Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,450 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

44. Missed my appointment this morning.:(

Registered last week and hadn't been monitoring my texts because I lazily assumed it would be at least a couple of weeks before I got word.

How soon am I likely to be rescheduled?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

44. Missed my appointment this morning.:(

Registered last week and hadn't been monitoring my texts because I lazily assumed it would be at least a couple of weeks before I got word.

How soon am I likely to be rescheduled?
    Go now like NOW !
    They only check if appointment is same day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

Was talking to a friend there now. Same age as me - 45.

Anyone experience this? She said when she logged into the Portal today that it showed her 1st dose scheduled and a blue box saying "Show Appointment details". When she clicked on this, the screen went blank/white and when she refreshed it, it went back to Awaiting Appointment. She rang the Helpline but they are saying that she rescheduled her Appointment and must wait for a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Rket4000

skerry wrote: »
    Good to hear. I'm supposed to be cycling Mizen to Malin a week after the shot so I'm hoping it'll be same as yourself and doesn't derail me in any major way. I can handle a sore arm.

Do they advise you to take paracetamol before and iboprufen afterwards?

I got Moderna 1st dose nearly two weeks ago.. Sore arm for a day or two afterwards.... No other issues. I wasn't given (or ask for) any advice on what to take or not take

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Navy blue

42, registered Friday 4th June, got text Monday 7th June, appointment Friday 11th June, Cork City Hall. Can't believe I will have my first jab within a week of registering!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

43, registered Thursday 3rd and got appointment for today on Friday. Husband is the same age, registered on Thursday, gave his name on the waiting list for vaccine and got vaccinated next day because they had some excess. Both in Tullamore.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Daithi07

What age groups are they on in Limerick?. Not seen any posts with Appiontments there. Also are they still in the Radisson or limerick race course now.... Or both?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Furze99 wrote: »
    Growing consensus = one person? Assuming AZ can deliver enough this month a lot of that group can be done and there will be few if any new AZ recipients. Over 60s were pencilled in for July originally, when apparently AZ have said they'll have loads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

SusanC10 wrote: »
    Was talking to a friend there now. Same age as me - 45.

Anyone experience this? She said when she logged into the Portal today that it showed her 1st dose scheduled and a blue box saying "Show Appointment details". When she clicked on this, the screen went blank/white and when she refreshed it, it went back to Awaiting Appointment. She rang the Helpline but they are saying that she rescheduled her Appointment and must wait for a new one.

No. If that happened to me (mind you I'd need an appointment first) at this stage I would scream. That is shocking luck. As a 45 year old your friend has been waiting long enough. As I've said, the system is working for 99% of people but for those of us experiencing HSE IT glitches we have no control over its a nightmare.

Navy blue wrote: »
    42, registered Friday 4th June, got text Monday 7th June, appointment Friday 11th June, Cork City Hall. Can't believe I will have my first jab within a week of registering!

I can't believe it either, but in a different way...

All joking aside, congrats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,416 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I can't believe it either, but in a different way...

Your saga is darkly comical at this stage. The forgotten man.

I'm wondering is it something like your surname starting 'o fada' and it drops you to the bottom of the list every time the system does a re-sort?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,559 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

What year are they down to in the Aviva now?

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

I just got my 1st Pfizer jab in the Helix.
    It was organized in a very professional way and everyone was very nice.
    Can't wait to see my 2nd appointment appear on the system :)

Your saga is darkly comical at this stage. The forgotten man.

I'm wondering is it something like your surname starting 'o fada' and it drops you to the bottom of the list every time the system does a re-sort?

Nah, no such explanation. I'm too close to it to laugh, but yeah it's hugely ironic that I've been on boards posting about vaccines for months, obsessively analysing patterns of progress of the vaccine, speculating to (often apathetic) friends about when we would we be vaccinated and then, when the moment came, I'm the 1 in 100 (or 1000?) that slips through the net. I suspect some of my friends think it's hilarious in the darkly comic way you suggest and I hope in time, after lots and lots of therapy, I'll see it that way too!

I should say its only because I'm in Cork with its fast progress I stand out. Clearly loads of other 1976ers in the east and north east still to be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

positron wrote: »
    Appointment received: 8th June (text)
    Appointment date: 11th June
    Brand: Pfizer
    Venue: Fairways, Dundalk

Mrs. P who is a day younger, has not received an invite yet.

