Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2021 General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭pauldry

Conversation in July could be "this must be the worst Summer ever", "Well we had a nice June in the East"

No let up for the West. Its August and September we look to now.:p FI charts look cuck

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Stunning day in Galway.

artworks-000343672398-b03r0u-t500x500.jpg

New Moon

NHPET is to announce that from next week all outdoor sunshine is to be put back 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭compsys

pauldry wrote: »
    Conversation in July could be "this must be the worst Summer ever", "Well we had a nice June in the East"

No let up for the West. Its August and September we look to now.:p FI charts look cuck

There'll be fierce debate on here come August about how good or otherwise the summer was.

But June looks like it will turn out sunnier, drier and slightly warmer than average for Dublin at least, which you can't ask much more of really.

Really feel for those of you further West.

It's touching 20º where I am by the coast - off for a sea swim later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Stunning day in Dublin 5. BBQ will be ready this eve. 20 degrees at Phoenix park and Dublin airport

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,160 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Yes gorge in Dublin now, and no annoying chill breeze, lovely and warm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Swings and Roundabouts really. In 2020 East Coasters had a mediocre Summer (After the Countrywide Beautiful Lockdown Spring) whereas the Northwest had a very decent Summer if I recall correctly. Seemed to be an endless stream of photo's all Summer from staycations to Donegal where the weather was incredible.

Youre right.

I guess we will have to wait a few more years. At least some places are getting the nice weather.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

A beautiful day in Meath, gin blue skies and 22C. Looks good up to Friday but things look like they will go downhill very quickly from this weekend. There were plenty of suggestions from the models up to a few days ago that the opening week of July could be warm or even hot, but now the outlook is looking increasingly unsettled and a trend towards cooler conditions after this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,861 ✭✭✭sporina

was up in the NW for the last few days and twas fab - blue skies and sun... lovely in Cork City here today.. hope its lasts - some consistency would be great - last Sat morn was so cold here grr.. my wardrobe it still a mix of winter/summer clothing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Calibos wrote: »
    Swings and Roundabouts really. In 2020 East Coasters had a mediocre Summer (After the Countrywide Beautiful Lockdown Spring) whereas the Northwest had a very decent Summer if I recall correctly. Seemed to be an endless stream of photo's all Summer from staycations to Donegal where the weather was incredible.

Definitely not where I was...

We had a nice second half of March up until the June bank holiday then nothing but cold northerly winds and cloud for June and July. There was a ~10 day spell of nice weather in August but overall I definitely wouldn't call it a good summer

Yeah last year bucked the trend of umpteen bad Augusts in a row in Sligo too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Gonzo wrote: »
    A beautiful day in Meath, gin blue skies and 22C. Looks good up to Friday but things look like they will go downhill very quickly from this weekend. There were plenty of suggestions from the models up to a few days ago that the opening week of July could be warm or even hot, but now the outlook is looking increasingly unsettled and a trend towards cooler conditions after this weekend.

Latest ECM has +16 uppers close to the East around 7th July. Early days of July still look very mild to me - though unsettled.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Lovely day in Killarney. Lots of sunshine and feels pleasantly warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Glengarriff (Cork) ACS is almost 25c.

This is 1.3c above nearest stations.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

22.5c here in Waterford City. Warmest day of the year so far.

https://www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

23C at Dunshaughlin and definitely feels more like 25 or 26C. The local road is starting to have melted/bubbling tar in places too, haven't seen that since summer 2018.

Absolute cracker of a day in Dublin, really balmy. Very light breeze but a warmer breeze and not a cloud in the sky, this feels as nice as the day earlier in June that was around 25-26 degrees.

Phoenix park, Casement and Dunsany both reporting 23 degrees at the moment, Dublin airport 22.

Meanwhile rain interruptions at Wimbledon again today

Is the sunshine recorder at Dublin Airport broken?

Have noticed on many days recently that the station has come up as cloudy on the hourly reports when it's been sunny in my parts.

And today there isn't a cloud to be seen in the East on the satellite but it's still reporting cloudy conditions.

• Advertisement

I was thinking that, not a cloud in the sky nearby
    compsys wrote: »
    Is the sunshine recorder at Dublin Airport broken?

Have noticed on many days recently that the station has come up as cloudy on the hourly reports when it's been sunny in my parts.

And today there isn't a cloud to be seen in the East on the satellite but it's still reporting cloudy conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭4Ad

A lovely 22 degrees in East Clare, nice cooling breeze..

A nice 14c in Sligo nice cooling cloud

Hotter than Ballypatrick forest in NI which is 11c

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Lovely day in Killarney. Lots of sunshine and feels pleasantly warm.

Ok scratch that, it’s a stunner of a day in Killarney. Great weather for a bit of exploring today. This is definitely one of the nicest days of the year ‘til now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,861 ✭✭✭sporina

Mimon wrote: »
    LOL

Met Eireann forecast below, looks great. It's normal Irish summer weather. Rare if ever that we get wall to wall sunshine and high temperatures for the whole summer.

"Outlook: Lots of dry weather expected as high pressure dominates.

not its not! May was crap as was most of June.. yeah - we are getting some good days now... but I see lots of rain for the weekend..

not looking for "wall to wall sunshine and high temp's".. but this summer has been v erratic and its not our norm.. my Dad is an 83 yr old farmer he had never witnessed a May as cold as this year's

Finger's crossed for the rest of the summer months..

• Registered Users Posts: 33,748 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The far north and north-west of the country hasn't experienced any of the warm temperatures or sunshine so far this week, but it does look like Thursday and Friday will be better in those parts, while at the same time it will become much cooler and cloudy along southern coasts from Thursday.

Tomorrow will be similar to today, cool along northern and north-western coasts, similar to today elsewhere but perhaps a a degree cooler and more in the way of cloud compared to today.

arpegeuk-41-29-0.png?29-17

Thursday should see an improvement along northern and north-western coasts with warmer temperatures, variable cloud and sunshine elsewhere and temperatures generally 18 to 22C.

arpegeuk-41-51-0.png?29-18

Friday will see a breakdown of the warm and settled weather from the south. The north and north-west could see it's warmest day of the year so far while southern-western and southern coastal areas will turn noticeably cooler with cloudy and showery conditions taking over.

arpegeuk-41-77-0.png?29-18

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Gonzo if you were to take a stab at tomorrow where might the best place be for sun and warmth. Thanks In advance

Gonzo if you were to take a stab at tomorrow where might the best place be for sun and warmth. Thanks In advance

My guess would be somewhere between Shannon and Oak Park, southern half of the country looks best tomorrow.

If the Arpege is anything to go by looks fairly decent in terms of sunshine through the southern half of the country but cloudier conditions in the north could spread south during the day.

arpegeuk-4-24-0.png?29-17

arpegeuk-4-30-0.png?29-17

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Thanks Gonzo so Cork/Kerry would be decent chance?

Advertisement