Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Compo82

38 - getting it Sunday through my GP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

Hurrache wrote: »
    Sounds odd they get a text that early.

Sorry you’re right the 2nd was Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Not in Kansas

My brother - aged 44 - just got an appointment for Punchestown this Saturday and myself and husband - 47&46 - have heard nothing for the same venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

My brother - aged 44 - just got an appointment for Punchestown this Saturday and myself and husband - 47&46 - have heard nothing for the same venue.
    One of my completely unproven theories is closeness to centre! Is he closer than both of you?

revelman wrote: »
    People are supposed to do lots of things but they don’t. Anyone born on 1981 or before has been able to register on the portal since the evening of the 1st June.

Go back and read the post I was replying to my good man.

• Advertisement

is_that_so wrote: »
    One of my completely unproven theories is closeness to centre! Is he closer than both of you?

We live in the same village, but he's maybe a km closer.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Codpeas

Flying Fox wrote: »
    Interesting, I thought all us D15s were being sent to Citywest. I think the Helix is handier personally, so this is good to see.

I was wondering if they had split D15 into two as I was done in Citywest a week ago (50, Fri 28th, Citywest, Moderna) and others I know from up the road had gone to the Helix.

It appears now to be more sensible and they are splitting it as needs be. My missus (46) is due to the Helix on Sunday for a dose of Pfizer.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I know people were knocking our rollout but we are catching up on UK and hopefully our use of Pfeizer as the big lifter pays off, but I've family in UK only getting their first vaccine Saturday week (late 30's) so when it all shakes out we aren't that far behind. Also likely ahead based on second doses probably.
    I love this thread its just great seeing the appointments rock in and the years drop (I know not as fast as some would like but we are getting there).
    I've my second pfeizer next week with GP (cohort 7, early 40's). :)

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TefalBrain

Sister got text last night 43 Aviva this Saturday. Pfizer

The helpline was useless/borderline rude.

Said he'd deal with my query even though it states it can be up to 3 weeks till your text arrives.

Couldn't explain why my brother - 3 years younger - has a vaccination appointment for the same centre and I don't.

Said not to panic, that he could see my vaccination centre has been approved.

Yep...waste of time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mafitz

2nd Dose
    June 7th
    City West
    4 weeks to the day from first dose Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭positron

pc7 wrote: »
    ..but we are catching up on UK

Are we really though? May be if HSE decides to vaccinate a bunch of 18 year olds and call it we are ahead now. Some parts of the country are doing 40-45 but many 45-50+ are still waiting for their first shot. , seems to be the route they are taking anyway.

45 here registered on 22nd. No sign of appointment but it's only been two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭Peckham

Appointment text: 4 June
    First dose appointment: 8 June
    Centre: Greystones
    Vaccine: Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

It's this messing that is infuriating. How hard can it be to just put everyone attending the same MVC into age order. The couple of people I know in the same boat as you and your wife (and me) are all really upset. To be waiting over two weeks and watch others who are younger get appointments within hours and ahead of you is just demoralising - and it's also just so damn needless. Overall the rollout is going really well but if you are one of the few who have been dealt this card it's hard to see the bigger picture.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

positron wrote: »
    Are we really though? May be if HSE decides to vaccinate a bunch of 18 year olds and call it we are ahead now. Some parts of the country are doing 40-45 but many 45-50+ are still waiting for their first shot. , seems to be the route they are taking anyway.

45 here registered on 22nd. No sign of appointment but it's only been two weeks.

I know some areas are behind, but some are on 43 year olds this weekend, whereas my family in UK 38 isnt getting a jab until weekend after next. I think we are quick to knock ourselves when we are doing well (bar the exceptions with some areas).

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭vertigo1976

Appointment text: 4 June (on portal this morning, no text yet)
    First dose appointment: 6 June
    Centre: Athlone IT
    Vaccine: Moderna

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Nickindublin

Appointment Text: 03 June
    First Dose: 08 June

• Registered Users Posts: 9,023 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I know some 46s that have appointments in Galway (Racecourse) tomorrow Saturday the 5th. They registered two weeks ago (Saturday May 22nd)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭shoes43

I just checked the portal and I am getting Pfizer on Monday 7 June. No text yet. based in Mayo so going to Breaffy House Vaccination Centre. I registered on the 19th of May and will be 46 in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭pauldry

The helpline was useless/borderline rude.

Said he'd deal with my query even though it states it can be up to 3 weeks till your text arrives.

Couldn't explain why my brother - 3 years younger - has a vaccination appointment for the same centre and I don't.

Said not to panic, that he could see my vaccination centre has been approved.

Yep...waste of time.

Rang helpline finally,

Person I got said everything looks fine and I should get notification soon.

Everyone who I work with has now been vaccinated bar me! Some younger.
    They think I dont want to be vaccinated.

Well the latest it will be is 14th June but Id say ill have had it by then.
    Surely call has escalated it somewhat.

Going to doctor Thurs "might" escalate a little more.

The number I rang I had to press option 1 7 times and dont even know how I got through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

Quick question please. Is the 2nd Pfizer vaccine always 4 weeks to the day after your first one in the same vaccination centre?

No - from what I've seen it will be around 4 weeks, plus or minus a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭moshea

Anyone know if there’s any difference between rescheduling an appointment on the portal versus replying NEW to the text?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Deatr

Does anyone have any idea how the vaccines are being allocated in relation to the age groups? I registered 2 weeks ago today, I'm 47, but I've heard nothing and nothing on portal. I can see that others my age and younger are being given appointments.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ClosedAccountFuzzy

moshea wrote: »
    Anyone know if there’s any difference between rescheduling an appointment on the portal versus replying NEW to the text?

I’d use the portal. You’ll have a better user interface and be able to see what’s going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭kyomi

First dose appointment: 7 June
    Centre: Helix

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Olympus1

Registered 31/5 when the portal opened for 40-44. Age 42 (1978)
    Text today 4/6
    Appointment 9/6
    Killarney

Olympus1 wrote: »
    Registered 31/5 when the portal opened for 40-44. Age 42 (1978)
    Text today 4/6
    Appointment 9/6
    Killarney

Wow that’s a quick one! Brilliant

First dose appointment: 7 June
    Centre: Helix

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Ll31

mafitz wrote: »
    2nd Dose
    June 7th