Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MVC Louth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Boxcar_Willie

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I’m presuming there’s still age limits, yeah?

Just click on your age group and you will be offered a slot accordingly.
    I know some 18 - 24 year olds who secured appointments for July .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,645 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

Just click on your age group and you will be offered a slot accordingly.
    I know some 18 - 24 year olds who secured appointments for July .

Says all over the site they are only taking bookings for 50+

Am I missing a page?

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Boxcar_Willie

Apparently if you proceed from there it brings you to a page to select your age group .

https://www.boots.ie/live-floating--1/covid-pre-consultation-form

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I’m going through the Boots thing out of curiosity.

Pretty much the first question it asks you is what age range and category you fall into. So, I can choose the 34 year old bracket, openly admitting I’m not in a priority category. The system seems set up for that choice at that point.

At the end, it does ask you to tick a box, which says you fall into a current priority category. So, I’ll be honest and say I’d feel a little guilty proceeding and finalising, in case I’d be taking the slot from someone more in need.

Really straight forward today and very busy at the Fairways. I reckon it was less than 10 minutes between getting my phone and ID checked at the gate to getting a needle in my arm. Really efficient system in there.

I had little faith of seeing a vaccine before the Autumn when they first announced the rollout then delays with supplies but I'll eat my hat gladly on that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭kingofburt

I'm losing faith in this automated vaccine system. Registered on the 6th, the day it opened to 40 y/o. Still waiting on an appointment and hearing that people aged 39 and 38 in Drogheda are being called.

Would love to know how the roll out system is working, the HSE Live number don't provide any info apart from "wait 3 weeks and a couple of days and then call us"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

They're getting through people which is the important thing but it can hard to understand the logic at times.

I'm less than 1km from the Fairways centre and registered at pretty much the same time as a neighbour who is a year younger than me and she was called to go to Navan and I'm still waiting on my appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭event

I live in Dundalk. There is a Vax centre 5k away in Dundalk. Instead being sent 36k to drogheda.
    Mate lives in Dunleer. Closer to Drogheda than he is to Dundalk. He is being sent to Dundalk.

Both same age, both on Saturday

kingofburt wrote: »
    I'm losing faith in this automated vaccine system. Registered on the 6th, the day it opened to 40 y/o. Still waiting on an appointment and hearing that people aged 39 and 38 in Drogheda are being called.

Would love to know how the roll out system is working, the HSE Live number don't provide any info apart from "wait 3 weeks and a couple of days and then call us"

Yeah 39, East Meath called for DIFE on Saturday.

You ring them?

37, near Dundalk and scheduled for Dundalk on Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Got a call to DIFE for my second shot on Monday. Had the First in Dundalk and it was very slick. Any reports on delays or otherwise at DIFE.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭gipi

2nd vaccine appointment for next Tuesday in the Fairways (same location as first jab).
    It's been a long 10 weeks since I registered, but glad to be almost there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Anyone in the 36 bracket been called yet? Registered two weeks now and haven't heard anything :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭PGE1970

event wrote: »
    I live in Dundalk. There is a Vax centre 5k away in Dundalk. Instead being sent 36k to drogheda.
    Mate lives in Dunleer. Closer to Drogheda than he is to Dundalk. He is being sent to Dundalk.

I'm from Drogheda and had mine in Dublin.

I'd have gone to West Cork for it if I'd had to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭positron

I live in Drogheda and was sent to Dundalk (and wife to Drogheda two days later). It doesn't bother me too much, but may not suite everyone. I am sure there's some method to this madness, or I sure hope there is. :)

positron wrote: »
    I live in Drogheda and was sent to Dundalk (and wife to Drogheda two days later). It doesn't bother me too much, but may not suite everyone. I am sure there's some method to this madness, or I sure hope there is. :)

They knew we'd appreciate a day out on the bike :pac:

Same here. 15 minutes north of the Dundalk Centre but appointment in Drogheda on Monday.

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    Same here. 15 minutes north of the Dundalk Centre but appointment in Drogheda on Monday.

And 2 neighbours from bettystown being sent to Dundalk tomorrow.

