Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Oh FFS! Thanks for that update. I - 47 - have to travel for work on the 10th and it's looking likely now that I'm going to have a dilemma. Didn't see this coming. Why is Punchestown so slow?

I am 45 and I am away on the 9th and 10th and was worried I might miss a possible appointment. But I highly doubt I will be done at any stage next week the way things are going .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭positron

Looks like Northsiders are catching "the delay variant" from Louth/East Meath (because Helix was doing Louth/EastMeath 50+ on Monday and Tuesday).

Two 45 years olds here in Drogheda. Not holding my breath on getting the vaccine anytime soon. Good to hear other parts of the country are getting the vaccines into arms, delighted for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Bella3005

scamper02 wrote: »
    Will Aviva start doing the 44 and under now....Grrrr. No issue going to any vaccination centre in Dublin. Perhaps Northsiders are more immune to Indian Variant!
    My local MVC is the Aviva. I'm 52 and haven't been called.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 dragon74

Age 47
    Tullamore MVC: Registered 2 weeks ago on specified date, Appt received yesterday, jab today.
    Pfizer

Very grateful.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

positron wrote: »
    Looks like Northsiders are catching "the delay variant" from Louth/East Meath (because Helix was doing Louth/EastMeath 50+ on Monday and Tuesday).

Two 45 years olds here in Drogheda. Not holding my breath on getting the vaccine anytime soon. Good to hear other parts of the country are getting the vaccines into arms, delighted for them.
    There is another vaccination centre planned for Drogheda, but no details so far that I can see. The current one in Drogheda should start to do more once it gets past the HCW 2nd doses. Also know of people in their 50s who've been sent to Dundalk for Pfizer.

• Advertisement

Bella3005 wrote: »
    My local MVC is the Aviva. I'm 52 and haven't been called.
    HCW second doses of AZ for sure this week, lots of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭mioniqa

Lumen wrote: »
    46, Sat 5 June, Aviva.

Are you in N.Wicklow by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

harr wrote: »
    I am 45 and I am away on the 9th and 10th and was worried I might miss a possible appointment. But I highly doubt I will be done at any stage next week the way things are going .

I don't think you're my mate, but a friend of mine is the same age and working the other end of the country from where he registered around the same time period after the bank holiday. I reckon a lot are away on a break too. He was thinking he would have had to reschedule either the job or vaccination but the way it's going its looking like he might be safe enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭rks

Mutley21
    Bella3005
    Lumpy.Monkey
    fiachraX
    sohsoh

I know you all are in the similar situation as myself. I again called the helpline and same old story. You will get the appointment soon and so on and so forth.

It could be nothing but I was marked for J&J vaccine and my registration page was only lines for appointment 1. Awaiting and Schedule.

I just logged in and noticed that it has now been changed to Appointment 1 and Appointment 2 lines. Still no appointment but definitely something changed or may be a sign on something moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

I'm 1976, registered with 45-49 cohort and waiting on a text. My wife is 1977, registered today with 40-44 cohort at lunchtime and got a text within an hour with an appointment for this Sunday... Go figure.

As it happens, we are supposed to be away for the weekend (planned for 4 months). If she reschedules, any thoughts on likely rescheduled date? I assume it would be within a fortnight anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭booterboy

Kilkenny
    Registered Today 2nd
    App Sunday 6th June
    PFizer

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Rossie11

Galway Sunday 6th
    Moderna

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭sideshowbob321

shelladoo wrote:
    Anybody got Friday or weekend appointments for the Helix yet? Just wondering what age group / cohort they will be working on. Due to go to North for this weekend but don't want to go if vaccine is a possibility at short notice (born 1974)

Helix has definitely slowed down getting through the years imo. I know a 50 and 49 yr old done last Friday and Saturday but I've not had any appointment yet (1973)
    Big cohort I know but a lot of second AZ shots and others from further out have been covered in the past few days .....
    Was hoping to travel this weekend too so hopefully we'll hear soon !

is_that_so wrote: »
    HCW second doses of AZ for sure this week, lots of them.
    People under 50 are scheduled for Aviva this weekend see Lumen's post.

rks wrote: »
    I know you all are in the similar situation as myself. I again called the helpline and same old story. You will get the appointment soon and so on and so forth.

