Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid leave

Options
  • 10-05-2021 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone can advise.
    Refered for covid test last Thursday and it came back negative sat night however I still have symptoms and did not go to school today and will not go tomorrow.
    Am I right in thinking, from reading ALL the documents online that I cannot go back to work until 48 hours free from symptoms and I am covered by covid leave for this not regular sick leave?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭lulublue22

WWMRD wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone can advise.
    Refered for covid test last Thursday and it came back negative sat night however I still have symptoms and did not go to school today and will not go tomorrow.
    Am I right in thinking, from reading ALL the documents online that I cannot go back to work until 48 hours free from symptoms and I am covered by covid leave for this not regular sick leave?

My understanding is that once you have a negative test you revert to sick leave if you continue to be symptomatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭noplacehere

lulublue22 wrote: »
    My understanding is that once you have a negative test you revert to sick leave if you continue to be symptomatic.

Yup same understanding too. It’s not covid so it’s normal sick leave now

Advertisement