Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

pmdcf wrote: »
    Appointment: Friday 4th June
    Vaccine: Pfizer/BioNTech
    Cool, so that one is open now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭pauldry

Looks like 47 year old have passed by. Will I be the last in the country to get first dose?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

As an aside, I'm involved in a sports club and it seems that about half the kids aren't going to be at training this weekend coming as families are going away for the long weekend. Going to be lots of cancellations this weekend one imagines (and lots of short notice cancellation offers too).

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

Brother got text today for vaccine Saturday (born 1974)
    Wife got text for next Monday (born 1976)
    Galway MVC Moderna

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭cornflake1

Age 44. Registered this morning, June 2nd. Text with appointment received six hours later for PUC Cork next Sunday, June 6th. Pfizer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

So they've vastly slowed down North Dublin in order to speed up Louth/Meath

What in the ever living fcuk? :confused:

That's so Irish

(And I don't mean that as a compliment)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Nov2006

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    So they've vastly slowed down North Dublin in order to speed up Louth/Meath

What in the ever living fcuk? :confused:

That's so Irish

(And I don't mean that as a compliment)

And it’s not like North Dublin can only go to the Helix. Would’ve made sense to spread this area to Aviva/Citywest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Nov2006 wrote: »
    And it’s not like North Dublin can only go to the Helix. Would’ve made sense to spread this area to Aviva/Citywest

Croke Park should be another option for Helix spillover as far as North Dublin goes

North Dublin has consistently had some of the worse LEAs since last March, with the Finglas/Ballymun LEA in particular being appalling

And their logic is to vastly slow down North Dublin? :confused:

The mind boggles

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

44, Saturday 5th, Pairc Uí Caoimh. Pfizer (1 of 2).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

pauldry wrote: »
    Looks like 47 year old have passed by. Will I be the last in the country to get first dose?

I doubt it. There's two of us in Mayo wondering how others have appointments....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Given they have everyone's date of birth it's hard to understand why this isn't rolled out rigidly (at each centre) by DOB. At the moment there is no discernable logic. On the one hand you have couples getting the exact same slot, and people of exact birthdays getting the same slot - all as it should be. But on the other hand you also have 47 year olds waiting still, after two weeks, while 43 year olds get appointments within hours in the same area. You also have several couples on here where the older partner still waits and the younger partner got an appointment within hours after registering today. It's causing lots of unnecessary uncertainty and stress.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

46, Saturday at the racecourse in Ballybrit.

Moderna vaccine

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

46, Saturday at the racecourse in Ballybrit.

Moderna vaccine

Same as my brother
    Unless you are my brother

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

44, Saturday 5th, Pairc Uí Caoimh. Pfizer (1 of 2).

Cork really seems to be flying, way ahead of others. Does this not mean they are allocating too many vaccines there? It’s not like places like Dublin are slower and have loads of doses hanging around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

cornflake1 wrote: »
    Age 44. Registered this morning, June 2nd. Text with appointment received six hours later for PUC Cork next Sunday, June 6th. Pfizer

Age 45 in Dublin.
    Still waiting.

Vaccine rollout is, like everything else in Ireland, a complete failure.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 scamper02

Who are Helix and Croke Park vaccinating now? Aviva and Citywest definitely in the 46 age range, if not below.. 49 and 47 years waiting in North Dublin, registered 19th and 21st...am happy to travel south....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Age 45 in Dublin.
    Still waiting.

Well you know that's not true.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Age 45 in Dublin.
    Still waiting.

Im still waiting aswell - 46 Registered the 18 May.
    2 friends - 1 is 47 and the other 45 both got their first doses this week - registered within minutes of myself on the 18th as I texted them to say registration was open at 11.30pm on the 18th-Only difference I can see is that their addresses are in Dublin - Mine is Kildare.

Seems fairly random if you ask me - not sticking to the ages strictly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,692 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Im still waiting aswell - 46 Registered the 18 May.
    2 friends - 1 is 47 and the other 45 both got their first doses this week - registered within minutes of myself on the 18th as I texted them to say registration was open at 11.30pm on the 18th-Only difference I can see is that their addresses are in Dublin - Mine is Kildare.

