Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giro d'Italia stage 4: Piacenza to Sestola (186km)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

10th for Chris in the end.

Fair play, great result for him.
    I knew him, when he was a young lad, lovely chap.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,424 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Joe Dombrowski doesn't exactly look over the moon with his stage win

• Registered Users Posts: 14,305 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Game over for Bennett and Almeida already

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Joe Dombrowski doesn't exactly look over the moon with his stage win

No he doesn't, he probably thought for a while, that he'd get the pink jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

So that's Dan on domestique duties for the week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,424 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

So that's Dan on domestique duties for the week?

De Marchi will probably lose the jersey on Thursday's stage.

Nevertheless, we won't be seeing Dan pulling on the front of the peloton or fetching bidons :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

A little treat of a GC day. Didn’t expect that at all. First sign was Ganna drifting out the back. Bennett and Almeida gone already

Lovely stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

De Marchi will probably lose the jersey on Thursday's stage.

Nevertheless, we won't be seeing Dan pulling on the front of the peloton or fetching bidons :D
    It was partly said in jest, but with all due respect to Dan, I think it's very unlikely he'll be leading the Giro at any point - a podium and perhaps a stage win was the target. If I were Nicki Sorensen, I'd be putting all men to the pumps to retain the jersey as long as possible. While Dan wont be hauling bidons or collecting rain jackets, he may be asked to cover for Krists Neilands.
    But you're right, it'll all go to ****e on the climb at Ascoli Piceno.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Whatever about Almeida, its a bit early to be writing off Bennetts shot at the podium. It's only day 4. That said, he seems to be a bit fragile in poor weather so you would have to wonder if TJV should be punting him as a GC contender in a race such as the Giro..........

Bennett struggled with the cold and given the conditions it's understandable, but what I've seen of him so far this year he hasn't been at his very best I thought.

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/george-bennett-overcome-and-broken-by-the-cold-in-first-big-giro-ditalia-test/

Nico lost a fair bit of time too and he's another man who suffers in the cold I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    Whatever about Almeida, its a bit early to be writing off Bennetts shot at the podium. It's only day 4. That said, he seems to be a bit fragile in poor weather so you would have to wonder if TJV should be punting him as a GC contender in a race such as the Giro..........

I don’t think he had a realistic shot at the podium even if everything went his way, so a few minutes lost on the first hilly stage just copperfastens that for me

Advertisement