Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭mollser

Pat_bottom wrote: »
    Yeah I will indeed. I was confident until I seen Strumms saying they couldn't find his name on checklist.

my stomach sank a bit when I read that too lol

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

Danzy wrote: »
    Lol.
    You are looking hard to find the black cloud.

Clouds with sunny spells is all we got without any hard data on progress through age groups, though average age in NDub and Kildare anecdotally seems to be 45ish. By the time they get the Covid19 data hub going again, we'll be on Simon Harris' C20 and C21...

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭OrlaFS2017

Anyone had more than 4 weeks between Pfizer doses with a GP? My 2nd dose is due the one week I’ll be out of the county for the whole year?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭mugwumpjism

Anyone in the Dublin 3 area have delays in getting an appointment? Have mates waiting more than 3 weeks and all the friends of me Mrs have got appointments but not a peep in D3 . Have other mates on the northside (D5) that got appointments quick enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Clouds with sunny spells is all we got without any hard data on progress through age groups, though average age in NDub and Kildare anecdotally seems to be 45ish. By the time they get the Covid19 data hub going again, we'll be on Simon Harris' C20 and C21...

Everyone I know over 43, across the country, has been vaccinated, they are absolutely flying through the age groups now.

Doesn't all are getting it at once.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 bob_sponge

I'm in Dublin 3. Female, age 48, registered on 20.05, received appointment on 03.06, vaccine (Pfizer) received yesterday, 09.06, in Croke Park.

I'm the last of my friend group to be vaccinated, definitely slower around here than in other catchment areas in Dublin.

My husband's (52) appointment was a little beyond the 3 weeks too, he had to call to chase it up. On his 3rd call he was told there was an issue with his address and escalated it, he got his appointment notification the next day. Strange one though as we obviously have the same Eircode/address and there was no issue with mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Pat_bottom

mollser wrote: »
    my stomach sank a bit when I read that too lol

Ahh sure can only try the worst that can happen is they send me home.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Anyone in the Dublin 3 area have delays in getting an appointment? Have mates waiting more than 3 weeks and all the friends of me Mrs have got appointments but not a peep in D3 . Have other mates on the northside (D5) that got appointments quick enough.

I'm D5 but a few hundred metres from D3 so wonder which bucket I'll end up with.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭mugwumpjism

Thanks for that, my mate has escalated it twice now and still no appointment for him or his wife, was thinking of ringing up just to check they have the address for my Mrs right, but as you say you are at the same address as your husband with no issues. Are you linked to the nearest centre ( e.g croke park) or can you also get Helix and AVIVA I wonder, all my mates from D5 went to the Aviva I think

• Registered Users Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭positron

positron wrote: »
    Appointment received: 8th June (text)
    Appointment date: 11th June
    Brand: Pfizer
    Venue: Fairways, Dundalk

Mrs. P who is a day younger, has not received an invite yet.

Mrs P, 45 (1976), Drogheda.
    Appointment received: 10th June (text)
    Appointment date: 14th June
    Brand: Pfizer
    Venue: DIFE, Drogheda

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,561 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

male
    registered 2nd june
    text 6th june
    appointment/microsoft tracker 10th june Mallow
    Edit: Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭deckie66

Anyone else in 50s due second Pfizer this week or next and not received notification?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

omega man wrote: »
    I heard that from someone else but wasn’t sure if true or not. Thanks, I’ll skip it so!

I gave consent online too and it cancelled me and I'm still waiting for a new appointment. Very frustrating.

Car99 wrote: »
    I gave consent online too and it cancelled me and I'm still waiting for a new appointment. Very frustrating.

How long are you waiting?

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭freida

Car99 wrote: »

If you have the text just head on up. They only chk the text. Others have done similar and been vaccinated. Seems to be a glitch

freida wrote: »
    If you have the text just head on up. They only chk the text. Others have done similar and been vaccinated. Seems to be a glitch

I didnt know that and I rang the HSE within 5 mins of being inadvertently cancelled by the portal and they said just wait for another appointment so I did , more fool me . I'm still waiting and my original appointment was for the 2nd of june which they told me I missed when I rang them yesterday to see what the story was. Very very frustrating.

Pat_bottom wrote: »
    How long are you waiting?

