Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Engine died while driving

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭BlakeS94

Jeez, what a tale of woe! You have every right to feel sorry for yourself with the money gone into that car! Best of luck with your next one!

Thank you, its not moving off the driveway leaking diesel from what seems to be fuel filter because other side is dry. But it sounds horrible like there's no lubrication and lots of smoke out the exhaust. I'm off to go cry in the shower lol

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Blake - spoke to a good friend of mine in hyundai last night - he reckons your 4 injectors are ok - hes never seen 4 go together - maybe one but definitely not 4.

Also said that before you fit the new pump get the dpf cleaned properly. And also check the fuel return pipe back to the tank and make sure the lad that did your cooling issue didnt put the return pipe where the feed goes - hes seen it in the past and will give the same symptoms of the fuel pump being fecked - worth trying.

You were right hellrazer, I ended up selling the car because the engine failed, Mechanic bought it off me just rang me a few moments ago and said the garage that did the head gasket destroyed my engine because they got the feed and return pipes mixed up, had it out with them but will be going through court to get my money back.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,809 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

BlakeS94 wrote: »
    You were right hellrazer, I ended up selling the car because the engine failed, Mechanic bought it off me just rang me a few moments ago and said the garage that did the head gasket destroyed my engine because they got the feed and return pipes mixed up, had it out with them but will be going through court to get my money back.

I hope you get somewhere - that's a major **** up.

Was this the same mehanic that actually diagnosed the injectors or different one?

Hellrazer wrote: »
    I hope you get somewhere - that's a major **** up.

Was this the same mehanic that actually diagnosed the injectors or different one?

Very same one the whole way through, he denied everything of course and stated the engine wouldn't run but apparently hyundai engines will run just very badly if those two lines are mixed up.

As a side note the last time he had the car he crushed the water sensor on the bottom of fuel filter and it was gushing diesel, filled a 2 litre bottle in about 10 seconds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭XsApollo

When he thought the engine was seized and realised it wasn’t when he drove it onto the shop floor should have been an eye opener.

I had a saab diesel years ago which the water pump failed in and nearly threw the timing belt, lucky it didn’t but it was close enough, the belt ate through the cover.

towed it to a mechanic told him what happened and he gets in to start it and drive it into the shop. Caught him before he turned the key.

Advertisement