Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭reidman

harr wrote: »
    How is everyone feeling after a first dose , I presume ok to return to work after it and the following day .

Feeling fine, mood fantastic, mostly boosted by the staff at the helix. No bother at all. Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Not in Kansas

aodh_rua wrote: »
    When did he register?

The 17th. But your registration is only counted from the day it opened for your age group. I know because I registered on the 17th also, but when I phoned the helpline with a query a few days ago, it said I'd registered on the 19th. I'm 47.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭PopTarts

what2do wrote: »
    Living Dublin 15
    Text: June 7th
    Appointment: Wednesday 9th June
    Venue:Citywest
    Pfizer

How did you register 19th May? Just curious as thought the 40-44 registration opened last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

PopTarts wrote: »
    How did you register 19th May? Just curious as thought the 40-44 registration opened last week.

Register last Wed, appointment this Wed. 40-44 group. A load of friends around the country in the same category getting done on Wed

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ClosedAccountFuzzy

The 17th. But your registration is only counted from the day it opened for your age group. I know because I registered on the 17th also, but when I phoned the helpline with a query a few days ago, it said I'd registered on the 19th. I'm 47.

I think it’s just in priority of age for the venue that you’re being linked to.

Some are going slightly faster than others.

In reality it’s going fast and there’s a variation of a few days between venues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭cc

42, Cork
    Registered last Fri
    Text this morning confirming Pfizer this Thurs afternoon at City Hall

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

How is everyone feeling after a first dose , I presume ok to return to work after it and the following day .

Absolutely perfect-no after effects whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mafitz

I my 2nd Pfizer yesterday in City West, one of the staff said thet would do 4200 jabs yesterday, seemed a lot of people my age (58) getting their 2nd jabs.

feeling ropey today

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭skD13

Anyone in Kildare noticing delays? Registered 23rd May (45), still waiting on text. Many younger friends in other parts of the country scheduled this week. Original response did say I'd get a text within 3 weeks so I guess no point ringing to enquire until end of this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

skD13 wrote: »
    Anyone in Kildare noticing delays? Registered 23rd May (45), still waiting on text. Many younger friends in other parts of the country scheduled this week. Original response did say I'd get a text within 3 weeks so I guess no point ringing to enquire until end of this week.
    As has always been the case it's down to demographics. Add in the large numbers of second doses and it will slow down periodically.

• Advertisement

Thanks, and I, at least 4 years older than you, who the HSE tell me am down for City Hall too, have received no text and at present there is nothing for me on the portal. I know this system is working for 95%+ of people but its becoming a nightmare for a few of us.... 16 days since I was allowed register (and in fact, like many, I registered early so 19 days since I actually registered). 14 days since friends living near me and only 9 months older got their appointments.
    Perhaps they are de-prioritising the naughty boys and girls who registered early?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Rebelexpat

Thought it was only me! I'm guessing I'm waiting on Punchestown as North Kildare seem to be going to Dublin centres. Registered on 23rd (45) and I'm still waiting. Was down south for weekend and spoke to family members (3/4 years younger) who all had their appointments. I know it's demographics in Kildare but for us, vaccine rollout feels like it's prioritised by Eircode and not your age. Very, very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Rebelexpat wrote: »
    Thought it was only me! I'm guessing I'm waiting on Punchestown as North Kildare seem to be going to Dublin centres. Registered on 23rd (45) and I'm still waiting. Was down south for weekend and spoke to family members (3/4 years younger) who all had their appointments. I know it's demographics in Kildare but for us, vaccine rollout feels like it's prioritised by Eircode and not your age. Very, very frustrating.
    From posters here and people in real life it seems that once you get to 3 weeks you get bumped up the priority list.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

42 in Clare
    Registered 5th of June
    Text yesterday for Thursday 10th in West County Hotel
    Moderna

Seen very little getting Moderna here last few pages, seems to be all Pfizer. Anyone comment on how the felt after getting Moderna?

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭tcif

Headache the evening I got the shot (Pfizer) and sore arm and sore throat for a few days, plus a bit tired. Nothing drastic, though, not enough to keep me from working or anything else.

