Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2021 General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭sporina

Could folk say where they are when posting please? (i'm not a mod obv so hope this is ok with you guys)

Grey here in Cork City but the sun is trying to come thru'.. as long as the rain hols off i'll be happy enough

• Registered Users Posts: 25,273 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Incoming
    l8EDLRK.png

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

It’s not really moving inland though ?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,273 ✭✭✭✭zell12

brrrrr in the whest
    CpBEpvY.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Another lovely day in Dublin 5. Bbq nearly every evening this month. Blue skies and occasional light cloud today, very pleasant in the sunshine. June has definitely exceeded expectations in Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭appledrop

Another lovely day in Dublin 5. Bbq nearly every evening this month. Blue skies and occasional light cloud today, very pleasant in the sunshine. June has definitely exceeded expectations in Dublin

Yep another stunner here in NCD.

Absolutely beautiful.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

very nice day here in Dunshaughlin, plenty of sun making it feel warmer than it is. Currently 18C.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭pad199207

Really nice day in Kildare with light breezes and decent sunshine 18°

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

We really are getting lucky with the weather at the moment here in Leinster. The warm spell may have ended but the dry and relatively sunny weather goes on. The weather still isn't great in the west, England has had some very poor and very wet and cool conditions over the past 2 to 3 days and Scotland isn't great either.

The models seem a bit uncertain for the second half of next week. We do get a build of higher pressure mid week but there is a chance of a dartboard low dropping north to south anywhere from Galway to the North Sea and if it sinks south over Ireland we could be in for a cool and wet time next Friday and Saturday. If it sinks south over eastern England, we could be in for a dry and relatively warm weekend. All to play for.

The latest models are showing very little rainfall over the next 10 days, generally less than 2mm but if the low pressure drops over Ireland later next week, we could get a soaking. GFS is also playing around with a possible heatwave beginning next weekend with temperatures getting close to 30C in Ireland into the 1st week of July. I would say major health warnings associated with the models at the moment. The recent warm spell was originally going to influence much of Ireland but as time got closer the warm spell shifted east and the west missed out on it. Plenty of model watching to come over the next week but right now I wouldn't rule anything out, everything seems up for grabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

Another cracker of a day in Dublin.. Guess another bbq on the cards.. I'll be broke with all the charcoal I'm buying this month

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Cool enough just getting up to 14.2C but very pleasant nonetheless with good levels of sunshine on and off and more sunny then cloudy from mid afternoon with a bit more cloud filling in again. Back to 12.3C now and would need a jumper or light jacket if going outside but beats the rain any day.

Low of 4.9C early morning.

NASA Sat Pic from earlier today.

akS7qG0.png

Great sat image. Shows how cloud just builds up over land. Even the lakes (Corrib, Neagh, to name but a few) are practically free of cloud.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Sunbathing in Merrion square, people out and about eating and drinking everywhere and not a grey tracksuit in sight! Wasn't expecting this weather today it's just gorgeous!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭pad199207

There’s some power in that sun

Sunbathing in Merrion square, people out and about eating and drinking everywhere and not a grey tracksuit in sight! Wasn't expecting this weather today it's just gorgeous!

Very little sun (the odd very fleeting 10 second glimpse about ever hour) in the west, but not a bad day either. Cloud layer is relatively high and not as dense as most other days this month with about average temps (16/17c)

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Level 42

Dark grey cloudy fresh cork city

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Best day in a while in Letterkenny, still 100% overcast of course but pleasantly warm and calm.

Can't go anywhere as every redneck boy racer in the country has descended on the town for the cancelled rally weekend so a great day for some well overdue garden work

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Best day in a while in Letterkenny, still 100% overcast of course but pleasantly warm and calm.

Can't go anywhere as every redneck boy racer in the country has descended on the town for the cancelled rally weekend so a great day for some well overdue garden work

lol clowns fanny smashers

so a great day for some well overdue garden work

My little plants and flowers are just crying out for just some sun as they are not really thriving at all. Even a couple of hours of afternoon sun would do them the world of good, but it seems today won't be the day they'll get it. Perhaps tomorrow.. or maybe the day after, or maybe even next week. God only knows at this stage.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 18,011 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Cracking day here in Kildare, sun out all day absolutely roasting. Wasn't expecting it to be this good.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

Overcast again. I probably need some vitamin d tablets at this stage ha

• Advertisement

a beautiful end to the day here in Meath, still sunny. Almost unbroken sunshine all day except for some hazy cloud at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Yet another beautiful day on Rush South beach today. Almost deserted, water crystal clear and actually not cold. Stunning. The grass is becoming brown now, and not only around the edges. We could do with a drop...

51258405814_0d9ebfb1fa_h.jpg

51258699160_14a885d455_h.jpg

51256932282_f988efbf06_h.jpg

51256932272_6c916d0f1e_h.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

My first ever hike today and we did the Galtymore! A good day for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭giveitholly

leahyl wrote: »

What side did ye climb it from?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭sporina

leahyl wrote: »

ha ha i was waving over at you from The Ballyhouras.. fab.. will upload a pic tomorrow (but photos don't do it justice though - the peace and solitude wer immeasurable.. and hardly another sinner there)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

What side did ye climb it from?

We came from the south - went along the black road.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Despite a wet forcast from those at met eireann its a lovely morning here in Castlebar. Dry warm and calm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Another beautiful day in Dublin 5. Fab run of weather. This summer has already exceeded last and it’s only 3 weeks in :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,613 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Yeah, much better than I expected both yesterday and particularly today so far in Dublin 13. A fair amount of high cloud which I don’t mind and it’s nice and bright with good sunny spells. No complaints

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

Pretty good June here in the Midwest. Farming here and the tell tail sign is do the days in boots outnumber the days in wellies. Bright and cloudy as sryanbruen said. Soil moisture deficits are starting to impact a little here, so it must be a bigger issue further east

Advertisement