It could be nothing but I was marked for J&J vaccine and my registration page was only lines for appointment 1. Awaiting and Schedule.

I just logged in and noticed that it has now been changed to Appointment 1 and Appointment 2 lines. Still no appointment but definitely something changed or may be a sign on something moving.
    Wow, it's the same for me. I also called this morning.
    Thank you very much for pointing it out to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭ellee

Partner is 45
    Text today
    Appt Friday
    Pfizer
    Dublin Aviva

People under 50 are scheduled for Aviva this weekend see Lumen's post.
    Yeah but I'm talking about these couple of days. It's likely to be the same next week as well. That will impact the speed of new vaccinations.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭pauldry

SO people in 40 to 44 are getting vaccine now but they are not done with other age groups why is this?

pauldry wrote: »
    SO people in 40 to 44 are getting vaccine now but they are not done with other age groups why is this?
    Location - Cork and Dublin in particular are flying and other groups may be assigned vaccines we don't have stocks of, like J&J.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Lumpy.Monkey

I just checked, and mine has changed just like yours.
    Well spotted. We might have lift-off !!!!!

• Advertisement

They are just sick of you calling them up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

pauldry wrote: »
    Could be a natural bias in boards.ie, in that the 'surprised' people post more. Only the HSE have the data so we just have to trust them, but it seems they are more or less keeping the show running to schedule with ripples and dips. Am totes going to post though if I get an appointment this week with a shoutout to science, HSE, and People's Rep. of China (and their bats) for making it all possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭oconnol1

Age 45; 46 in July.
    Pfizer vaccine Sunday 06 June.
    Carlow IT.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

xabi wrote: »
    Me, 46, registered on the 18th, still waiting first appointment. Wife, 43, registered about 2 hours ago received appointment for Sunday - Páirc Uí Chaoimh.
    namloc1980 wrote: »
    My wife, aged 44, registered last night (portal was taking registrations) and just got her text confirmation of an appointment for this Saturday. Stunned how quickly that happened!

Appointment: Sat 5th June
    Vaccine: Pfizer/BionTech
    I'm 1976, registered with 45-49 cohort and waiting on a text. My wife is 1977, registered today with 40-44 cohort at lunchtime and got a text within an hour with an appointment for this Sunday... Go figure.

At the risk of sounding petulant, I'm getting rather frustrated at seeing people younger than me (and by a bit in some cases) getting jab dates but nada for moi. Rang the HSE today and all fine with my registration.....apparently.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭pauldry

They should really make a statement in the media like that annoying ad that comes on the radio..."Lets have an outdoor Summer"

If the ad said "We are now vaccinating people from 40 years upwards, waiting time will vary for an appointment. Some people will get theirs in a couple of days, but this process will mean some people will have to wait 3 weeks"

That would put peoples minds at ease would it not. Instead silence.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Noise Annoys

Location - Cork and Dublin in particular are flying and other groups may be assigned vaccines we don't have stocks of, like J&J.

Dublin City North doesn't seem to be flying. Very few on here posting notification of appointments in Croke Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Nov2006

Dublin City North doesn't seem to be flying. Very few on here posting notification of appointments in Croke Park.

All of north Dublin at a snails pace compared to south. Presume it’s because the Helix took the slack from Louth/Meath.
    Someone ring Joe Duffy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Dublin is not really flying though, it can be seen the last few pages.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭fiachraX

Mutley21
    Bella3005
    Lumpy.Monkey
    fiachraX
    sohsoh

Wow, it's the same for me. I also called this morning.
    Thank you very much for pointing it out to us.

And me!!! It wasn't like that this morning but it has changed now!
    Looks like they've decided they won't be having a J&J day any time soon so they've just put us back into the general mix. Best news in a long time!
    Thanks so much for flagging it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭positron

There is another vaccination centre planned for Drogheda, but no details so far that I can see. The current one in Drogheda should start to do more once it gets past the HCW 2nd doses. Also know of people in their 50s who've been sent to Dundalk for Pfizer.

Any source for that info? It would be nice if they did but I fear this might be just a vaporware to pacify the masses and to distract from the massive planning screwup by HSE / wheover elese is in charge.

Advertisement