Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

Phibsboro wrote: »
    Has Croker stopped completely at this stage? I haven't seen a Croker appointment in here for a good few days. Have a 1974 Dublin 7 friend getting worried he's fallen between the cracks but I think its just Croker has ground to a halt?

Wouldn't you know, he got the text this evening, Thursday, Croker, Pfizer. He is delighted!

1972 and still waiting.

Your not the first born in 1972 who is still waiting. Guy i know registered 3 weeks ago and still no word

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

Your not the first born in 1972 who is still waiting. Guy i know registered 3 weeks ago and still no word

That’s great that I am not alone. But when I hear of 1981’s getting vaccines it starts to get a bit frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ClosedAccountFuzzy

Quite apart from my own cluster**** situation, the way they did 45-49 in Cork was strange too. They were doing 45s within a week of opening the portal (equivalent to 40 year olds in next cohort) at a time when there were loads of 49s without texts. And when you talked to people it was very hard to understand the distinction (there seemed no clear geographic or otherwise explanation). But in general (takes a deep breath) everyone gets done within the alloted 21 days and that's the aim so, on a macro level, it all works well.

Is it possible it’s literally random? It’s not inconceivable that the system just uses a randomised selection.

That’s great that I am not alone. But when I hear of 1981’s getting vaccines it starts to get a bit frustrating.
    Did you contact the HSE?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Is it possible it’s literally random? It’s not inconceivable that the system just uses a randomised selection.

Don't think so - but what do I know. It seemed more like there were streams of say, 33% of the Cork cohort and each in turn (3 in that example) travelled from 49-45, one after the other - so it went 49, 48, 47, 46, 45, 49 48, 47, 46,45, 49, 48, 47, 46 and the last of the 45s (well except me obviously!).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

I presumed it was random once registered. My Dad got his vaccine a week before my Mother and she's a year older. Heard similar from friends but that's all Cork based.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

Did you contact the HSE?

Yes. I was told to be patient. If I get an offer of a vaccine in Waterford I will travel somewhere foreign for my vaccine.

Yes. I was told to be patient. If I get an offer of a vaccine in Waterford I will travel somewhere foreign for my vaccine.

Hopefully you will get word soon on it

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Because there may be others with similar conditions reading this thread and need clarification . My sister has rheumatoid arthritis and was absolutely assured by her Rheumatologist consultant that Pfizer was ok for her to get .

Yes this exactly...these kind of comments drive potentially unnecessary anxiety.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭daydorunrun

Sunnyspot wrote: »
    Yes this exactly...these kind of comments drive potentially unnecessary anxiety.

Just to be clear, I asked a question about J&J availability/rollout as it’s the vaccine I want and was asked why. I was not attempting to drive anxiety.

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.” Homer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Glen Erin

Got 1st dose Pfizer on 17th May in Helix. Anyone got appt for 2nd dose yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Mellon_Collie

Liam2021 wrote: »
    Waiting on vaccine in Navan what cohurt are they on. I'm in the 45-49 registered 2.5 weeks ago still no appointment

They're definitely behind in Navan compared to other MVCs but are making progress through the 45-49 group. My 48yr old friend and 47yr old partner were vaccinated there y'day. So you should get an appointment very soon, best of luck for it!

Btw the nurse vaccinating my partner said they'd had 300+ no shows on Sunday, which seems crazy high and is frustrating to hear when so many are eagerly awaiting appointments. She said they weren't sure if it was due to the bank hol or a technical glitch... Thankfully no vaccines were wasted...

JeffKenna wrote: »
    I presumed it was random once registered. My Dad got his vaccine a week before my Mother and she's a year older. Heard similar from friends but that's all Cork based.

It would make some degree of sense as you wouldn’t have to put so much administration effort into sorting people in queues and people will be continuing to register for a considerable while after the initial calls for their ages, and others (probably lots) registered before them too.

It would certainly make it fair and simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 scamper02

Has Croker stopped completely at this stage? I haven't seen a Croker appointment in here for a good few days. Have a 1974 Dublin 7 friend getting worried he's fallen between the cracks but I think its just Croker has ground to a halt?

Was there today...lots of 1974s (a late 1973 friend also there today) But know of a 71 and 72 getting it there tomorrow. 10 vaccination booths vs 50plus in Helix...

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭rsl1976

Nov2006 wrote: »
    Helix is doing 1977s tomorrow from D5 area and Thursday too. Few pals have gotten the nod.

