Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2021 General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Arturo Delgado

Dismal day for June. Cloudy, stubborn cloud never broke up, it got to 19 briefly. Another disappointing day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,972 ✭✭✭appledrop

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Whatever way tomorrow goes, set the alarm for crack of dawn. Hopefully an ok sunrise to start the day off.

You will bet me again Sryanbruen for earliest riser for Sunday morning but I won't be too far behind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭Kunta Kinte

Dismal day for June. Cloudy, stubborn cloud never broke up, it got to 19 briefly. Another disappointing day.

Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

highdef wrote: »
    Ooops, I've fixed that in my post.

Edited mine also. I was beginning to think that there were more 'exclusive' beach hang outs around! :p

Horrible, clammy, humid night out with clouds down to the ground. Odd weather for early June it has to be said.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,069 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

I came down to west Cork today. After having a cracking few weeks in Dublin I was worried I'd be coming down to dire stuff.. Looks like I've timed it well. Stunning day.. Very like home although not as hot as it has been in Dublin.. Still will take it.. Just finished up our bbq here now.. Bliss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

A day to remind me of July 2020 here in southern Laois. We've had mid-level cloud that wanted to break and then didn't but the associated humidity was Spanish today. Went to the local beer garden tonight and was 17c+ throughout. Felt like a Spanish night out with Mrs and all the kiddos in bed. Late afternoon sunshine drove temperatures nearing 21C. Tomorrow's clear sky (as forecasted) should add another 5C to that. Looking forward to it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

The Valentia sounding for midday Saturday showed a nice warm airmass, with the 900-850 hPa layer above 10 C. This would support a surface temperature of around 25-26 C, but only in mostly clear skies. The problem is the very high moisture, shown by the high dewpoints at all layers (blue curve), which is where all that cloud came from at 900 and 800 hPa. This, of course, limited the surface temperature to the 21.7 C max reported at Oak Park. It's the price we pay for this sub-tropically source warmth.

Not much difference in the synoptic setup today (Sunday) either, so we'll be relying on good clear skies to reach that big fat 26 Linda had on Dublin this evening. Maybe only the sun-trapped Phoenix Park station will get that figure, we'll see. Still, I'm not complaining about any weather in this part this week. Saturday was fine. A bit cloudy but dry and nothing to stop anyone from going out and enjoying the day. Of course that was again not the case in other parts.

555728.png

555729.png

555730.png

555731.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

If there's any prolonged sunshine tomorrow in the right places, 26c or 27c is achievable. It's all down to cloud cover now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Still 18C here outside and well north of 25C inside the house, dunno how i'm going to get to sleep tonight. Most of the year my house is cold on the inside and requires heating almost daily for 9 to 10 months of the year.

We may get to 25 or 26C tomorrow if there is enough clear sunny skies from morning through to the evening. A bigger issue for people tomorrow could be the night time temperature, it's forecast to hold up to 20C till about midnight and holding to around 17C up to 5am and then dropping off as the morning goes on with cooler air taking over for Monday.

fmiuk-41-28-0.png?13-02

fmiuk-41-32-0.png?13-02

Monday will be considerably fresher with daytime temperatures only around 17 or 18C. Warmth builds again for Tuesday but it won't be the mid level warmth of tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Arturo Delgado

Danno wrote: »
    If there's any prolonged sunshine tomorrow in the right places, 26c or 27c is achievable. It's all down to cloud cover now.

Started off sunny this morning but once again, the cloud rolled in. It's been a completely frustrating week. Should have been much better. The only plus was it was dry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,009 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Cracking morning here in Kildare, sun's out, no wind and a nice 18 degrees to start us off.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭pad199207

Gorgeous sunny morning in Kildare with temp close to 20c already

Ah feck it's cloudy here in Dublin.

Heading to beach anyway, can always come home if it's too cold!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

appledrop wrote: »
    Ah feck it's cloudy here in Dublin.

Heading to beach anyway, can always come home if it's too cold!

Mostly clear and sunny in SCD. 19.4c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭OldRio

Another overcast cloudy morning. We had a little rain last night. Same crap, a different day.
    Leitrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭pad199207

Sunny blue skies are gone now. Just like that. Back to bed so

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Absolutely gorgeous morning in Deansgrange. Feels like it’s in the 20s already, but our back garden is a significant heat trap.

No foghorns audible from Dun Laoghaire yet (we can always hear them here when they’re going)

555740.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Casement 21 degrees at 9am. Not bad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Blanket of cloud in Meath

Casement 21 degrees at 9am. Not bad :)

20c here in Arklow by the sea
    Wind currently southwest
    Am expecting that to switch to south or southeast off the sea soon
    Otherwise we'll boil later
    Brittas Bay will be busy todau

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Tilden Katz

Peeled my eyes open at 7:30am here in the west midlands to see sun through the skylight. “Goody” I thought. Aaaand then it clouded over about ten minutes after that. It’s been cloudy since. Lake swimming today is dependent on the sun making an appearance. I’m not hopeful...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

The midnight Valentia sounding would have supported 27-28 °C, had it been a midday sounding. As it happens, that warmest air has moved off east and by this afternoon that 900-850-hPa layer will be several degrees cooler, even in the east. Still, 25 is still a good possibility, maybe 26 if that cloud can shift.

https://meteologix.com/ie/radiosonde-values/ireland/temperature/20210613-0000z.html#obs-detail-R03953

• Registered Users Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Stunning morning here in East Cork. Blue skies all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭scooby77

Beautiful warm morning from 7.30am to 10am here just south Sligo Town. Got lovely run in.
    Since 10 has clouded over, got breezy and temperature dropped a bit. Cloud from West being held off til later as expected, but then sneaky band of cloud came up from South East...can't win!

Winds shifted in Arklow now
    Gone Southerly off the sea in response to the inland heat
    Nature and science is an amazing wonder
    That'll peg temp here back to 18 or so

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Bright and 16C with a mix of clouds and blue skies in Castlebar but it's nice to see the sun after yesterday, going to make the most of today before the rain starts pushing in from the west early this evening.

Very thick cloud here at beach but it's not too cold so still having great fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Cloudy and cool breeze in Rathfarnham,no sign of hottest day here

• Registered Users Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Cloudfest in D5 so far, hopefully the sun comes out and stays out eventually

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭esposito

Cloudfest in D5 so far, hopefully the sun comes out and stays out eventually

Same in D16. Looking forward to the sun breaking out in the afternoon. Yes I’m confident.

Advertisement