OH had no side effects whatsoever (also Pfizer), so it does seem to just vary from one person to the next.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭CONSI

Got a call to go to Limerick Vaccination centre on saturday. 42

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Did you check the portal?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Not in Kansas

Hang in there. My husband - 46- got his text yesterday for Wednesday morning appointment. Punchestown.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

is_that_so wrote: »
    From posters here and people in real life it seems that once you get to 3 weeks you get bumped up the priority list.

Just on this I spoke again to HSE last night. They again, for the record, were good on the phone, nice manner. The girl I spoke to was very sympathetic and clearly thought it nuts I didn't have an appointment yet in Cork. She repeated what her colleague told me on Sunday, I.e. that they can't intervene until 21 days from when I registered being 9 June (tomorrow) but told me that if she were me she would ring first thing tomorrow and they will be able to manually get me listed. I hope that means later that day or some such, not that I then get an appointment next week but let's see. Either way it looks like without manual intervention I just may not get an appointment for reasons no one can work out. Just some IT glitch? Bottom line is there are two centres (PUC and City Hall) I could be allocated to and both are now calling some 40 year olds without me seeing anything.

Hopefully the end is nigh (in a good way).....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

skerry wrote: »
    42 in Clare
    Registered 5th of June
    Moderna

Seen very little getting Moderna here last few pages, seems to be all Pfizer. Anyone comment on how the felt after getting Moderna?

Got first shot of Moderna yesterday.
    Sore arm last night and this morning, but apart from that nothing.
    I had taken Paracetemol an hour beforehand, ibuprofen an hour after the shot, and rotated every 4 hours after until last night. Loads of water.

Vaccinator did tell me that generally it's the 2nd shot of Moderna that can bring on fevers etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

47 and I was yesterday wife is 46 and booked in for tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Daemonic

skerry wrote: »
    42 in Clare
    Registered 5th of June
    Moderna

Same as Mr Velo, a sore arm but other than that no side effects at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭majo

Wondering about how things are running in Sligo MVC for second Moderna shot. Are they sticking pretty much to 4 weeks gap or are they running a bit later on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Wife is 44 just got the appointment for UCD tomorrow, Dublin 16

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Mr Velo wrote: »
    Got first shot of Moderna yesterday.
    Sore arm last night and this morning, but apart from that nothing.
    I had taken Paracetemol an hour beforehand, ibuprofen an hour after the shot, and rotated every 4 hours after until last night. Loads of water.

Vaccinator did tell me that generally it's the 2nd shot of Moderna that can bring on fevers etc.

Good to hear. I'm supposed to be cycling Mizen to Malin a week after the shot so I'm hoping it'll be same as yourself and doesn't derail me in any major way. I can handle a sore arm.

Do they advise you to take paracetamol before and iboprufen afterwards?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Lumpy.Monkey

Age 51
    Registered 11 May
    SMS received 19 May
    Appointment 22 May, Aviva, Janssen. Nurse refused to vaccinate me after a panic attack.

Still waiting for a re-schedule, and still getting a different story each time I call the HSE. My profile changed from showing one dose to two doses last week, same as half a dozen others here, but I still fear we're all waiting for the next batch of J&J to arrive.
    Now my employer is now asking why I'm not vaccinated given my age.

I'm half thinking about making a board game out of the experience in time for the Christmas market .... a mix of bingo, operation, and snakes & ladders. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭mollser

Appointment got cancelled after I completed the medical questionnaire, I answered everything in the negative with no flags - what the feck did I answer wrong? Does anyone have the questions that are asked?

Got onto hse live, very helpful but I seem to be just back in the system now for another appointment, so pssed off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

mollser wrote: »
    Appointment got cancelled after I completed the medical questionnaire, I answered everything in the negative with no flags - what the feck did I answer wrong? Does anyone have the questions that are asked?

Got onto hse live, very helpful but I seem to be just back in the system now for another appointment, so pssed off

The trick is not to answer anything on the site. When you get an appointment just go to your centre. They verbally ask few questions anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭mollser

coldfire1x wrote: »
    The trick is not to answer anything on the site. When you get an appointment just go to your centre. They verbally ask few questions anyway.

I had read about this happening to others, so was very careful with how I answered the questions, really annoying - I shall not do it next time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

SMS Received 05/06
    Appointment: 10/06

Pfizer jab. - county cork

Advertisement