Since 31st May I rang them to say I got cancelled by the portal now I'm back to awaiting appointment on the portal for the last 10 days. My wife age 42 registered last Wednesday and is getting vaccinated tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Daithi07

I rocked up to limerick yesterday. I'm registered a week (43) no appointment yet. I told them that I'm on holidays in donegal from this weekend for 2 weeks and instead of cancelling, could they fit me in as hse tweeted that there are too many not showing up and not cancelling.... No Joy. I was ran out of it... Nothing ventured nothing gained. I'll have to cancel now. Silly really.

freida wrote: »

I haven't seen anyone in here that have done it? But saying that I've only started following this thread on last couple of days. I seem to be first one heading in later.

My appointment is for 17:40 so will update then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Day 23 and finally got the text (first morning I didn't look at the portal ironically)

DOB - 1976
    Location - Cork City Hall
    Date - Wednesday 16 June (6 more days)
    Flavour - Pfizer
    Mood - Worn out but relieved. I'm afraid the elated ship sailed about 10 days ago...

In fairness I can confirm the existence of the escalation team. I got a call from HSE live about 60 seconds after receiving the text to see if I had. Did have a brief discussion. He is on that team. He was the 4th HSE person I spoke to, 3 of them very helpful the other less so but still fine. I asked if there was any way of going sooner given there are MVCs doing Pfizer with a few km of me today and tomorrow but he said no. Fair enough (but still not sure why they can't slot one person in). So 6 more days it is, but I will take it at this stage. Awfully stressful few weeks, my heart goes out to those older than me still waiting. Horrible feeling of helplessness.

Hopefully this whole spell in our lives will be but a mad memory this time next year.

• Advertisement

Day 23 and finally got the text (first morning I didn't look at the portal ironically)

DOB - 1976
    Flavour - Pfizer
    Mood - Worn out but relieved. I'm afraid the elated ship sailed about 10 days ago...

In fairness I can confirm the existence of the escalation team. I got a call from HSE live about 60 seconds after receiving the text to see if I had. Did have a brief discussion. He is on that team. He was the 4th HSE person I spoke to, 3 of them very helpful the other less so but still fine. I asked if there was any way of going sooner given there are MVCs doing Pfizer with a few km of me today and tomorrow but he said no. Fair enough (but still not sure why they can't slot one person in). So 6 more days it is, but I will take it at this stage. Awfully stressful few weeks, my heart goes out to those older than me still waiting. Horrible feeling of helplessness.

Hopefully this whole spell in our lives will be but a mad memory this time next year.

Clearest evidence yet that rejecting the 1st appointment puts one 21 days behind/ignored
    Longer or maybe forever if not chased

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Clearest evidence yet that rejecting the 1st appointment puts one 21 days behind/ignored

It doesn't say anywhere in that post that he rejected the first appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ClosedAccountFuzzy

revelman wrote: »
    I know people in their forties in Cork who are still waiting for an appointment.

I know several who are still waiting in Cork City.

1977, 1979 and 1980.

I’m not sure why there’s this impression Cork sites are particularly fast. They certainly don’t seem to be from that I’m seeing.

I’m wondering if it’s different parts of the city being called sooner? There are examples of people registering and getting appointments within very short times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Just to clarify I did not reject any appointment - Jesus I'd have walked barefoot over glass to get one for the last 23 days.....

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Munsterbhoy

Vac : AZ
    Tomorrow Fri 11th at the limerick racecourse
    Getting my 2nd jab
    1st jab was 13 weeks ago.
    Notified on Tues 8th.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,670 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

deckie66 wrote: »
    Anyone else in 50s due second Pfizer this week or next and not received notification?
    Yes, my mother is due the second dose this coming Tuesday. No information yet, we're in Cork City.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭positron

DOB - 1976
    Flavour - Pfizer

I know THREE other 1976-born who got first jab invites today. None of them called HSE or anything, they were just waiting. I didn't either and while I got my invite two days ago (to travel 35k to Dundalk and back), they all got appointments in town (Drogheda). Now I am slightly bummed out that I have to travel.. but oh well, small price to pay for the huge gain etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

There's plenty of people in Dublin travelling that distance, beyond their nearest centre, for their vaccinations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

Excuse my ignorance, but how do you check your vaccine registration progress once registered?

I've looked at about ten pages here and googled it but can't find any way to check.

Thanks, and apologies, it's probably staring me in the face.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,670 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

JCDUB wrote: »
    Excuse my ignorance, but how do you check your vaccine registration progress once registered?

I've looked at about ten pages here and googled it but can't find any way to check.

Thanks, and apologies, it's probably staring me in the face.
    Click 'already have an account' at the bottom of the page https://vaccine3.hse.ie/s/login/SelfRegister

Advertisement