Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

A family member of mine was just logging in to register and notice the vaccine portal is down for an update with a message to try again tomorrow.

Normal?

No. Perhaps a supply issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Age 44 (45 in a few days)
    Reg: 22nd May
    Text: 02/06
    Appointment date: 07/06
    Venue: Galway
    Vaccine: Moderna

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ClosedAccountFuzzy

No. Perhaps a supply issue?

Seems unlikely given the impending delivery.

Seems it has a message up now saying it’s down until 2am to facilitate an update. Seems fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭jd

Seems unlikely given the impending delivery.

Seems it has a message up now saying it’s down until 2am to facilitate an update. Seems fair enough.
    Possibly to allow people under 50 to refuse option of AstraZeneca or J&J vaccine on the site?

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

Nice One !
    What location ?

Sorry just saw your post now, Carlow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

They must have been doing their nut. Great to hear

Yes especially my dad. He a publican so thank god he will be covered going back to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    So they've vastly slowed down North Dublin in order to speed up Louth/Meath

What in the ever living fcuk? :confused:

That's so Irish

(And I don't mean that as a compliment)

There is a new drive through vaccination centre opening this weekend in Fairyhouse Racecourse which I'm sure will cover quite a large geographical area - not just Meath.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

That's so Irish

Based on a sample size of what, 5 posters? No, The Helix has done 2-3 days of J&J, other centres are also doing second dose HCWs and second dose Pfizer/Moderna so there is a periodic slowdown anyway but don't let that get in the way of a rant.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,692 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

That's so Irish

They clearly haven't but perhaps they should. People in their 40s being done in Dublin while mid 50s not done elsewhere hardly seems equitable .

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    They clearly haven't but perhaps they should. People in their 40s being done in Dublin while mid 50s not done elsewhere hardly seems equitable .
    As the HSE have said themselves it is an evolving programme and the need to respond flexibly and quite rapidly have emerged now that it is feeding huge numbers into the system. I think there is also this notion in some quarters that we should be doing a single age a day yet ignoring the fact that there needs to be space for the second doses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,559 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Jim_Hodge wrote: »

Why? The bulk of the population is between 35-55 and the bulk of them live in Dublin. So getting through the 40s is the best way to open up since only mRNA vaccines can be used. Once more J&J vaccines are available, those in their 50s will jump past the ones waiting for a 2nd dose in their 40s. Otherwise those J&J vaccines will end up in the bin because there's no one left to use them on. Besides, Dublin is hardly leaps and bounds ahead. Look at Cork, Kilkenny etc in the low 40s before you go pointing fingers.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭King of Spades

There is a new drive through vaccination centre opening this weekend in Fairyhouse Racecourse which I'm sure will cover quite a large geographical area - not just Meath.

Is that confirmed that ifairyhouse will open up this weekend? I heard that it will be ready by Friday but they were still looking to staff it. Hope so as Meath still painfully slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,692 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Why? The bulk of the population is between 35-55 and the bulk of them live in Dublin. So getting through the 40s is the best way to open up since only mRNA vaccines can be used. Once more J&J vaccines are available, those in their 50s will jump past the ones waiting for a 2nd dose in their 40s. Otherwise those J&J vaccines will end up in the bin because there's no one left to use them on. Besides, Dublin is hardly leaps and bounds ahead. Look at Cork, Kilkenny etc in the low 40s before you go pointing fingers.

Not pointing fingers at all so don't go getting all offended. Dublin was an example. Why is Monaghan way ahead of Louth or Meath in getting through the age ranges? Again, where is the equity or ensuring the more vulnerable are vaccinated first? It seems a 46 year old in Clones is more vulnerable than a 60 year old in Carlingford.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,559 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Simple demographics. Not all vaccination centres have the same number of 50 year olds or 72 year olds or whatever arbitrary age. As a result, some inevitably outstrip others.
    There's also other factors like speed of delivery which is down to resource availability and capability, ie you need the right drug and staff available to deliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

Lumen wrote: »
    46, Sat 5 June, Aviva.
    loyatemu wrote: »
    snap - another Greystonian yeah?

Same as myself - 47, Greystones - Sat 5 June, Aviva too. :)

Simple demographics. Not all vaccination centres have the same number of 50 year olds or 72 year olds or whatever arbitrary age. As a result, some inevitably outstrip others.
    There's also other factors like speed of delivery which is down to resource availability.
    It's also down to where they have placed the MVCs. The centres in the NE have been inadequate for the population size - adult population of about 260K. They were fine for the over 60s but not enough for the far larger younger groups. The extra centres should help address that issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MrPickwick

For those that have had to reschedule their original appointment, how many days was it before HSE texted you with a revised appointment date?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Lumpy.Monkey

MrPickwick wrote: »
    For those that have had to reschedule their original appointment, how many days was it before HSE texted you with a revised appointment date?

I'm waiting 12 days so far .....

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dodders

46, Sat 5th June, Helix, pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Bella3005

15 days so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mad Benny

47 - Aug 1973
    Citywest
    Pfizer
    1st dose yesterday
    Appointment received less than 24 hours earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 3 clonner123

Day 16 of a wait for me. Rescheduled my appointment in the Aviva on May 18th

Rang the HSE helpline and sent a message on Twitter yesterday so hoping for an appointment soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭aratsarse101

43 This Sunday, Cork, Pfizer. No underlying conditions. Got text within hours of registering.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

43 This Sunday, Cork, Pfizer. No underlying conditions. Got text within hours of registering.

Congrats. Did you get the text yesterday or today do you mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

At long last.....
    46 (1974), Monday 7th June Cork City Hall, Pfizer. On portal, no text yet. Registered 18th May.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 cripesonfriday

Friday 4th June,
    Helix,
    Pfizer

Registered 19th May, texted yesterday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

Anyone got a call for their second shot yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Today 13.30
    GP Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Congrats. Did you get the text yesterday or today do you mind me asking?
    At long last.....
    46 (1974), Monday 7th June Cork City Hall, Pfizer. On portal, no text yet. Registered 18th May.

Good to hear. Just heard of another 46 year old friend (or maybe it's you!) with the same appointment so they haven't forgotten us!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Good to hear. Just heard of another 46 year old friend (or maybe it's you!) with the same appointment so they haven't forgotten us!

My brother in law got his text as well (I got mine shortly after post). He's a month younger and living close by (East Cork), getting jabbed 20 minutes later. Definitely an area element to the scheduling.

Advertisement