Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Q for anyone who's been to the Aviva for a jab, is there parking available?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭wiz569

Pat_bottom wrote: »
    If I don't get a new apponent by Thursday which is the date of my old appomtmnet what do you guys think would be the chances of just turning up with my appointment text and play dumb and they may just have a spare shot from a no show and just give it to me?

It's for 20 to six in evening so later in the day.

Yes definitely turn up once you have the text, unless you chose yes to one of the questions then maybe the vaccination offered doesn't suit you.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭rks

Yes, there's an underground parking. €2 per hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

rks wrote: »
    Yes, there's an underground parking. €2 per hour.

Thanks, I wasn't sure if they were using the actual car park or had some extra space set aside. I looked it up on their site, very informative.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,598 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Any sign of jabs at pharmacies yet?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-57310312

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Pat_bottom

wiz569 wrote: »
    Yes definitely turn up once you have the text, unless you chose yes to one of the questions then maybe the vaccination offered doesn't suit you.

No was clicking no hahah one was suffered from covid I clicked no the next was some disorder I clicked no and then it just said cancelled can't offer it at this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭wiz569

No was clicking no hahah one was suffered from covid I clicked no the next was some disorder I clicked no and then it just said cancelled can't offer it at this time.

In that case I'd head on up on the date in the text and plead ignorance to anything else ;)

Yeah I'd just turn up with the text.

If they say anything about it being cancelled just say you didn't cancel it, but the site was acting up when you tried to do the questionnaire. Which is true! I think you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭airy fairy

If I don't get a new apponent by Thursday which is the date of my old appomtmnet what do you guys think would be the chances of just turning up with my appointment text and play dumb and they may just have a spare shot from a no show and just give it to me?

What was the question that stopped you getting the vaccine?
    That would determine if your number might be flagged on the system.

airy fairy wrote: »
    What was the question that stopped you getting the vaccine?
    That would determine if your number might be flagged on the system.

Haven't a clue but was do I suffer with something and I clicked no.

• Advertisement

wiz569 wrote: »
    In that case I'd head on up on the date in the text and plead ignorance to anything else ;)

Yeah what harm can it do sure they can only turn me away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

NIMAN wrote: »

We don’t need pharmacies at the moment - the MVCs can handle supplies.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Not in Kansas

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    We don’t need pharmacies at the moment - the MVCs can handle supplies.

It was stated last week that pharmacies would begin to play a part in June... I wonder when. Maybe the next round of J&J when it arrives?

Obviously there will be a slowing down of the MVCs working through the age groups as second doses come into play.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

There is but you're not guaranteed a space. I had my appointment at 9 am and got in no problem, but my wife had a 6 pm appointment and it was full. She ended up parking on the street a good distance away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

Appointment date: June 15th
    Vaccine: Not told yet, assuming Pfizer

Not sure why called early, but feeling lucky nonetheless. :)

Nice :) Do you have an underlying condition?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 marina24

Vaccine: Pfizer
    Portal: still waiting on App 1
    BUT
    Called to GP from a standby list this am!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lochbob

Flying Fox wrote: »
    Which centre?
    citywest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Kalimah

Appt : Monday 7th
    Citywest
    Second dose of Pfizer.
    Exactly 4 weeks after the first.
    I got my first vaccine 5 days after registering!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Any texts yet today? I think today has to be my day...

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Consey

Same thing happened me. I showed up at Citywest at the appointed time. All they checked was the text, so once you have that and your ID etc you should be OK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ClosedAccountFuzzy

I’ve a, hopefully temporary, back problem at the moment. I’m just wondering what’s the waiting time like in the MVCs? I’m just wondering if I need to plan to bring something to lean on like a crutch.

I’ve no appointment yet, but just planning ahead. I might order something subtle online like even a large umbrella or something.

Consey wrote: »
    Same thing happened me. I showed up at Citywest at the appointed time. All they checked was the text, so once you have that and your ID etc you should be OK.

Ohh hopefully so. 👌👌

• Registered Users Posts: 31,072 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I’ve a, hopefully temporary, back problem at the moment. I’m just wondering what’s the waiting time like in the MVCs? I’m just wondering if I need to plan to bring something to lean on like a crutch.

I’ve no appointment yet, but just planning ahead. I might order something subtle online like even a large umbrella or something.

40 minutes for me in the Aviva this afternoon. Steady stop start queueing, so although there were seats every few metres it would be difficult to get much value out of them other than a few seconds of respite.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,456 ✭✭✭corkie

@FuzzyThinking

People with mobility issues, or usually offered a seat at the front of the queues. Just inform the attendants when you get there (if not obvious by your posture).

Lumen wrote: »
    40 minutes for me in the Aviva this afternoon. Steady stop start queueing, so although there were seats every few metres it would be difficult to get much value out of them other than a few seconds of respite.

Good to know. I'll wear a back brace and bring something to lean on. If it goes very bad I'll just put up with it. 40 mins is probably doable.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭HeyV

Had appointment in Galway today (Moderna) at 1.25pm.
    Waited in car til 1.20pm - was all done and back in the car at 1.48pm.
    Might set-up - really efficient and all working there so nice. Found the heat in the observation place where you wait 15 minutes afterwards to be a bit intense. Feel super sleepy the last hour or so, but grand otherwise.
    Very glad to be done - One down, one to go! :):)

corkie wrote: »
    @FuzzyThinking

People with mobility issues, or usually offered a seat at the front of the queues. Just inform the attendants when you get there (if not obvious by your posture).

I'll probably just do the umbrella thing. It might be fine by the time I get called. I just get a once in every few years bout of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Any appointments given today? At all?

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭scooby77

Appointment: Monday morning, 7th June
    Venue: Sligo IT
    Flavour: Pfizer
    (No text yet, checked portal)
    Happy days!

(Text just came through now)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭mark_jmc

42 years old
    Registered Thursday 3rd June.
    Received text Friday morning 4th June for appt on Monday 7th June.
    Venue- Pairc Ui Chaimh Cork
    Pfizer vaccine

Advertisement