Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

Top quark wrote: »
    Just checked Grandeeod. Same for me . 16 hours and 1 minute . Must be automated .

I would contact my Gp, explain the situation and ask to be put on their standby list
    You have been patient enough at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 5,911 ✭✭✭appledrop

km79 wrote: »
    I would contact my Gp, explain the situation and ask to be put on their standby list
    You have been patient enough at this stage

That's actually good advice you might get lucky with cancellation with GP.

Meanwhile I'd absolutely hound them in call centre. I'm sure if you on everyday they will find you a slot!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Toodles_27

Anyone getting the impression it’s all beginning to unravel?
    I’ll be first to admit, I had serious doubts about the capability of the HSE to roll out the vaccination programme but was happy to be proven wrong and they were motoring along nicely.
    However in last couple of weeks - long delays, people from Waterford being sent to Kerry, people from Louth, Dublin, Galway, Limerick getting apps in Waterford, and now cancelled appointments…..doesn’t instill confidence at the minute, does it?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭rks

Well I'm an idiot for thinking the HSE were actually about to help. I phoned twice in the last few days and was told to phone again today as my 21 day registration period would be up by then and they could "manually intervene" in my case when I called. I believe that was the phrase both (very helpful) phone agents used. I took that to mean they'd look at the various lists in Cork today (there are MRNA first doses being given out in both City Hall and PUC all this week it seems) and slot me in to one of them. God forbid. No, instead I've now been passed to the "escalation team". Be still my beating heart. So when will I hear from them? 5 to 7 days. And will they phone with an urgent appointment? Oh no sir, they will text you with an appointment for at least 3 days after. Aaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!! So in other words, I'm still waiting for a bloody text, just like I've been for 21 days and the only thing that has changed is that it sounds like I'm officially now unlikely to hear any more for a few days.

Is it too early in the day to have a stiff drink?

I have a high priority case with a case number for reference and still nothing. This was their reply when I asked about the update - "Our appointment team are looking into this for you at the moment and an appointment will be issued soon."

Just wondering what a high priority case even mean for them? Someone should look at it in hours not days. First they kept saying that you should get an appointment within 3 weeks. Over 3 weeks now. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Toodles_27 wrote: »
    Anyone getting the impression it’s all beginning to unravel?
    I’ll be first to admit, I had serious doubts about the capability of the HSE to roll out the vaccination programme but was happy to be proven wrong and they were motoring along nicely.
    However in last couple of weeks - long delays, people from Waterford being sent to Kerry, people from Louth, Dublin, Galway, Limerick getting apps in Waterford, and now cancelled appointments…..doesn’t instill confidence at the minute, does it?

Ah it’s a few glitches, 3 million jabs in arms there’s always going to be a few logistical mistakes. Some people are over the moon to have something to give out about. Even had claims of favouritism for south side Dubs over North side ones. It’s all just noise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

• Registered Users Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

salmocab wrote: »
    Ah it’s a few glitches, 3 million jabs in arms there’s always going to be a few logistical mistakes. Some people are over the moon to have something to give out about. Even had claims of favouritism for south side Dubs over North side ones. It’s all just noise.

Well it's not nice being a logistical mistake especially when I know lots a few years younger than me that have received the first jab in a local centre. I didn't mind travelling to UCD, but this does feel very disheartening.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

appledrop wrote: »
    That's actually good advice you might get lucky with cancellation with GP.

Meanwhile I'd absolutely hound them in call centre. I'm sure if you on everyday they will find you a slot!

GPs are firing them out too

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Well it's not nice being a logistical mistake especially when I know lots a few years younger than me that have received the first jab in a local centre. I didn't mind travelling to UCD, but this does feel very disheartening.

No it’s not but the poster was suggesting that the whole thing is falling apart which it isn’t. The system was only built and handling hundreds of thousands of registrations its doing quite well but of course there are glitches and anomalies.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,072 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Grandeeod wrote: »

The problem is mostly one of unrealistic expectations being set, which comes from an original plan that was completely out of step with the ability of our fragmented health services to deliver.

