's looking likely now that I'm going to have a dilemma. Didn't see this coming. Why is Punchestown so slow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭twomonkeys

siochain wrote: »
    Hey Folks, any updates on punchestown Naas ?

Age 49 (1972) being done on Friday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

Me, 46, registered on the 18th, still waiting first appointment. Wife, 43, registered about 2 hours ago received appointment for Sunday - Páirc Uí Chaoimh.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

FaganJr wrote: »
    Anyone know what the age bracket being vaccinated in Breaffy, Castlebar, Mayo at the moment?

Thanks

My husband aged 50 was done on Monday - three friends aged 48 are being done this Friday with Pfizer.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭sapper

Age 46
    Registered May 21
    Appointment Fri 4 June (notified today)
    Citywest
    Moderna

• Registered Users Posts: 10 scamper02

Anyone on North side Dublin getting called. All my Southside mates (down to age 46 anyway) vaccinated. No word for anyone i know on Northside, even aged 49....seems odd...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,244 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

My wife, aged 44, registered last night (portal was taking registrations) and just got her text confirmation of an appointment for this Saturday. Stunned how quickly that happened!

Appointment: Sat 5th June
    Vaccine: Pfizer/BionTech

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Nov2006

scamper02 wrote: »
    Anyone on North side Dublin getting called. All my Southside mates (down to age 46 anyway) vaccinated. No word for anyone i know on Northside, even aged 49....seems odd...

No nothing. Know two nearly 49 year olds waiting whilst 45 year olds on Southside getting theirs. Surely they could send people to the Aviva to even out the numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭denis160

Age 46
    Registered 19th May
    Appointment Sat 5th June
    Carlow IT
    Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 10 scamper02

Will Aviva start doing the 44 and under now....Grrrr. No issue going to any vaccination centre in Dublin. Perhaps Northsiders are more immune to Indian Variant!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,072 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

46, Sat 5 June, Aviva.

Advertisement