Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I imagine comirnaty (Pfizer/biontech) will become the dominant vaccine this month as I read recently they are expecting 1.4 million doses of it through June

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭rks

Age 51
    Registered 11 May
    SMS received 19 May
    Appointment 22 May, Aviva, Janssen. Nurse refused to vaccinate me after a panic attack.

Still waiting for a re-schedule and still getting a different story each time I call the HSE. My profile changed from showing one dose to two doses last week, same as half a dozen others here, but I still fear we're all waiting for the next batch of J&J to arrive. My employer is now asking why I'm not vaccinated given my age.

I'm half thinking about making a board game out of the experience in time for the Christmas market .... a mix of bingo, operation, and snakes & ladders. ;)

I haven't got any any appointment as yet but I got on to them on Twitter again with more than usual rants.

They have now opened a priority case for me, whatever that means. The only difference is that they have given me the case number so next time I call or contact them on Twitter, I will have some reference number. Lets see.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Eldudeson

Age 46:
    SMS recieved: 3/6
    Appointment: 8/6
    Meath - Simonstown.
    Phizer.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

skerry wrote: »
    Seen very little getting Moderna here last few pages, seems to be all Pfizer. Anyone comment on how the felt after getting Moderna?
    Moderna seems to be about 10% of the distribution so far.

Have 3 mates in the US who all got Moderna. 2 were fine. 1 had to stay in bed with a high fever and chills after his second shot. That was 6 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭trellheim

SMS Received 05/06
    Appointment: 10/06

Pfizer jab. - county cork

Quite something. As a 52 year old I was 1st Jab 29 May; Averaging the hell out of it it but thats 12 days to do a 10 year cohort. Roll on the rest !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭freida

mollser wrote: »
    Appointment got cancelled after I completed the medical questionnaire, I answered everything in the negative with no flags - what the feck did I answer wrong? Does anyone have the questions that are asked?

Got onto hse live, very helpful but I seem to be just back in the system now for another appointment, so pssed off

If you have the original txt on your phone and you are happy to go. you could just go. They chk the txt and you have that

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

skerry wrote: »
    Do they advise you to take paracetamol before and iboprufen afterwards?

No.
    Also had a sore arm after 1st moderna jab 2 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭daydorunrun

I take it there is still very little J&J being administered?

I have turned down the Pfizer 3 times now hoping to get a non- mRNA vaccine but I think that's all I'll be offered at this stage.

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.” Homer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

42, Letterkenny
    Registered last Fri
    Text yesterday confirming Moderna this Thurs afternoon at LYIT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭mollser

freida wrote: »
    If you have the original txt on your phone and you are happy to go. you could just go. They chk the txt and you have that

Might just do this if its not rescheduled before then, presume they'd slot you in anyway...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Zaney

coldfire1x wrote: »
    The trick is not to answer anything on the site. When you get an appointment just go to your centre. They verbally ask few questions anyway.

I had my first vaccine in the Aviva yesterday. Check in guy was really surprised I had filled out the questions online. Seems like most people don’t?

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭freida

mollser wrote: »
    Might just do this if its not rescheduled before then, presume they'd slot you in anyway...

Yes it seems to be a glitch that boots people out who try to answer the questions. If you search the thread others have just turned up with their text and were done

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

Tenger wrote: »
    Moderna seems to be about 10% of the distribution so far.

Have 3 mates in the US who all got Moderna. 2 were fine. 1 had to stay in bed with a high fever and chills after his second shot. That was 6 weeks ago.

That's a long time to be in bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

Just got called into GP at short notice today
    Delighted !
    Still hadn’t got any appointment through HSE
    Age 42 Galway region

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mcgiw

Appointment received: 08/06/2021 morning (online)
    Appointment date: 11/06/2021 evening
    SMS: Not yet received. Received at 13:30.
    Brand: Pfizer
    Venue: PUC, Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Pfizer, Pfizer, Pfizer... unless you're in your 60s, in which case you may take your chances with AstraZeneca, wait months and just go feck off if you don't like it. I think the administration is going to regret this faux pas.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Lumpy.Monkey

rks wrote: »
    I haven't got any any appointment as yet but I got on to them on Twitter again with more than usual rants.

