Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

Any news on south Kildare? It looks like we're well behind (last I saw on Twitter was 1972 folks yesterday).

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

M_Murphy57 wrote: »
    So strangers should take advice instead from you, a different anonymous stranger, based on hearsay from your sister?!

Couldnt make it up!

That poster wasnt "advising" anyone, they asked what their chances were of a specific vaccine they feel might be better suited to them. Unlike you, giving out assurances they are safe based on something you've been told 2nd hand.

I think vaccines are almost 100% safe for me, but I understand some people might have their own legitimate concerns.

I made or gave no advice to anyone on this thread . I relayed what my sister consultant said as a reply to you . No one at any stage was given any advice to do anything

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Liam2021

Waiting on vaccine in Navan what cohurt are they on. I'm in the 45-49 registered 2.5 weeks ago still no appointment

• Registered Users Posts: 10,115 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Got appointment today, Northside Dublin. 44, appointment is Thursday so a week since registration.

I was advised the same. I decided I would rather wait awhile as mRNA is new and long term effects unknown. This is a personal choice and is against the views of my doc. I am also willing to accept that reading too much about potential issues as a non medical person is filled with pit falls. However I’ve gone there now and would prefer to exercise caution with that type of vaccine. After all if there are issues down the road the very people who advised me to get it will simply say ‘well that was best advice at the time’.
    I’m healthy apart from those conditions and don’t feel at risk off covid, however I’d take a vaccine right now if offered, just not the mRNA until more details are known.

That is entirely your decision and I respect your decision . I just wanted to make it known that Rheumatology consultants were saying mRNa were ok to take
    Thank you for the reply and I hope you get a vaccine you feel safe with

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Top quark

aodh_rua wrote: »
    Any news on south Kildare? It looks like we're well behind (last I saw on Twitter was 1972 folks yesterday).

I am in south Kildare and was expecting portlaoise.
    Registered 19th May .
    Aged 49 .
    Appointment text today for UCD on thurs 10th
    Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭daydorunrun

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    That is entirely your decision and I respect your decision . I just wanted to make it known that Rheumatology consultants were saying mRNa were ok to take
    Thank you for the reply and I hope you get a vaccine you feel safe with

Truth be told I wish I hadn’t questioned it and followed Doctors advice but I can’t shake the little voice of doubt now!

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.” Homer.

Truth be told I wish I hadn’t questioned it and followed Doctors advice but I can’t shake the little voice of doubt now!

I know what you mean it’s difficult when a doubt sets in . My sister had Pfizer and apart from a sore injection site had no problems at all after either first or second dose
    Best wishes to you and I hope you get what you feel comfortable with

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

Hurrache wrote: »
    Discrimination, bizarre claims to be honest.

Bizarre except the facts say otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

It is discrimination. No delays on the south side. And people who will respond are the south siders with their vaccines and appointments.

Maybe it's because you have freckles, or one tit bigger than the other :rolleyes:

Yeah double vacced southsider here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,911 ✭✭✭appledrop

Sunnyspot wrote: »
    Really, link??? Accepted potential?? Based on what? Best vaccination is the one in your arm, quote from Rheumatologist

I think its up to everyone to make their own judgement on what vaccine they are willing to take.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

It is discrimination. No delays on the south side. And people who will respond are the south siders with their vaccines and appointments.
    I'm in D5, registered last Thursday, so let's see how long it takes me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Bizarre except the facts say otherwise.

No, the facts absolutely don't confirm there's discrimination.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Yeah, I figured as much from what I’ve read.
    I’ll have to wait so.

You have close to zero prospect of being offered a non-mRNA vaccine.

Top quark wrote: »
    Registered 19th May .
    Aged 49 .
    Pfizer

Thanks! You're right on the three week mark, so it sounds like you got wherever they could fit you in before going into your fourth week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Yeah, there is accepted potential for mRNA vaccines to exacerbate autoimmune conditions which I have (low thyroid and rheumatoid arthritis) - it is being investigated so I’d rather wait till more is known.

You’ll need to get someone to intervene to offer you anything other than an mRNA vaccine as NIAC has determined them to be inappropriate if an mRNA vaccine is available which it almost always will. I’m not challenging your position but if you want an adenovirus vaccine you’ll need to find someone to order a breach in protocol to get you one. Otherwise you will be left hanging.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,559 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Hurrache wrote: »
    No, the facts absolutely don't confirm there's discrimination.

Must be referring to further south? In fairness, Cork is light years ahead!

Thanks! You're right on the three week mark, so it sounds like you got wherever they could fit you in before going into your fourth week.

Meanwhile the 49 year old in blackrock will be getting a second vaccine next week.

ixoy wrote: »

I see that a few TDs are now highlighting the delays to Northsiders so hopefully that will push things on for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭daydorunrun

Marcusm wrote: »
    You’ll need to get someone to intervene to offer you anything other than an mRNA vaccine as NIAC has determined them to be inappropriate if an mRNA vaccine is available which it almost always will. I’m not challenging your position but if you want an adenovirus vaccine you’ll need to find someone to order a breach in protocol to get you one. Otherwise you will be left hanging.

To be honest the way things are changing All the time I think it could well be a different situation in a few weeks.

I have to go down a different route now anyway as once you refuse appointments and then stop the vaccination process citing not being happy with the vaccine being offered, you can no longer use the online registration portal.

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.” Homer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ClosedAccountFuzzy

Must be referring to further south? In fairness, Cork is light years ahead!

Seems very patchy in Cork

Hearing people 1980 and 81 who’ve been given appointments and people 1977 who haven’t been texted yet.

No idea what the machinations behind that are.

Top quark wrote: »
    Registered 19th May .
    Aged 49 .
    Pfizer

I am south Kildare too. 43, registered last Thursday. Got a text today to say i am getting the Moderna vaccine this Thursday in Portlaoise. Bit stupid sending you to UCD but i am sure you dont mind as long as you get the vaccine

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Nov2006

ixoy wrote: »

Helix is doing 1977s tomorrow from D5 area and Thursday too. Few pals have gotten the nod.

I am south Kildare too. 43, registered last Thursday. Got a text today to say i am getting the Moderna vaccine this Thursday in Portlaoise. Bit stupid sending you to UCD but i am sure you dont mind as long as you get the vaccine

I'm a 1979 and registered on Friday, so hopefully only a day behind 🀞

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Top quark

Yes. It would have been so much more convenient for me to go to punchestown or portlaoise but I just want to get the first jab at this stage so I will travel .

I'm a 1979 and registered on Friday, so hopefully only a day behind ��

You will probably get confirmation tomorrow

You will probably get confirmation tomorrow

1972 and still waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Seems very patchy in Cork

Hearing people 1980 and 81 who’ve been given appointments and people 1977 who haven’t been texted yet.

No idea what the machinations behind that are.

Quite apart from my own cluster**** situation, the way they did 45-49 in Cork was strange too. They were doing 45s within a week of opening the portal (equivalent to 40 year olds in next cohort) at a time when there were loads of 49s without texts. And when you talked to people it was very hard to understand the distinction (there seemed no clear geographic or otherwise explanation). But in general (takes a deep breath) everyone gets done within the alloted 21 days and that's the aim so, on a macro level, it all works well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

1972 and still waiting.

That's all wrong. Have you phoned the HSE? I'm told that after 21 days they can manually give you an appointment. You must be close to or at that by now.....

• Advertisement

That's all wrong. Have you phoned the HSE? I'm told that after 21 days they can manually give you an appointment. You must be close to or at that by now.....

I rang and was told to be patient. Getting annoyed to be honest (as my posts today show).

Advertisement