Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2021 General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

East Clare is a lovely spot. I would love to be somewhere like lough derg on a day like this, Killaloe, Mountshannon, terryglass, garrykennedy. Fab part of the country on a nice day
    4Ad wrote: »
    Melting in East Clare since 11 this morning, must still be 20 degrees here and I'm going running..agh !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭esposito

East Clare is a lovely spot. I would love to be somewhere like lough derg on a day like this, Killaloe, Mountshannon, terryglass, garrykennedy. Fab part of the country on a nice day

It really is. I was in Dromineer a few weeks ago and it was absolutely beautiful. Would highly recommend anywhere by Lough Derg.

Yes Dromineer is great too, Lough Derg is a gem of a spot. Was there over a few days during a warm spell and it’s stunning. I would have it in my top 3-4 spots in Ireland to be on a sunny day sitting on a cruise boat
    esposito wrote: »
    It really is. I was in Dromineer a few weeks ago and it was absolutely beautiful. Would highly recommend anywhere by Lough Derg.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭appledrop

8.15pm still relaxing out the back, catching last rays of sunshine.

Bye bye June 2021 you were amazing!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

That band of high cloud over the north of Ireland casting an impressive shadow on the satellite image:

T3u2Loo.png

After the cloudy early part of the day, turned into a blue sky day and the first day this season so far that looked and felt like summer.

New Moon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,222 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Taking my summer holidays from this Friday from work, just as the weather is set to turn. Typical.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Sun only lasted an hour or two here before the all too familiar blanket of grey returned as seen in Oneiric's pic above. Chilly as well, regretted leaving the house in a t-shirt when out for a walk after work

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭Artane2002

Foggy in Dublin 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭OldRio

We had summer yesterday here in Leitrim. It lasted from 2.00pm until 5.30pm. Wonderful.
    Thick fog this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

Cloudy this morning in cork city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭pauldry

That satellite sums it up perfectly.

Drove from Mayo to Sligo and alarmed as temperature in car went 19 18 17 16 15 14

Quite chilly in Sligo with a northerly breeze yesterday

Today fog is clearing

The next couple of days will be warmer in the West and North but then that cursed Northerly returns next week so 12c prob again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,861 ✭✭✭sporina

jackrussel wrote: »
    Cloudy this morning in cork city.

hold tough... the sun is coming out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,360 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Forecast has caught me somewhat off guard - looks like sun has come to an end and the next two weeks are going to grim enough? Is that the general perception on here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭mcburns07

lawred2 wrote: »
    Forecast has caught me somewhat off guard - looks like sun has come to an end and the next two weeks are going to grim enough? Is that the general perception on here?

Standard enough Irish summer fare really, mild enough and showery.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭endainoz

Looks like an unsettled week but nothing known beyond that really. Hope we dont have any of this 'summers over' talk. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭compsys

The current forecast is sunshine and showers for next week and staying somewhat mild i.e. 17 to 20º. Bang on normal Irish summer weather really.

Ironically, given the more changeable weather pattern, those in the West and North might end up seeing more sun than they have all June.

As we know, settled weather and high pressure doesn't always equal sun in Ireland whereas when it's unsettled you'll usually always see some sun between the showers...

If theres a Southerly and showers it constitutes a good Summer in the West if theres a Northerly like the past month its poor fare though usually drier.

So far at midday its 13 and 14c in the West and North and 21c in the Southeast:(

pauldry wrote: »
    So far at midday its 13 and 14c in the West and North and 21c in the Southeast:(

still heavily overcast in Dublin

• Advertisement

endainoz wrote: »
    Looks like an unsettled week but nothing known beyond that really. Hope we dont have any of this 'summers over' talk. :pac:

has a distinct July look about it

July and August tend to be an annual let down

• Registered Users Posts: 33,748 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Looking forward to some rain here in the south east, growth is very restricted, dry land is burning and wells are starting to be affected from the lack of rainfall in recent times.

Currently another very warm and sunny day.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

another nice day here in Meath but more cloud around than recent days. Make the most of today and tomorrow. This weekend could turn fairly wet but the first half of next week is looking very wet indeed. Will be given the garden another cut tomorrow before the rain kicks in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

OldRio wrote: »
    Thick fog this morning.

Woke up to dense fog and surprisingly chilly temps this morning also.

New Moon

Another quite warm sunny day in Dublin 5, what a great run of weather since late May. Slightly more high cloud around today but more than warm enough for sitting out with a BBQ later. Will welcome some rain from weekend on for the garden.

I see 24 degrees being recorded in Oak Park at the moment, 21 degrees in Casement and hovering around 20 at phoenix park. All in all, I would give it 7.5 to 8/10 summer so far in Dublin. Only can think of 3 days where you wouldnt have been sitting outside during the month of June

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Nice day in cork city. Very heavy though!

Fog all day in Arklow ,2nd day in a row
    Quite unfortunate

https://twitter.com/Arklowweather/status/1410616477716148230?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

The coming rain will be very useful in alleviating the moisture deficits which are in excess of 50mm for many eastern parts of the country, up to 60mm at Dublin Airport.

There have been only 8 individual spells or periods at the airport since 1942 that have had deficits >70mm, 2 of which were June/July 2018 (holds the record with deficit >90mm) and May/June 2020.

I myself look forward to seeing the weather liven up a bit and hopefully some decent convection - something June seriously lacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

Nice day in cork city. Very heavy though!

Yeah, burned off the earlier cloud fairly quickly. Another beaut of a day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

A carbon copy of yesterday in Castlebar, a dull overcast start to the day and now after lunch we have blue skies and sunshine, currently 19.2C out.

Oak Park is currently showing 25C.

Advertisement