Seems fairly random if you ask me - not sticking to the ages strictly.

Age profiles differ by area, so naturally some locations will move at a different pace through a particular cohort .

Most of Dublin is doing ages much younger than much of the rest of the country.

The North East is still in the 50s.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    Age profiles differ by area, so naturally some locations will move at a different pace through a particular cohort .

Most of Dublin is doing ages much younger than much of the rest of the country.

The North East is still in the 50s.

Didnt realise that - I was just pointing out that only for our addresses are different - about 7 kms apart yet my 2 friends have been vaccinated but Im still waiting- surely there should be some sort of tracker though which shows which age bracket is being vaccinated in which centres?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Accidentally

Didnt realise that - I was just pointing out that only for our addresses are different - about 7 kms apart yet my 2 friends have been vaccinated but Im still waiting- surely there should be some sort of tracker though which shows which age bracket is being vaccinated in which centres?

The HSE is in a shambles recovering from the ransomware hack, and you'd like IT resource for a tracker.

It's not perfect but they're getting there. You are by no means the slowest area in the country, so a little patience and be grateful you don't live in Drogheda

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭arctictree

loyatemu wrote: »
    snap - another Greystonian yeah?

Slightly annoying as the Mrs got jabbed in Greystones this week, now they're back to sending everyone into Dublin. She said Shoreline was practically empty too. The Dart is off all weekend too.

What's that all about? I'm 47 and live in Roundwood. Vaccination scheduled for Saturday in Aviva. Greystones would have been so much easier to get to....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,692 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Ah come off it! A tracker? Why?

You'll get a text when it's your turn. What does it matter who is being done elsewhere? It won't change anything.

Let's use the resources where best needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

arctictree wrote: »
    What's that all about? I'm 47 and live in Roundwood. Vaccination scheduled for Saturday in Aviva. Greystones would have been so much easier to get to....

I'm in Bray and also got done in the Aviva. As far as I know, because the Arklow centre isn't open, Greystones is being used for the South Wicklow folk, and all of the Bray West electoral area, which oddly includes places like Roundwood, are sent to the Aviva.

Mind you, I have heard of people in Bray being called at very short notice to go to Greystones. Presumably when they have vaccines left over at the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 clarsax

scamper02 wrote: »
    Who are Helix and Croke Park vaccinating now? Aviva and Citywest definitely in the 46 age range, if not below.. 49 and 47 years waiting in North Dublin, registered 19th and 21st...am happy to travel south....

2 pals age 51 & 52 vaccinated in croke park last Saturday and Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

clarsax wrote: »
    2 pals age 51 & 52 vaccinated in croke park last Saturday and Sunday

49 and still waiting for Croke Park. Down to 45 in Aviva I hear. Anti north side or pro south side?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Mtpayslips

45 registered 3+ weeks ago.
    Text on Tues evening at 9.30pm - Scheuled Friday
    Pfizer
    Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭pauldry

Mtpayslips wrote: »
    45 registered 3+ weeks ago.
    Text on Tues evening at 9.30pm - Scheuled Friday
    Pfizer
    Limerick

Did ya ring after it went over 3 weeks. Does name go off portal? It's very unfair that some people wait 48 hours and others over 500

• Registered Users Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Alun wrote: »
    I'm in Bray and also got done in the Aviva. As far as I know, because the Arklow centre isn't open, Greystones is being used for the South Wicklow folk, and all of the Bray West electoral area, which oddly includes places like Roundwood, are sent to the Aviva.

Mind you, I have heard of people in Bray being called at very short notice to go to Greystones. Presumably when they have vaccines left over at the end of the day.

Both my parents got greystones appointments and we're in the little bray area that's covered by Dun Laoighire rathdown.

It's all the one public health area so you could get aviva or greystones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ClosedAccountFuzzy

A family member of mine was just logging in to register and notice the vaccine portal is down for an update with a message to try again tomorrow.

Normal?

Advertisement