Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Next monday at 4pm and I'm 24. Local doctors gave me a call and said they are trying to get all patients jabbed before the next strain. They are using the Pfizer vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Onthefence

Cheers! Nearly there so.
    Peckham wrote: »
    44. Registered last Tuesday night, got text on Friday morning.

From the brief bit of the list I could see at the door the birthdates all seemed to be late 1976 or early 1977.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,911 ✭✭✭appledrop

I take it there is still very little J&J being administered?

I have turned down the Pfizer 3 times now hoping to get a non- mRNA vaccine but I think that's all I'll be offered at this stage.

If you in your 40s they won't offer you anything apart from mRNA vaccine. They actually cancelled some people apps early on that were being offered J&J.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭daydorunrun

appledrop wrote: »
    If you in your 40s they won't offer you anything apart from mRNA vaccine. They actually cancelled some people apps early on that were being offered J&J.

Yeah, I figured as much from what I’ve read.
    I’ll have to wait so.

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.” Homer.

Yeah, I figured as much from what I’ve read.
    I’ll have to wait so.

You may never be offered one if you in your 40s.

Is there a medical reason you want AZ or J&J?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I'm 40. I registered on Friday afternoon after a friend younger than me told me they had succesfully done so. Got the text on Friday evening and have an appointment at the centre tomorrow morning. I'm in the Midlands.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ClosedAccountFuzzy

They don't seem to be working in reverse order of age. I'm seeing very random people getting appointments in both Cork City Hall and PUC.

Any idea what the criteria for texting out appointments is? Is it by blocks of addresses or something?

I'm seeing people from 1977 without appointments and people who are from 1981 and have been vaccinated.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭buckwheat

42 years old. Registered on Thursday 3rd. Got text this eve with an appointment for Friday 11th. Co Monaghan. Pfizer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Anyone know how early appointments start in the aviva?

appledrop wrote: »
    You may never be offered one if you in your 40s.

Is there a medical reason you want AZ or J&J?

Yeah, there is accepted potential for mRNA vaccines to exacerbate autoimmune conditions which I have (low thyroid and rheumatoid arthritis) - it is being investigated so I’d rather wait till more is known.

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.” Homer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ClosedAccountFuzzy

Riskymove wrote: »
    Huge q at Citywest

Due at 1830 but have a circle of carpark to walk yet

I don’t think I’ll be able to do that. Seriously bad back issues. Getting a bit concerned that I’ll have to go home if it’s like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I don’t think I’ll be able to do that. Seriously bad back issues. Getting a bit concerned that I’ll have to go home if it’s like that.

Go to the security and explain your problem . There are chairs up front for anyone who cannot queue for health reasons

Yeah, there is accepted potential for mRNA vaccines to exacerbate autoimmune conditions which I have (low thyroid and rheumatoid arthritis) - it is being investigated so I’d rather wait till more is known.

Best of luck with it hope you get a choice down the road for one you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

Has Croker stopped completely at this stage? I haven't seen a Croker appointment in here for a good few days. Have a 1974 Dublin 7 friend getting worried he's fallen between the cracks but I think its just Croker has ground to a halt?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

If they get down to 40 for south siders I will complain.

It seems others are also concerned. Discrimination.

https://twitter.com/aodhanoriordain/status/1402225539402895363?s=21

Phibsboro wrote: »
    Has Croker stopped completely at this stage? I haven't seen a Croker appointment in here for a good few days. Have a 1974 Dublin 7 friend getting worried he's fallen between the cracks but I think its just Croker has ground to a halt?

It is discrimination. No delays on the south side. And people who will respond are the south siders with their vaccines and appointments.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Not in Kansas

Friend aged 44
    Text this evening
    Appointment Friday 11th lunchtime
    UCD
    Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

Riskymove wrote: »
    Huge q at Citywest

Due at 1830 but have a circle of carpark to walk yet

Any update on the queue? I have an appointment around that time in a few days at Citywest.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭annetcl

Area: D15
    Text received: this evening 8/6
    Vac date: 11/6 Friday afternoon
    Venue: Helix
    Vac: Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Any update on the queue? I have an appointment around that time in a few days at Citywest.

Waiting after my jab at present

Took 1 hour 45 mins from parking to now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭rsl1976

It is discrimination. No delays on the south side. And people who will respond are the south siders with their vaccines and appointments.

My brother got his vaccine in Croke Park today. Born 1974, lives in the Ballybough area

• Registered Users Posts: 30 gfaces

born 1979

Got summoned just now for vaccine.Pfizer on friday 11 June.

I live in Limerick City and they have scheduled me for WIT Arena in Waterford
    almost 130km away as the crow flies .... Rang up to cancel as I cant make that.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭rsl1976

Got mine today in Helix, 44, Pfizer

Really, link??? Accepted potential?? Based on what? Best vaccination is the one in your arm, quote from Rheumatologist

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭M_Murphy57

Sunnyspot wrote: »
    Really, link??? Accepted potential?? Based on what? Best vaccination is the one in your arm, quote from Rheumatologist

Why do you care? If someone is concerned about their health and wants to delay their vaccine, what's it to you? Everyone he rejects someone else gets.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

M_Murphy57 wrote: »
    Why do you care? If someone is concerned about their health and wants to delay their vaccine, what's it to you? Everyone he rejects someone else gets.

Because there may be others with similar conditions reading this thread and need clarification . My sister has rheumatoid arthritis and was absolutely assured by her Rheumatologist consultant that Pfizer was ok for her to get .

rsl1976 wrote: »
    My brother got his vaccine in Croke Park today. Born 1974, lives in the Ballybough area

That is great news and hopefully they will address this discrimination. My brother 1975 was vaccinated two weeks ago in the Aviva.

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Because there may be others with similar conditions reading this thread and need clarification . My sister has rheumatoid arthritis and was absolutely assured by her Rheumatologist consultant that Pfizer was ok for her to get .

I was advised the same. I decided I would rather wait awhile as mRNA is new and long term effects unknown. This is a personal choice and is against the views of my doc. I am also willing to accept that reading too much about potential issues as a non medical person is filled with pit falls. However I’ve gone there now and would prefer to exercise caution with that type of vaccine. After all if there are issues down the road the very people who advised me to get it will simply say ‘well that was best advice at the time’.
    I’m healthy apart from those conditions and don’t feel at risk off covid, however I’d take a vaccine right now if offered, just not the mRNA until more details are known.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭M_Murphy57

iamwhoiam wrote: »

So strangers should take advice instead from you, a different anonymous stranger, based on hearsay from your sister?!

Couldnt make it up!

That poster wasnt "advising" anyone, they asked what their chances were of a specific vaccine they feel might be better suited to them. Unlike you, giving out assurances they are safe based on something you've been told 2nd hand.

I think vaccines are almost 100% safe for me, but I understand some people might have their own legitimate concerns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Discrimination, bizarre claims to be honest.

Advertisement