Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭madnessnmayhem

County: Dublin
    Appointment text: 03/06
    First dose appointment: 06/06 (Sunday 430pm)
    Centre: DCU
    Vaccine: Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭pron

Flying Fox wrote: »
    It's ok for me as I have a car, but I have friends who are relying on public transport and Citywest would have been very awkward for them. The Helix is a bit easier.

Useful nugget of info : https://www.independent.ie/world-news/coronavirus/uber-offers-free-taxi-trips-to-four-vaccine-centres-in-dublin-40437966.html

Might take the sting out of it for anyone going beyond normal range

• Registered Users Posts: 14 humbahuwamba

County: Wexford
    First dose appointment: 07/06
    Centre: Enniscorthy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭Peckham

Various 44 year olds I know in Bray with appointments in Greystones on Sunday/Monday.

Others I know in Bray going to Aviva on Saturday, but they're older. 47.

Looks like luck of the draw if you live in Bray! If allocated to Greystones you get vaccinated sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Flying Fox wrote: »
    Interesting, I thought all us D15s were being sent to Citywest. I think the Helix is handier personally, so this is good to see.

Seems to be split evenly between the two, I know some who are relatively neighbours who were vaccinated the same day but in both centres.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭newirishman

newirishwoman got her txt today
    County: Dublin 5
    First dose appointment: 06/06
    Centre: DCU Helix

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭eronayne

Anybody know what age group they are currently doing in Nenagh Tipperary ?

Have not seen any reports on this thread of people getting an appointment.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Anyone got a slot in Mallow GAA?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Got my first dose Monday. Pfizer. Really bad side effects, but sure I'll live. I'm 35, in Dublin, GP rang me to get it early coz of mental health issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

It’s crazy how further along some parts of the country are like we are seeing nearly a 10 year difference in some locations... like I know a 52 year getting done on Saturday and 42 year getting done on Tuesday.. one in cork and one in kildare . Both registered at correct time slot .

• Advertisement

harr wrote: »
    It’s crazy how further along some parts of the country are like we are seeing nearly a 10 year difference in some locations... like I know a 52 year getting done on Saturday and 42 year getting done on Tuesday.. one in cork and one in kildare . Both registered at correct time slot .

The 42 year old is a time traveller then, because they're only supposed to register from tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭dublin_paul

The 42 year old is a time traveller then, because they're only supposed to register from tomorrow.

Countless <40 year olds have received the vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Anyone got a slot in Mallow GAA?

Mallow is very slow, seems like a good few Mallow people have been sent to Killarney or Cork.
    If anyone in North Cork is registering on portal, I'd recommend using an eircode in Cork City.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

TheDriver wrote: »
    Mallow is very slow, seems like a good few Mallow people have been sent to Killarney or Cork.
    If anyone in North Cork is registering on portal, I'd recommend using an eircode in Cork City.

Thanks. Surprised as Mallow is big enough, I've sat exams out there in the past.
    A friend from Dungarvan was sent to Killarney, that's the worst I've heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,500 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Thanks. Surprised as Mallow is big enough, I've sat exams out there in the past.
    A friend from Dungarvan was sent to Killarney, that's the worst I've heard.

Mallow isn't open every day, apparently staffing issues Plus there's not many bays there and it's covering from Kerry to Waterford. I'd stick to city, seems a fairly long wait for a Mallow appt.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

If they are not in Group 4 or Group 7 it's mostly likely to be GPs using up their vaccines and following the HSE no waste policy.

Unless it’s through the portal it’s irrelevant, or misleading.

yes and plenty of people in their 20's and 30's too.............but the common denimonator (in vaccination centres) is that they work in frontline services (mostly healthcare). Some younger people are being done by their GPs who have spare doses.

I work in a vaccination centre, we have being vaccinating young hospital staff and care staff all week, 2nd dose.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Lumpy.Monkey

yes and plenty of people in their 20's and 30's too.............but the common denimonator (in vaccination centres) is that they work in frontline services (mostly healthcare). Some younger people are being done by their GPs who have spare doses.

I work in a vaccination centre, we have being vaccinating young hospital staff and care staff all week, 2nd dose.

Thank you & all your colleagues for all the good work you're doing.
    The staff inside Aviva we're excellent when I was there, especially during and after suffering a panic attack.

Are appointments only allocated once a day in each centre and then the portal updated and texts sent out, or is it at different stages throughout the day?

45 North Dublin here so trying to figure out if I will be called on Monday or after. I see some 46 year olds getting notified for Sunday appointments in The Helix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭King of Spades

Quick question please. Is the 2nd Pfizer vaccine always 4 weeks to the day after your first one in the same vaccination centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

Quick question please. Is the 2nd Pfizer vaccine always 4 weeks to the day after your first one in the same vaccination centre?

I was just going to ask the same question, as I had my 1st on the 24th May and would like to travel on the 3rd July.

if anyone has any experience of this

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Exactly wrote: »
    Are appointments only allocated once a day in each centre and then the portal updated and texts sent out, or is it at different stages throughout the day?

45 North Dublin here so trying to figure out if I will be called on Monday or after. I see some 46 year olds getting notified for Sunday appointments in The Helix.
    As someone suggested earlier it likely that texts go out in batches. You'd also need to take account of the age groups available in the immediate catchment area of the centre. After that there are likely to be factors like older groups missed out, as in Meath/Louth, looking further afield to other locations and of course the supplies for any given day. All in all, a complex operation!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Daniel2021

is_that_so wrote: »
    If they are not in Group 4 or Group 7 it's mostly likely to be GPs using up their vaccines and following the HSE no waste policy.

My GP is doing this. Last two days they are doing anyone over 30 as they have excess. I am getting mine there today and I am early 30s.

I'm aware, but not through the general vaccination program where you register through vaccine.hse.ie which is what this thread is monitoring. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

Not me but a friend:
    Centre: Aviva
    appointment date: Saturday 5th June
    Text date: Tuesday 2nd

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭pauldry

Still havent seen a single person here who registered on May 24th like me.

Did that date even exist?

Know people much younger than me getting it in Sligo now.
    I must be passed by.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

People are supposed to do lots of things but they don’t. Anyone born on 1981 or before has been able to register on the portal since the evening of the 1st June.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

pauldry wrote: »
    Know people much younger than me getting it in Sligo now.
    I must be passed by.

You and me both. Maybe the HSE aren't fans of the weather forum!

We will get there eventually.... but whereas a week ago I'd have been euphoric, now it'll be a case of "finally....." . Pity because all my friends have been on cloud 9 all week having been vaccinated. Bigger picture though is health protection and they can't ignore us for too much longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Beanybabog wrote: »
    Not me but a friend:
    Centre: Aviva
    appointment date: Saturday 5th June
    Text date: Tuesday 2nd

Sounds odd they get a text that early.

Advertisement