Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,911 ✭✭✭appledrop

They are not flying through the 40s in North Dublin or Kildare/ Laois as clearly shown on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭chicorytip

I have just been notified of the date and time, Monday next, for my second jab (Moderna) but in Nenagh Co. Tipperary. I live in Limerick City and attended the Radisson Hotel there for my first injection. Could this be a clerical error or do they allocate appointments like this for the same geographic area or health board district?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭purplestar77

Text: 7th June
    App: 9th June
    MVC: Citywest
    Pfizer

Appt was for 18.20, turned off N7 at 17.55 and took about 25 mins to actually get into CW & get parked. 90 mins of moving/walking/queuing. Finally got the shot in my arm at 19.55, was only delighted to get to sit down at last ðŸ˜

And very importantly I got my badge ! Great experience except for the queuing.

Incidentally, my other half born 2 years before me is scheduled for Friday in Citywest. Don’t know how they skipped ahead in the age group ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭db

Got my appointment for second shot of Moderna earlier for next Sunday. I think it is bang on 4 weeks since the first shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Been registered since February 18th - frontline worker. Texted May 1st asking to reply yes if still awaiting first dose. My work finally pulled the finger out and got us an appointment today. Got Pfizer. I'm 34 in Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Danzy wrote: »
    They are flying through the early 40s. They still have to plan for next batch.
    In Cork City they seem to be and some other parts of the country. Overall though, especially when you include chunks of Dublin, that's not the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭JPup

appledrop wrote: »
    Can't understand why the are opening portal next week for people in 30s when most people in 45-49 are still not done, never mind 40-45 year olds.

It's just a publicity stunt.

It is a bit to be fair. Although I’d say it’s more about trying to keep morale up than a publicly stunt. Don’t want the message getting out that the programme is behind plan which it is a bit due to J&J mostly.

30 somethings will start registering next week and a small percentage will likely get done the week after I’d say. By then, all but a very unlucky few in the 45+ category will have been done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭gipi

chicorytip wrote: »
    I have just been notified of the date and time, Monday next, for my second jab (Moderna) but in Nenagh Co. Tipperary. I live in Limerick City and attended the Radisson Hotel there for my first injection. Could this be a clerical error or do they allocate appointments like this for the same geographic area or health board district?

Could it have been changed because the hotel is now open? My brother, living in Mayo, got his first jab in a hotel in Roscommon. The vaccinator mentioned that they would be moving from the hotel when it reopened for guests.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Talisman

is_that_so wrote: »
    Hmm, poster has absolutely no idea how the system is set up but still explains it anyway. Far more likely to be a glitch as we would have heard a lot more of this before now.
    Or perhaps said poster has enough experience of IT projects and dealing with the public sector to know where the pitfalls are when a large scale project is hacked together in a short time frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

Got Pfizer yesterday exactly one week after registering. At lower end of cohort. Kilkenny flying through them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

They are not flying through the 40s in North Dublin or Kildare/ Laois as clearly shown on this thread.

Meath would appear to be lagging behind. There's a new vaccination centre opening this weekend in Fairyhouse. Bizarrely, this will bring the number of vacinnation bays in Meath up to 30 from 10!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Ll31

I had my first pfizer vaccine on Sat 15th May. Have no appointment for second yet which should be this Sat 12th June if 4 weeks is correct. Have logged onto vaccine hub to see no appointment scheduled yet.

Did other people get second dose 4 weeks later?

Got 2nd dose 4 weeks to day from first. Text arrived 3 days before appt.aube chk portal anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

ixoy wrote: »
    In Cork City they seem to be and some other parts of the country. Overall though, especially when you include chunks of Dublin, that's not the case.

I know people in their forties in Cork who are still waiting for an appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

So got my first shot earlier in week ( arm still tender) moderna. I will be away when due the second shot . When I reply “ NEW “ to appointment date how soon would you normally be given a new slot .
    I would prefer to get it following week which would make it 5 weeks between shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

harr wrote: »
    So got my first shot earlier in week ( arm still tender) moderna. I will be away when due the second shot . When I reply “ NEW “ to appointment date how soon would you normally be given a new slot .
    I would prefer to get it following week which would make it 5 weeks between shots.
    It can be up to 6 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Saturday June 12

Punchestown

Naas
    pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭omega man

44. Registered 01 June (Louth).
    Pfizer scheduled for 15 June Dundalk per website (no text yet).

Do you have to complete the online medical questions or is consent enough to confirm?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,399 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Second dose recieved about 15 minutes ago in Croker....

Heart in mouth moment when the guy checking in couldnt find my name on the list for about 30 seconds but once i was in it was easy peasy again... Q was about 10 minutes from arriving at the stadium to sitting down with the person vaccinating...

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Pat_bottom

Strumms wrote: »
    Second dose recieved about 15 minutes ago in Croker....

Heart in mouth moment when the guy checking in couldnt find my name on the list for about 30 seconds but once i was in it was easy peasy again... Q was about 10 minutes from arriving at the stadium to sitting down with the person vaccinating...

Not looking good for my cancelled appointment later if they look for names on the list :/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,460 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

39 second dose now.
    Delighted.

• Advertisement

omega man wrote: »
    44. Registered 01 June (Louth).
    Pfizer scheduled for 15 June Dundalk per website (no text yet).

Do you have to complete the online medical questions or is consent enough to confirm?

No don't do it online mate they cancelled mine when I did that. Just turn up on day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭omega man

Pat_bottom wrote: »
    No don't do it online mate they cancelled mine when I did that. Just turn up on day.

I heard that from someone else but wasn’t sure if true or not. Thanks, I’ll skip it so!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Can't understand why the are opening portal next week for people in 30s when most people in 45-49 are still not done, never mind 40-45 year olds.

It's just a publicity stunt.

No different to how its been worked so far for all age groups.

The portal opening for those in their 30's simply means you'll be able to register. Once registered the time given for registration to appointment is given as being within three weeks. Most get appointments well within that timeframe.

40-45yr olds should be completed before that.

omega man wrote: »
    I heard that from someone else but wasn’t sure if true or not. Thanks, I’ll skip it so!

Yeah it's definitely true. I thought I clicked something wrong but turns out that no matter what you click it could get cancelled so just leave it.

I'm turning up this evening with my text and gonna play dumb and deny everything.

40. Registered on Sunday. Phoned this morning to ask if I would be able to come in, first shot done.
    North Wicklow area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭mollser

Yeah it's definitely true. I thought I clicked something wrong but turns out that no matter what you click it could get cancelled so just leave it.

I'm turning up this evening with my text and gonna play dumb and deny everything.

Following this with great interest, I'm due tomorrow with the exact same circumstances - I'm hoping all goes well this evening... please do report back!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

I did mine online and it was grand.
    I dont know why i bothered though because they asked me the same questions again in person.

mollser wrote: »
    Following this with great interest, I'm due tomorrow with the exact same circumstances - I'm hoping all goes well this evening... please do report back!

Yeah I will indeed. I was confident until I seen Strumms saying they couldn't find his name on checklist.

I'm just gonna show my text and of it's cancelled I'll say I got nothing and have driven 40 mile.

JimmyVik wrote: »
    I did mine online and it was grand.
    I dont know why i bothered though because they asked me the same questions again in person.

I'm sure it is fine for most but I'd not risk been the minority it glitches for when as you say they ask the questions again anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Lol.
    You are looking hard to find the black cloud.

Advertisement