They have now opened a priority case for me, whatever that means. The only difference is that they have given me the case number so next time I call or contact them on Twitter, I will have some reference number. Lets see.

I've tweeted them again today but just got the usual "I have made a note on your file and you'll be contacted as soon as possible."

I don't want to put any extra strain on other departments of the HSE right now, but when they've recovered from the cyber attack, I want to hit them with a DSAR to find out of all these notes actually exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I have turned down the Pfizer 3 times now hoping to get a non- mRNA vaccine but I think that's all I'll be offered at this stage.

You're the 3rd person today to tell me they are holding out for a non mRNA vaccine. Do you mind me asking why?

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Furze99 wrote: »
    Pfizer, Pfizer, Pfizer... unless you're in your 60s, in which case you may take your chances with AstraZeneca, wait months and just go feck off if you don't like it. I think the administration is going to regret this faux pas.

What faux pas

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

FYI: J&J in Aviva tomorrow.

I am curious as well. Why you dont want Pfizer, seems like most people happy with it.

• Advertisement

Why would you do that?

If you're over 50 you'll be able to get J&J in pharmacies soon. Otherwise it's an mRNA and no amount of cancelling appointments will change that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Are you under 50? If yes then you’ll be waiting a longtime for an adenovirus vaccine as only available to under 50s if no mRNA vaccine available. Given that sufficient is available, low propspect of J&J for that cohort. Kind

• Registered Users Posts: 7 lochbob

Reg 19th May
    Text 7 June
    Appointment: 9 June
    Age 45
    Dublin 15
    Citywest
    Pfizer

A long wait but worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

Wife got her 1st Pfizer on Sunday. She was a bit dizzy that day and on Monday had slightly elevated temperature, but now she's back to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Text for appointment: 4th June
    Appointment: This morning - 8th June
    Vaccine: Moderna

No issues so far. Delighted to get the ball rolling and can't believe the turnaround was so quick from registration to getting the vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭positron

Appointment received: 8th June (text)
    Appointment date: 11th June
    Brand: Pfizer
    Venue: Fairways, Dundalk

Mrs. P who is a day younger, has not received an invite yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭daydorunrun

You're the 3rd person today to tell me they are holding out for a non mRNA vaccine. Do you mind me asking why?
    coldfire1x wrote: »
    FYI: J&J in Aviva tomorrow.

I am curious as well. Why you dont want Pfizer, seems like most people happy with it.
    Flying Fox wrote: »
    Why would you do that?

If you're over 50 you'll be able to get J&J in pharmacies soon. Otherwise it's an mRNA and no amount of cancelling appointments will change that.
    Marcusm wrote: »
    Are you under 50? If yes then you’ll be waiting a longtime for an adenovirus vaccine as only available to under 50s if no mRNA vaccine available. Given that sufficient is available, low propspect of J&J for that cohort. Kind

I have an autoimmune issue- thyroid disease (really struggle to control my levels). I'm lead to believe there are studies into the the possible effects of mRNA vaccines on people with these conditions but there is no real information available yet. I suppose you could say I'm using an abundance of caution until there is more info available.

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.” Homer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

Registered May 23rd. 45. Nothing yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

SusanC10 wrote: »
    Registered May 23rd. 45. Nothing yet.
    It is really slow news since Friday when a mass of invites were sent out. Nothing seems to be happening since bar a trickle of invites picking up 76ers like yourself (I presume) still waiting on appointments. I think the progress of last Thur and Fri raised expectations but it was just getting out invites for the long weekend ahead and now it is low key again.
    The SW is going well, though. Dublin region is slowly processing the numbers where the bulk of working age people live due to the spatial imbalance of our economy.

Advertisement