Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question for those with 4K TVs, what are you feeding them with?

Options
  • 10-05-2021 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 33,642 ✭✭✭✭

I have a good chance to pick up a Samsung 4K TV at a very good price, but I'm worried about buying it as I feel I might end up disappointed.

I know 4K Tvs have been selling like crazy for the last few years, but my TV watching is from Saorview, Freesat and Netflix HD.

There is no 4K native source, so it will all be upscaled content I end up watching.
    My broadband connection isn't enough to allow me to upgrade to Netflix 4K either I think.

I feel a lot of those who have 4K TVs at home are feeding them with similar sources as me, and not getting the best out of their equipment.

So should I just stick with my Sony Android 1080p TV for now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,966 ✭✭✭circadian

Unless you've got a console/pc for gaming then it's probably worth waiting until a time when you can get 4k Netflix/Amazon/Disney or whatever.

For me it's all streaming services, a HTPC and a console but I have the bandwidth unlike those in the far reaches of Donegal.

Advertisement