Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How many people have a PS5?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

Got a digital edition at launch and love it. Looking forward to Ratchet and Clank and getting Demon’s Souls when it’s on sale this summer

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Vyse Remastered

Have both PS5 and Series X. Got both on launch day. For me this has been the most underwhelming console launch to date. There is no "Next Gen" feeling about them at all. Might be as a result of covid or the mid gen updates (Pro and X).

I play predominantly on the Series X due to game pass. Only games that have been played on PS5 are Miles Morales, God of War and Astrobot. There is nothing launching in the near future that has grabbed my attention.

At this stage just dying for something that can show off the consoles capabilities (next Battlefield perhaps??).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Have both PS5 and Series X. Got both on launch day. For me this has been the most underwhelming console launch to date. There is no "Next Gen" feeling about them at all. Might be as a result of covid or the mid gen updates (Pro and X).

I play predominantly on the Series X due to game pass. Only games that have been played on PS5 are Miles Morales, God of War and Astrobot. There is nothing launching in the near future that has grabbed my attention.

At this stage just dying for something that can show off the consoles capabilities (next Battlefield perhaps??).

Ratchet and clank is what I'm pinning my hopes on to be blown away.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,237 ✭✭✭Damien360

Doubtful. EA confirmed it's cross gen.
    I think everybody's aware at this stage that true next gen never really starts until at least 2 years in when games start to be made from the ground upwards for the new consoles, and the old ones left behind.
    My worry is that with these shortages that next gen is going to take even longer to kick off.

Ah crap. Battlefield 6 was the game that was going to push me over the edge and I had decided the PS5 had to be bought for this. I’ll sit tight for another while so.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Got my son's delivered on launch day from Smyths, won the F5 lottery about a week or so beforehand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

I’m coming from a Xbox One and launch day (8-9 years). So expecting a massive jump in performance obviously! I’ve always had an Xbox. Everyone I know has PS so be nice to have a few games online with them. As a 40 year old dad, I don’t get to play as much as I’d like too!! Normally just get COD and FIFA. My PS5 should be here Tuesday from Curry’s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

Very good point about 80 euro . Did you see some "collectors edition" games going for 199.99 ? Crazy

• Administrators Posts: 53,336 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I picked one up a couple of weeks ago, I noticed a big difference between the PS4 version of FIFA and the PS5 version. Not visually, but in terms of responsiveness, AI, control etc, it was unexpectedly a big improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,143 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Got one in the last issue from Gamestop, it's hidden under our bed waiting to surprise our 15 year old with on Christmas morning. Hoping a few more games are released for the Christmas market!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭scottygee

Got the digital edition from a reseller for $700, is it worth it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

no.

the more people who pay over the odds for these creates demand for scalpers to hoover up stock and thus leave us all paying over the odds for longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Madness that people are still paying this kind of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,799 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

We all know it's madness, but something is only worth what people are willing to pay for it. €300 over the RRP is a lot, but it could be extremely valuable to someone whose head is melted by their little angle roaring about wanting one. Personally, I wouldn't pay it, but each to their own. However, I do agree that buying above RRP is only hurting the consumer in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭Sarn

I can’t believe that availability is still so limited. I got mine at the start of February and still haven’t bought a PS5 game yet. The quality of life improvements are nice, but I really should have kept my PS4 for a while longer. Sometimes it’s hard to fight the urge for something new and shiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,799 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I think it's a clear improvement over the 4 and don't regret my decision for a moment. Those QOL improvements are more than enough to justify the price imo. However, I will find it hard to fight the urge to get the Pro when it comes out...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭recyclops

I have one gathering dust after demons souls R&C lasted around 3 days and then got put aside to trade in for Deathloop, I have yet to start that as gamepass is on a roll at the moment. I imagine once I start Deathloop the series X will get put on the backburner for a week or two.

As for scalpers unfortunately they will be around so long as people keep spending mad money ( Personally I think a ps5 for a kid younger than say 15 is mad anyway but thats just me).

Its a fine console at the moment but will get better

• Registered Users Posts: 14,963 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I'd like to upgrade from the PS4 as the noise out of that machine at times can ruin a game (I play late at night so the volume is low). Seeing as they are nigh on impossible to get I was thinking I might pick-up an XBox Series S to play something a little different, until stock of the PS5 is more available. Also my current TV is only a 1080p set so I'd have to upgrade that too. A bit of a pain but it'd need to be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭puzl

PS5s are not impossible to get. I've bought 3 of them ( one for me, 2 for less tech savvy friends and family ) and I've helped others get them too, as recently as last Monday. Have bought from Harvey Norman, Currys and Smyths.

The basic recipe is

1. Want a PS5
    2. Obsess over it
    3. Get a PS5.

tart by following @ps5_ireland on twitter, use a twitter app on your phone that allows you to have notifications for specific users and be ready for stock drops.

Create your accounts on the various sites in advance and have your credit card details loaded into whatever mechanism you use to autofill web forms. This might not be as necessary anymore, when I was hunting at the start of the year the drops were going in 5 minutes, but recently they've been there for 20-30 minutes. There are probably not going to be any more drops this month, but plenty expected next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭scottygee

• Registered Users Posts: 32,953 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I have one in storage, for the young lad for Xmas.

• Advertisement
Advertisement