Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dual authentication issue

Options
  • 10-05-2021 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭

I'm all for better security, but the new two step authentication is infuriating. Surely once I authenticate at login, it's still me 30 seconds later so I shouldn't have to authenticate for every transaction? I would like to be able to use my online banking on a pc but having to pick up my phone every few seconds makes this a really frustrating experience. 

Can the two step authentication be changed to just at login like for other companies (for example Paypal) ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

I'm all for better security, but the new two step authentication is infuriating. Surely once I authenticate at login, it's still me 30 seconds later so I shouldn't have to authenticate for every transaction? I would like to be able to use my online banking on a pc but having to pick up my phone every few seconds makes this a really frustrating experience. 

Can the two step authentication be changed to just at login like for other companies (for example Paypal) ?
    Good morning,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

I am very sorry to hear you are unhappy with the changes. Regulations have been introduced that affect all payment service providers. These laws will help fight fraud and make you even more secure when you bank online. 

We will require extra identification when you log on to 365 online. To help confirm your identity we've added two-factor authentication to our security process. This means you will need a 'security device' with you each time you log on to 365 online or carry out certain transactions for example, make a payment. 

We value your feedback and I will be sure to share this with the relevant department.

Many thanks,
    Megan

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

Good morning,

I am very sorry to hear you are unhappy with the changes. Regulations have been introduced that affect all payment service providers. These laws will help fight fraud and make you even more secure when you bank online. 

We will require extra identification when you log on to 365 online. To help confirm your identity we've added two-factor authentication to our security process. This means you will need a 'security device' with you each time you log on to 365 online or carry out certain transactions for example, make a payment. 

We value your feedback and I will be sure to share this with the relevant department.

Many thanks,
    Megan
    Hi, 

Thanks for the reply. As I mentioned I have no problem with better security, but as far as I'm aware BOI is the only bank pushing it for EVERY transaction. With Paypal, it's two factor to login and then use as normal. Any other banks I've seen operate the same way....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Aisling

Hi There,

Please be assured our customers feedback is important to us, and we will absolutely pass this on as feedback on your behalf.

Thanks, Aisling

Advertisement