The HSE had at least six months to prepare a simple system of data collection or GP referral that could have supported a more precise rollout in the MVCs and from what I can tell they did nothing.

In the absence of that they could have just gone with age groups, and there would have been some moaning but not massive disappointment.

• Advertisement

No it’s not but the poster was suggesting that the whole thing is falling apart which it isn’t. The system was only built and handling hundreds of thousands of registrations its doing quite well but of course there are glitches and anomalies.

I never said it was falling apart. I said it seemed to be unravelling. Of course there are going to be glitches - they are dealing with huge numbers of people and now have the added complication of administering second doses. They’ve done really well, as I’ve stated. But when you get people from all over the country being sent to Waterford for 1st vacc and being told (by HSE) that if they cancel and try to reschedule, their rescheduled appt will still likely be for Waterford….that’s not a mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Lumen wrote: »
    The problem is mostly one of unrealistic expectations being set, which comes from an original plan that was completely out of step with the ability of our fragmented health services to deliver.

The HSE had at least six months to prepare a simple system of data collection or GP referral that could have supported a more precise rollout in the MVCs and from what I can tell they did nothing.

In the absence of that they could have just gone with age groups, and there would have been some moaning but not massive disappointment.

:confused: Are they not operating off age groups now?

I never said it was falling apart. I said it seemed to be unravelling. Of course there are going to be glitches - they are dealing with huge numbers of people and now have the added complication of administering second doses. They’ve done really well, as I’ve stated. But when you get people from all over the country being sent to Waterford for 1st vacc and being told (by HSE) that if they cancel and try to reschedule, their rescheduled appt will still likely be for Waterford….that’s not a mistake.

I would say that’s definitely a mistake

I would say that’s definitely a mistake

Have a look at the HSELive Twitter feed

Have a look at the HSELive Twitter feed

No I fully get it’s happening but I’m sure it’s a mistake someone or something made.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Lumpy.Monkey

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Go to the security and explain your problem . There are chairs up front for anyone who cannot queue for health reasons

That's refreshing to hear they have those facilities.
    Unfortunately not the same at the Aviva. Each security person just told me to join the next queue when I asked for assistance. Eventually I was pulled of of the third queue having a panic attack. There were two chairs I saw in total.

I must say that the staff inside were superb & really helped me, just the security outside caused my problem.

Now HSE say to just ask security for assistance when I get another appointment. Can't help thinking they read from a script.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ClosedAccountFuzzy

There have been hundreds of thousands of appointments processed by this system without fuss. In anything on this scale you’ll get the odd glitch, but I’m not seeing very many.

Most people seem to be getting appointments within a few days of being texted and most people also seem to be getting appointments in a reasonable time frame.

Also from a technical point of view, it was easy to use. It’s entirely mobile browser friendly and it’s using very solid multi factor authentication to log in, including a text alert that seems to work every bit as fast as logging into Gmail or similarly well put together online services.

The reports from the MVCs are also by and large that they’re friendly and efficient, bar a few incidents of queuing which seem to be very much the exception and could be down to a glitch, which can happen to pretty much any service.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭vandriver

53 Getting my second Pfizer on Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

:confused: Are they not operating off age groups now?

No they are not. This is a massive mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

I get that for a massive roll out the system has to be largely automated - but the sweep up system they have for those of us who fall through the cracks is unacceptable. If you get to 21 days without an appointment you are allowed to be escalated. But that turns out to be simply given to a different team who will text you your appointment - but they admit that appointment may not be for another 10 days. Why in gods name, on the 21st day, can't they simply manually add you to that day's list in your nearest MVC? I have 2 MVCs doing 1st dose MRNA vaccines today (to people born 4 and 5 years after me) within 4km of my front door, why can't they simply add me to the list in one of those centres now? We hear there are many no shows each day. I can be at either of those MVCs with 15 mins notice so how can they not accommodate me? There is no justification for the sweep up system being so poor and so further stressful...The last thing you need to be told after waiting for a text for 21 days is that you should stand by for a text in 5 to 7 days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

I don't think it is a mess for 95+% of people. They are all very happy. As for the rest of us, its a nightmare.....

