Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kids Runners

Options
  • 10-05-2021 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

Can anyone give a recommendation for good quality young boys/girls runners.
    I have tried numerous different brands but looking for some that will take the daily abuse of school without falling apart after a month!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

From what I see where I work, Geox shoes seem good quality, lot of Nike that look lovely for a couple of weeks and then in tatters. If you can, get velcro fastening ones or elasticated laces, just makes it easier on everyone.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Asics any good?We have found them fairly indestructible...
    Generally Skechers, Nike...no.Geox are a good brand alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

https://www.decathlon.ie/trekking/192075-51434-kid-s-waterproof-lace-up-hiking-shoes-crossrock-green-3-55.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjws-OEBhCkARIsAPhOkIb3e1HXRZjggBnhWUkukICZrj38u8UUbm-SWQyp9CNiV7GWhY8O3pkaAmN4EALw_wcB#/demodelsize-274uk_3_eu36/demodelcolor-8493604

I got these in decathalon for my 7yr old who normally hammers through shoes, and they were fantastic. Wore them everyday all year in muck, rain, you name it. I've just ordered another pair. They're a bit heavier than runners but he had no problem running in them in PE.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭coffeyt

Thanks for all the suggestions.
    Have spent silly money in last 12 months on the likes of sketchers and nikes only to have the seams come apart or the sole start to lift after 5/6 weeks!

I'm happy to spend a fair amount on them as they are allowed wear trainers to school so want something decent and comfortable that will last a few months at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

coffeyt wrote: »
    Thanks for all the suggestions.
    Have spent silly money in last 12 months on the likes of sketchers and nikes only to have the seams come apart or the sole start to lift after 5/6 weeks!

I'm happy to spend a fair amount on them as they are allowed wear trainers to school so want something decent and comfortable that will last a few months at least.

We had the same issue until we started using Adidas Altasport kids with leather uppers and velcro straps. Sketches and Nike fell apart but the Altasport take any abuse and still look smart and new after a clean.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Second the decathlon runners. Although if your child is built for speed they might not like them for running. Mine will.onky wear them for 'hikes' etc. I buy asics on sale. They won't last forever but if on sale they are good value. I find.they offer much better foot support than the likes of Nike also.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Yes, we find Asics seem to hold together well (and they get a battering here, my eldest is a runner) and you can get great deals on them in Elverys fairly often through the year. Or there's an Asics outlet in Kildare village if you are in that area.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Geox are good but Asics are the best that we have found. They last far longer then any other shoe or runner.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

We got runners from Tesco and found them great, we have the second toddler in them now after his sister (as in the same pair) or Nike find them great, watch out for the offers online

Advertisement