Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ClosedAccountFuzzy

Any appointments given today? At all?

Curious about this too: Anyone had an appointment notified today?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

HeyV wrote: »
    Had appointment in Galway today (Moderna) at 1.25pm.
    Waited in car til 1.20pm - was all done and back in the car at 1.48pm.
    Might set-up - really efficient and all working there so nice. Found the heat in the observation place where you wait 15 minutes afterwards to be a bit intense. Feel super sleepy the last hour or so, but grand otherwise.
    Very glad to be done - One down, one to go! :):)

I was there at 1.25 for a 1.30 appointment and was out 25 mins later, its a good set up they have going on all right.

Arm getting a bit sore but no side effects apart from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Pat_bottom

I was there at 1.25 for a 1.30 appointment and was out 25 mins later, its a good set up they have going on all right.

Never realised your from Galway :p

Pat_bottom wrote: »
    Never realised your from Galway :p

My secret is out now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,598 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    We don’t need pharmacies at the moment - the MVCs can handle supplies.

The reason I asked is because our nearest MVC is the guts of a 2hr round trip away.

Would be handy the town 5km away with it's 3 pharmacies were able to give out the jabs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 freckles2021

Hi,
    I've been following this thread with interest, found it really helpful and joined today to post my experience - it might be helpful to someone else. I registered for my vaccine on 13th May, got a text for an appointment on 19th May for 21st May - Aviva, Astra Zeneca. Couldn't attend due to a work commitment so replied with Y for a new appointment. Nothing happened so I started ringing the helpline. I got a few 'you'll get an appointment in a few days' responses. I tried the Irish language option and the lady was very helpful and said she would escalate it for me. Still nothing. I rang last Tuesday and the guy said that an address field in my profile was missing and as a result I was never going to get an appointment! I also had been given the wrong Dublin postcode and he couldn't understand that no one else had spotted it. He escalated again to the second highest level and ...still nothing. I rang again yesterday and asked to speak to a manager and one was supposed to ring me - but unsurprisingly, still nothing.

So frustrated beyond belief, I went to the Aviva this morning and explained the situation to security and they brought me in, registered me and 30 minutes later I had Pfizer flowing through my veins!! The staff in the Aviva were just lovely.

So two things to note for anyone who hasn't received a vaccine appointment or a rescheduled one - something funny is happening to profiles where fields are being deleted and as a result, you drop out of the scheduling. It is not a given that someone will spot it. They tried to say that I had omitted it but as I pointed out, that couldn't have been the case as I had received a first appointment. Also, the vaccination centre staff are far more understanding and might just facilitate you if you haven't had any joy with the helpline.
    Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭HeyV

Did you get Moderna too?
    My arm feels a bit achy now.... like you’d be after throwing in turf!
    I was actually thinking while I was in there today .... how many in these queues around me are here from boards... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭dasa29

Appt : Thursday 10th (call from GP practice to let me know)
    Mullingar
    Second dose of Pfizer.
    Exactly 4 weeks after the first.
    getting both doses from my GP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

Appt : 24th June, Second does from GP, first dose got last week.
    Pfizer.

Chanced my arm rang my GP and asked if I was eligible early as i'm asthmatic and got an appointment for the next day.

HeyV wrote: »
    Did you get Moderna too?
    My arm feels a bit achy now.... like you’d be after throwing in turf!
    I was actually thinking while I was in there today .... how many in these queues around me are here from boards... :D

Yeah I got Moderna.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭eronayne

Age 44 - 1976
    Registered - evening 1 June
    Text - none yet
    Appointment 10th limeric
    Pfizer

Just checked the portal and it was there.

Nothing there about 6 hours ago

Happy days. Was expecting to be send to nenagh. Living in tippera

Was expecting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

Appointment: Monday 7th June
    Venue: Punchestown
    Flavour: Pfizer
    Text arrived yesterday evening

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Bored Capri

Hi,
    I've been following this thread with interest, found it really helpful and joined today to post my experience - it might be helpful to someone else. I registered for my vaccine on 13th May, got a text for an appointment on 19th May for 21st May - Aviva, Astra Zeneca. Couldn't attend due to a work commitment so replied with Y for a new appointment. Nothing happened so I started ringing the helpline. I got a few 'you'll get an appointment in a few days' responses. I tried the Irish language option and the lady was very helpful and said she would escalate it for me. Still nothing. I rang last Tuesday and the guy said that an address field in my profile was missing and as a result I was never going to get an appointment! I also had been given the wrong Dublin postcode and he couldn't understand that no one else had spotted it. He escalated again to the second highest level and ...still nothing. I rang again yesterday and asked to speak to a manager and one was supposed to ring me - but unsurprisingly, still nothing.

