Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MVC Louth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭gipi

That is so frustrating, given that lots of people are waiting for an appointment. I've been registered for 22 days and counting, still waiting for a date (age 60). Meanwhile, some parts of the country are vaccinating 51 year olds in the MVCs.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭quodec

gipi wrote: »
    That is so frustrating, given that lots of people are waiting for an appointment. I've been registered for 22 days and counting, still waiting for a date (age 60). Meanwhile, some parts of the country are vaccinating 51 year olds in the MVCs.

Same here Gipi. Aged 60, registered for 3 weeks now and still no call up. It seems a bit self-defeating to have to ring up and enquire especially when you hear of people getting it and they younger. Are the HSE teams losing control?

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Boxcar_Willie

Might be worthwhile opening up a stand-by queue on the day to prevent vaccines getting wasted.

People on the "have you had a vaccine" thread have reported that they didn't get an appointment text, and only found out about the appointment by logging into their account. Maybe this explains some of the no shows?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,709 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

There seems to be some hold up with those aged 60. I know 4 who are 60 and all waiting since the first day of registration. They are doing those in their 50s with Pfizer so maybe they're waiting on AZ supplies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭quodec

22 days and counting!!! Its mad that you'll now have to check your account daily as well as keeping an eye on your text. God help anyone not too tech savvy!!!!

I hear that healthcare workers were getting their 2nd jabs in DIFE this morning - perhaps that explains the delay for the general public.

I hear that healthcare workers were getting their 2nd jabs in DIFE this morning - perhaps that explains the delay for the general public.
    Heatlthcare workers & vulnerable have 2 days a week.
    They work through the age groups on the other days.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/vaccination-appointments-error-an-issue-at-drogheda-centre-1.4570946

Explanation for the large number of no shows in Drogheda - people had already been vaccinated!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭PGE1970

I got a text today to tell me (51 years old) to go to the Helix (DCU) next week for the J&J vaccine.

Happy days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭PGE1970

Half of Drogheda up in The Helix yesterday!

Apart from the travel issue (which doesn't bother me), it is a very slick set up.

Enter DCU at Main Entrance from Collins Avenue. Turn right at the roundabout just inside the entrance. You will be guided to the (free) carpark on the right.

Out of the car. A two minute walk. Queue up. Show text message of appointment.

Guided into the Helix where staff at the ticket desk will register you. Queue up for a medical attendant.

A few Qs and then your vaccine. One shot J&J vaccine. Lovely!!

I didn't even notice the injection and no side effects after or today.

In/out in 20 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭kingofburt

Any updates on the age group being vaccinated from Drogheda at the minute?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

kingofburt wrote: »

I know a few 45-49's being done in DIFE this Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭kingofburt

Thanks for the info. I registered on Sunday and friends the same age (40) in Kerry have already been vaccinated and Donegal will be vaccinated this weekend. Just wanted to see if I was alone in missing out!!

kingofburt wrote: »

I know some sub 45's done in a local GP.. Still waiting on my appointment :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

I registered Wednesday 2nd June,over 40's age group,Drogheda based, received my text yesterday 10th June, getting first Pfizer jab next Wednesday in Dundalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Are they still vaccinating in dife?

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mr. Muddle

whelan2 wrote: »

Yes I got my 2nd AZ last week, I'm a health care worker, some people I work with are still waiting to be called they are at 16+ weeks now so should get a call this week. They want to reduce the wait to 8 weeks between AZ jabs but it will take a little time to manage this.

I was talking to someone who worked in DIFE yesterday they were administering Pfizer to the over 45's and will be doing the same on Monday.

DIFE is a small centre so that's why people are still being sent to larger centres just to get through everyone as quickly as possible.

I think the plan is to open DIFE on weekends but this may not happen until July, they were only open yesterday to catch up because they weren't open on Monday because if the bank holiday.

I hope the longer opening in July will help get the 16 to 30 age group done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

Scotty # wrote: »
    I know a few 45-49's being done in DIFE this Saturday.

43 year olds in bettystown are in Dundalk for jab tomorrow.

3 that I know of

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

I had my first jab this morning in Dundalk, very efficient from start to finish, staff great, very friendly and helpful.
    I arrived 20 minutes early for my appointment, straight in the door and injection done in no time, 15 minutes sit down before leaving, out the door and home.

Roll on number 2 jab !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,356 ✭✭✭positron

whelan2 wrote: »

I know a couple of people who got their first shot at Dife earlier this week. They are not health workers.

Getting mine in Dundalk at the weekend 40 y/o.

@Positron did you have any problems locking or securing your bike up there?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,356 ✭✭✭positron

@Enfilade, not a bother, I didn't even lock the bike. The guy at the entrance was super nice and he himself suggested that I leave the bike inside in a closed-in walled garden courtyard type area past him. He made a mental note of the make as well, just to be sure. You exit the vaccination center thru a different entrance 10 meters away, but come back here to collect the bike. Enjoy the ride!!

Cheers for that !!!!

Daughter got an appointment for Boots in Drogheda in 2 weeks.
    Very simple online registration .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Getting mine in Dundalk at the weekend 40 y/o.

@Positron did you have any problems locking or securing your bike up there?

There's bike stands in the complex down the lane between Costa and the chemist, just a 2 minute walk then around the hotel then to get to the MVC.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Daughter got an appointment for Boots in Drogheda in 2 weeks.
    Very simple online registration .

I’m presuming there’s still age limits, yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I’m presuming there’s still age limits, yeah?

https://www.boots.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/health/covid-19/covid-vaccination

50 plus according to website

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Excuse me for being ignorant for a minute(i honestly don't know) - why are the likes of Boots and other pharmacies involved in this now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Excuse me for being ignorant for a minute(i honestly don't know) - why are the likes of Boots and other pharmacies involved in this now?

Mopping up those in the earlier cohorts who for whatever reason were missed. I think.

I saw Kate O'Connell on one of the Tonight shows talking about it.

Advertisement