Oh
    Great stuff.
    Drogheda was so far behind seem right back in the mix

• Registered Users Posts: 14,278 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Nah, no such explanation. I'm too close to it to laugh, but yeah it's hugely ironic that I've been on boards posting about vaccines for months, obsessively analysing patterns of progress of the vaccine, speculating to (often apathetic) friends about when we would we be vaccinated and then, when the moment came, I'm the 1 in 100 (or 1000?) that slips through the net. I suspect some of my friends think it's hilarious in the darkly comic way you suggest and I hope in time, after lots and lots of therapy, I'll see it that way too!

What actually happened Rebelbrowser? Have you been registered for a while and haven't heard anything, is it?

leahyl wrote: »
    What actually happened Rebelbrowser? Have you been registered for a while and haven't heard anything, is it?

Yeah, 20 days and counting! I'm told HSE can manually intervene tomorrow and give me an appointment as 21 days will be up. 45 year old friends of mine got texts 15 days ago and I have confident texts to friends still on my phone from that day where I proudly announced we would all be vaccinated before May was out. May 2022 now the next target! That'll learn me to count my chickens.....

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Daithi07 wrote: »
    What age groups are they on in Limerick?. Not seen any posts with Appiontments there. Also are they still in the Radisson or limerick race course now.... Or both?

Racecourse only. I've seen reports of 43 year olds with Friday appointments and 42 year olds on Saturday. I'm 42 but have no appointment yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,278 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Yeah, 20 days and counting! I'm told HSE can manually intervene tomorrow and give me an appointment as 21 days will be up. 45 year old friends of mine got texts 15 days ago and I have confident texts to friends still on my phone from that day where I proudly announced we would all be vaccinated before May was out. May 2022 now the next target! That'll learn me to count my chickens.....

Haha, aw that's annoying now! I'm eager to hear when the 30's will be open for regsitration myself. Where did you see that you should receive an appt within 21 days? Does it come in the confirmation of registration email?

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Is it mandatory to take the phone with sim that is used for registering in vaccination portal, or is the screenshot of the appointment confirmation enough, to the vaccination centre?

• Advertisement

leahyl wrote: »
    Haha, aw that's annoying now! I'm eager to hear when the 30's will be open for regsitration myself. Where did you see that you should receive an appt within 21 days? Does it come in the confirmation of registration email?

It does indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

mac.in wrote: »
    Is it mandatory to take the phone with sim that is used for registering in vaccination portal, or is the screenshot of the appointment confirmation enough, to the vaccination centre?

From this morning I'd say a screenshot would do you. Why would you not want to bring your phone with sim? It seems very odd...

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭KerryConnor

I didn't have my phone with me but had all the details and it was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

From this morning I'd say a screenshot would do you. Why would you not want to bring your phone with sim? It seems very odd...

It's for my spouse. I registered her using my phone number.:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭Peckham

I had appointment in Greystones this morning. Was never asked for my phone, just my name, time of appointment, photo ID, and PPS number.

Superbly efficient. Got out of the car at 12.10,was back in it 45 minutes later. Everyone I dealt with was so pleasant and cheery.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

It's for my spouse. I registered her using my phone number.:D:D

Just forward the text to her phone. You don't need screenshot.

I showed up with my daughter's passport instead of mine. I'm very organised obviously. I had to use my driving licence with my maiden surname and it was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Huge q at Citywest

Due at 1830 but have a circle of carpark to walk yet

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Onthefence

How old are you, pretty please??? Far too eager to get a date for my jab here!
    Peckham wrote: »
    I had appointment in Greystones this morning. Was never asked for my phone, just my name, time of appointment, photo ID, and PPS number.

Superbly efficient. Got out of the car at 12.10,was back in it 45 minutes later. Everyone I dealt with was so pleasant and cheery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭Peckham

Onthefence wrote: »
    How old are you, pretty please??? Far too eager to get a date for my jab here!

44. Registered last Tuesday night, got text on Friday morning.

From the brief bit of the list I could see at the door the birthdates all seemed to be late 1976 or early 1977.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭heraldo

What year are they down to in the Aviva now?

My wife was done yesterday and she's 43, She registered last Thursday morning.

Advertisement