I'm in D5, 1976, got done today. Few friends born 1977 getting done Friday

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

rsl1976 wrote: »
    I'm in D5, 1976, got done today. Few friends born 1977 getting done Friday
    When did your friends for 1977 register? Did they wait for their official day or just do it straight away do you know? It'd be a tad frustrating if people who didn't wait got to go ahead of those who did wait for the official time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

1977, registered on the Tuesday evening when it opened early for 40-45; text today for UCD on Friday, Pfizer. Happy out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Talisman

I'm in the high risk cohort and hadn't heard anything from the GP so I registered on May 22nd just after midnight thinking I'd be at the front of the queue. I received the appointment text message last Friday evening and got the first Pfizer dose at Croke Park on Tuesday evening.

From talking to people in the queue there didn't seem to be any logic to the timing. One woman received the text message three days after registering and was apologetic for "jumping the queue". The man in front of me had registered a few days before me and received his appointment for the time slot before mine.

The process itself was super efficient, getting through the queue took 25 minutes, 4 minutes after getting to the registration desk I had the jab in my arm. Knowing your PPS number or having it on hand speeds up the registration process, they also ask for it before they administer the vaccine.

They're definitely behind in Navan compared to other MVCs but are making progress through the 45-49 group. My 48yr old friend and 47yr old partner were vaccinated there y'day. So you should get an appointment very soon, best of luck for it!

Btw the nurse vaccinating my partner said they'd had 300+ no shows on Sunday, which seems crazy high and is frustrating to hear when so many are eagerly awaiting appointments. She said they weren't sure if it was due to the bank hol or a technical glitch... Thankfully no vaccines were wasted...

It's possibly due to some people getting called by GPs - seems to have been several on this thread and if you scale that up to the number of people booked at a MCV... it could easily be that number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭xboxdad

mac.in wrote: »
    Is it mandatory to take the phone with sim that is used for registering in vaccination portal, or is the screenshot of the appointment confirmation enough, to the vaccination centre?

For me, they made me say at least twice I had the phone on hand, but nobody every checked. It was my ID that was needed and my PPS number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

1st Dose
    Registered by Phone: 07-05-21
    Appointment Received:13-05-21
    Appointment Date:15-05-21
    Vaccine: Pfizer

2nd Dose
    Appointment Received:08-06-21
    Appointment Date:12-06-21
    Vaccine: Pfizer

So 4 weeks to the day between doses

Well I'm an idiot for thinking the HSE were actually about to help. I phoned twice in the last few days and was told to phone again today as my 21 day registration period would be up by then and they could "manually intervene" in my case when I called. I believe that was the phrase both (very helpful) phone agents used. I took that to mean they'd look at the various lists in Cork today (there are MRNA first doses being given out in both City Hall and PUC all this week it seems) and slot me in to one of them. God forbid. No, instead I've now been passed to the "escalation team". Be still my beating heart. So when will I hear from them? 5 to 7 days. And will they phone with an urgent appointment? Oh no sir, they will text you with an appointment for at least 3 days after. Aaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!! So in other words, I'm still waiting for a bloody text, just like I've been for 21 days and the only thing that has changed is that it sounds like I'm officially now unlikely to hear any more for a few days.

Is it too early in the day to have a stiff drink?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Top quark

Top quark wrote: »
    I am in south Kildare and was expecting portlaoise.
    Registered 19th May .
    Aged 49 .
    Appointment text today for UCD on thurs 10th
    Pfizer

Edit for update .
    Just received a text saying appointment is cancelled in UCD !!??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Age - 49
    Registered -11/5/21
    Appointment received - 8/6/21
    Appointment date - 10/6/21
    Location - UCD (Live in Laois)
    Vaccine - Pfizer.

But......Got a text in the last few minutes to say the appointment has been cancelled and they will be in touch over the coming weeks.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭M_Murphy57

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Age - 49
    Registered -11/5/21
    Appointment received - 8/6/21
    Appointment date - 10/6/21
    Location - UCD (Live in Laois)
    Vaccine - Pfizer.

But......Got a text in the last few minutes to say the appointment has been cancelled and they will be in touch over the coming weeks.:rolleyes:

Jesus , poor form on all fronts

Top quark wrote: »
    Edit for update .
    Just received a text saying appointment is cancelled in UCD !!??

Wtf lads. Two of ye, 49 and getting appointments cancelled. That's beyond head wrecking.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Wtf lads. Two of ye, 49 and getting appointments cancelled. That's beyond head wrecking.

There was literally 16 hours between appointment text and cancellation text.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Top quark

Grandeeod wrote: »
    There was literally 16 hours between appointment text and cancellation text.

Just checked Grandeeod. Same for me . 16 hours and 1 minute . Must be automated .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

is_that_so wrote: »
    Growing consensus = one person? Assuming AZ can deliver enough this month a lot of that group can be done and there will be few if any new AZ recipients. Over 60s were pencilled in for July originally, when apparently AZ have said they'll have loads.

Luke O'Neill, Kingston Mills - both public voices on these issues.

So what vaccine are you taking?? And if offered an AZ jab, would you take it??

Advertisement