So frustrated beyond belief, I went to the Aviva this morning and explained the situation to security and they brought me in, registered me and 30 minutes later I had Pfizer flowing through my veins!! The staff in the Aviva were just lovely.

So two things to note for anyone who hasn't received a vaccine appointment or a rescheduled one - something funny is happening to profiles where fields are being deleted and as a result, you drop out of the scheduling. It is not a given that someone will spot it. They tried to say that I had omitted it but as I pointed out, that couldn't have been the case as I had received a first appointment. Also, the vaccination centre staff are far more understanding and might just facilitate you if you haven't had any joy with the helpline.
    Best of luck!

That’s interesting, I’m in a similar situation, was due Jansen on May 21 & replied new & nothing since. I’ve spoken to several people on the helpline & just get fobbed off even though it’s been escalated. I’m in the system alright, they can see my account just wondering if there is something else going on?

Did you have to reregister or could they see you on the system?

Edited to ask do you think your situation was a once off? Or is it more widespread?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭omicron

Hi,

Best of luck!

Arent you supposed to reply NEW for a new appointment and replying Y probably confirmed your attendance at the original one?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭florawest

Hi just wondering if the 2nd Moderna jab is exactly 4 weeks to the day, it will be 4 weeks next Thursday, Haven't heard anything yet and checked portal said waiting for 2nd.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Rket4000

florawest wrote: »
    Hi just wondering if the 2nd Moderna jab is exactly 4 weeks to the day, it will be 4 weeks next Thursday, Haven't heard anything yet and checked portal said waiting for 2nd.

Thanks
    I got the moderna a couple of weeks ago and was told on the day that I'd get the 2nd in about 4 weeks, during the week of 21June. They told me not to turn up at the Vaccination centre until I get an appointment by text.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Quick question, getting first moderna this week , thing is we will be away for a few days on the week we will be due the second dose.
    Is there any way of letting them know to book us in at 5 weeks instead of 4 ..would rather that than waiting for text and having to reschedule or having to drive back to get it ..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

harr wrote: »
    Quick question, getting first moderna this week , thing is we will be away for a few days on the week we will be due the second dose.
    Is there any way of letting them know to book us in at 5 weeks instead of 4 ..would rather that than waiting for text and having to reschedule or having to drive back to get it ..

Open to correction but I don't believe there is. I think you'll just have to text new when the 2nd appointment comes in

]"That’s interesting, I’m in a similar situation, was due Jansen on May 21 & replied new & nothing since. I’ve spoken to several people on the helpline & just get fobbed off even though it’s been escalated. I’m in the system alright, they can see my account just wondering if there is something else going on?

Did you have to reregister or could they see you on the system?

Edited to ask do you think your situation was a once off? Or is it more widespread?"

Cheers.

They could see me on the system on the helpline but only one person I spoke to spotted that one address field had emptied, I'm not sure which one but it was showing me as Dublin 15 when I'm actually southside and I was assigned the Aviva for the first appointment. Something had changed in my profile and I hadn't done it. I don't know if it was a once off but I got the distinct impression in the Aviva yesterday that I wasn't the first person in a similar situation and they were able to use my existing profile to assign me my vaccine.
    It is worth going to the original centre you were assigned - I just asked if someone could help me and explained what had been happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭airy fairy

Would you not just either reschedule the first jab or drive back for the second?

• Advertisement

omicron wrote: »
    Arent you supposed to reply NEW for a new appointment and replying Y probably confirmed your attendance at the original one?

You're right, you are supposed to reply NEW. I checked my messages and that's what I had replied, not Y. When I went on the portal after texting NEW, it was showing awaiting first appointment so I was due to be allocated one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

My wife is likely in the same position and a guy she knows happens to be involved in the setting up of MVCs and the roll out and he said take the first and just wait for the second appointment to come in and send back the ‘new’ text. He said definitely don’t defer the first one.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭acer911

Any know what MVC people living in Dun Laoghaire are getting sent to?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

acer911 wrote: »

Aviva I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭ncc98071

Appointment: Tuesday 8th June
    Venue: Sligo IT
    Flavour: Pfizer
    Text arrived yesterday evening

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

Is it possible to change eir codes for the vaccine registration?

There seems to be delays where I am in falling through the cracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,911 ✭✭✭appledrop

Wow down to 40 year old in Sligo, that's brilliant!

I'm sure we will be a good bit longer in Dubln though!

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭-K2-

acer911 wrote: »

Both Aviva and Citywest

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Any 1976ers or older still awaiting an appointment?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

How do you log back into the vaccine portal ? I can’t find it

Advertisement