Seem to have got lucky DIFE

• Registered Users Posts: 29,435 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Got first vaccine in fairways. Got appointment for dife on Tuesday. The time really doesn't suit so I asked for another date. Might ring them tomorrow to get a better time

• Registered Users Posts: 16,046 ✭✭✭✭event

In and out of DIFE this morning in about 30 mins, including the 15 mins wait time after the jab. Very slick

• Advertisement

I was 21 minutes in Dundalk, very impressed with the slickness of it all.

whelan2 wrote: »
    Got first vaccine in fairways. Got appointment for dife on Tuesday. The time really doesn't suit so I asked for another date. Might ring them tomorrow to get a better time

You won't get a time or date over the phone - I postponed an appointment for Mon 28th in Dundalk, phoned the helpline on Wed 30th as I'm already over the 4 weeks since first dose, and basically was told I'd have to wait for the system to spit out another date for me. Case couldn't be escalated either because I'd postponed.

Luckily I got a new date for next Tuesday, 5 weeks and 4 days between doses (Pfizer)

In and out of DIFE this morning in about 30 mins, including the 15 mins wait time after the jab. Very slick

Sitting after the jab now. No waiting about at all.

Lad I know can beat most of those appointments, early 40s in Dundalk, appointment in Fairyhouse. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,094 ✭✭✭mada999

Lad I know can beat most of those appointments, early 40s in Dundalk, appointment in Fairyhouse. :pac:

same here

Lots in Dundalk have already been to Fairyhouse in the past two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Is it possibly due to storage facilities for differing vaccines? Or just whatever time you registered and filling the quota for nearest centre ->then next nearest etc. I registered my husband the morning his age cohort opened, and same with myself 2 days later. Both called to Dundalk from Drogheda. But I understand the DIFE centre isn't full time. I'm sort of thinking it might be like Ticketmaster, if you don't get your tickets as soon as they open you're down the queue.

I'm getting my second shot next Tuesday, exactly 4 weeks (literally within an hour) of the first. People I know around the corner got sent to Navan, and a load up to the Helix (when they were doing Jansen) I don't know anybody, except for people who work in OLOL getting a spot in DIFE.

Very impressed with the organisation in the Fairways for the first one. No queuing, saw a few familiar faces while waiting the 15 mins. Was in and out in about 20 mins, great atmosphere, even in the car park with people waiting for their relatives. I had brought a travelmug of coffee thinking I might be waiting around, but it wasn't needed.

In and out of Drogheda in 25 minutes this morning. Very impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 JenniferCo

Is it possibly due to storage facilities for differing vaccines? Or just whatever time you registered and filling the quota for nearest centre ->then next nearest etc. I registered my husband the morning his age cohort opened, and same with myself 2 days later. Both called to Dundalk from Drogheda. But I understand the DIFE centre isn't full time. I'm sort of thinking it might be like Ticketmaster, if you don't get your tickets as soon as they open you're down the queue.

I'm getting my second shot next Tuesday, exactly 4 weeks (literally within an hour) of the first. People I know around the corner got sent to Navan, and a load up to the Helix (when they were doing Jansen) I don't know anybody, except for people who work in OLOL getting a spot in DIFE.

Very impressed with the organisation in the Fairways for the first one. No queuing, saw a few familiar faces while waiting the 15 mins. Was in and out in about 20 mins, great atmosphere, even in the car park with people waiting for their relatives. I had brought a travelmug of coffee thinking I might be waiting around, but it wasn't needed.
    Is that Pfizer in The Fairways for tomorrow? I got my first dose there on 2nd June and have no appointment yet.

• Advertisement

JenniferCo wrote: »
    Is that Pfizer in The Fairways for tomorrow? I got my first dose there on 2nd June and have no appointment yet.

I'm getting Pfizer in the Fairways in the morning. My 2nd appointment was 4 weeks and 4 days after my 1st on 28th May.
    I couldn't make that appointment, and the rescheduled date is tomorrow, 5 weeks and 5 days after the 1st jab.

If you have been waiting 4 weeks and 5 days, call the HSE helpline and ask to have your case escalated.

Advertisement