It's hardly a massive mess. The vast majority of people are having absolutely no issue.

21 days does seem too long. The risk there is if you’re not catching issues quickly they’ll become long or you’ll get people just not bothering to follow up.

I’m aware of one case of a person who’s just shy of 70 and somehow couldn’t register online and is now just gone into “ah sure I’ll leave it” mode and seems hard to convince to get vaccinated at all.

From what I gather he either put in an invalid PPSN or didn’t see the sms (more likely).

I tried to help out but got nowhere with him. He won’t contact his gp either, yet should be in one of the high risk cohorts due to multiple cardiac problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

So you've moved on from discrimination?

21 days does seem too long. The risk there is if you’re not catching issues quickly they’ll become long or you’ll get people just not bothering to follow up.

I’m aware of one case of a person who’s just shy of 70 and somehow couldn’t register online and is now just gone into “ah sure I’ll leave it” mode and seems hard to convince to get vaccinated at all.

From what I gather he either put in an invalid PPSN or didn’t see the sms (more likely).

Sounds like someone that had no interest in getting the vaccine to start with. There's two people in my workplace who are in their forties who haven't applied and say they're still thinking about it. I know neither of them have any intention of getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Registered 24/5 (46 years young

Received appointment at 7pm last night for the 8th of June in Waterford
    I live with my family in Dublin!!!

Received cancellation this morning just before I planned to call them.
    Called a short time ago but really got no reassurance from the person I was speaking to.

Has anybody had cancellations rescheduled?

Sounds like someone that had no interest in getting the vaccine to start with. There's two people in my workplace who are in their forties who haven't applied and say they're still thinking about it. I know neither of them have any intention of getting it.

They might yet though. You get that in every type of human engagement with stuff like this.

Enthusiastic early sign ups, the main stream and then the abundantly cautious and … finally the laggards who eventually go with it, but only after everyone else has.

I’m assuming single shot J&J might be used to “sweep up” over the next few months via the pharmacy route with very little admin involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Lumpy.Monkey

Well I'm an idiot for thinking the HSE were actually about to help. I phoned twice in the last few days and was told to phone again today as my 21 day registration period would be up by then and they could "manually intervene" in my case when I called. I believe that was the phrase both (very helpful) phone agents used. I took that to mean they'd look at the various lists in Cork today (there are MRNA first doses being given out in both City Hall and PUC all this week it seems) and slot me in to one of them. God forbid. No, instead I've now been passed to the "escalation team". Be still my beating heart. So when will I hear from them? 5 to 7 days. And will they phone with an urgent appointment? Oh no sir, they will text you with an appointment for at least 3 days after. Aaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!! So in other words, I'm still waiting for a bloody text, just like I've been for 21 days and the only thing that has changed is that it sounds like I'm officially now unlikely to hear any more for a few days.

Is it too early in the day to have a stiff drink?

I don't think the "escalation team" actually exist. Just a scripted way to hang up & meet their call targets.
    Has anyone ever heard back from them or any success following an escalation?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Rebelexpat

Text: 8/6/21
    Appointment: 10/6/21
    Vaccine: Pfizer
    MVC: Punchestown

It's moving in Punchestown! Good luck every one, we'll get there!

• Advertisement

They might yet though. You get that in every type of human engagement with stuff like this.

Enthusiastic early sign ups, the main stream and then the abundantly cautious and … finally the laggards who eventually go with it, but only after everyone else has.

I’m assuming single shot J&J might be used to “sweep up” over the next few months via the pharmacy route with very little admin involved.

One of them might if she's forced to get one for foreign holidays but the other one has a husband that's into right wing youtube videos about climate change denial and gives out about how scientists don't know anything so I wouldn't hold out hope on that end.

Advertisement