Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alphabet SHEEP - Colour without the Rainbow REVEAL

167891012»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Who said I'm afraid of Salt? They lying.

Everyone knows it's Flamingos LeVar has a fear of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Necro wrote: »
    Everyone knows it's Flamingos LeVar has a fear of.

Who is spreading these rumours? And where the hell did Flamingos come from? :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Who is spreading these rumours? And where the hell did Flamingos come from? :pac:

Well I can't blame you for keeping that one quiet, they did peck off your middle finger. Poor, poor LeVar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Necro wrote: »
    Well I can't blame you for keeping that one quiet, they did peck off your middle finger. Poor, poor LeVar

Both my middle fingers are intact and both are raised at the rumour spreaders at the other side of this screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,504 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

ari101 wrote: »
    Sadly enough, I sing it out loud as I type and then I can remember it.. except I always want to put another D on the end...:D

I just noticed the missing D a few minutes ago, and it's going to keep me awake tonight now :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I just noticed the missing D a few minutes ago, and it's going to keep me awake tonight now :eek:

Ooops :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Congrats EEF impressive colour knowledge,and congrats to mam on her brilliant wooden spoon showing.
    Thanks for running the game ari, good job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,504 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Ooops :rolleyes:

Not your fault, I had it copped before I saw your post!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,241 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Thanks to you and the other well wishers - I'm only as good as the material ye (and Mam especially) gave me to work with! ;)

So true about it being taxing! I might have written almost the entire thing in advance in notepad because I can't find pics and gifs on the fly and was worried I'd take to long writing it as we go... let's not talk about how long that took :pac:

Happily run more SHEEP and variants, but I think it'll be a while before I take on one of this size again... alphabet colours... sure that'll be easy (facepalm) :D
    I still generally write out reveals in advance, although that's because I like to do them on work time :D

And I agree, alphabet is a beast. A nice 10-12 question is much more manageable. You did great :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,241 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Kathleen will be sad to know that, depspite picking the right bridal shades, if EN had not decided to amend some entries she would have beaten him!
    3Ltm.gif

• Advertisement

If only I weren't such a gentleman, I wouldn't have deliberately sabotaged myself with Queen Pink to let BuileBeag finish a few points ahead of me.... :pac:

You did that for me?
    tenor.gif

Although... Thinking about it...
    tenor.gif

LIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Well done EEFGGFEDCCDEED

I came so close but I knew my goose was cooked at Z.

Great reveal Ari, fantastic theme too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Congrats EEFGGFEDCCDEED, Cee-Jay and Beaker.

Ari that was a great debut at running a game. Very well done and a great reveal.

Mam your answers were so random and hilarious! I don't know whether beaver or Granny Smith apple was my favourite. :pac::pac::pac:

Kathleen was sad sickened to know that, despite picking the right bridal shades, if EN had not decided to amend some entries she would have beaten him!
    I won't sleep tonight, the jealous rage will stop me.

Reading back the stuff I missed (while adhering to a taxing posting schedule so we could get out of here before 10pm), you all are nuts in the best way, I laughed so much! Thanks for coming along and participating in the Reveal :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

nothing wrote: »
    Congrats EEF, ceejay and beaker!

Mam, that was an incredible performance!

Ari, thank you for the excellent entertainment

As nothing said! I was out getting some exercise - I left at V! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Reading back the stuff I missed (while adhering to a taxing posting schedule so we could get out of here before 10pm), you all are nuts in the best way, I laughed so much! Thanks for coming along and participating in the Reveal :)

I loved you asking Omack was he playing the leader on his xylophone, very funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭EEFGGFEDCCDEED

I'm sorry I missed the reveal and just got caught up :o

Great game Ari and a really fun reveal (even though I raced through the last bit to see if I could hold out!)

Thanks Ari and thanks all for your kind words.
    Not going to lie, I'm chuffed to bits with my first (and quite likely only) win :)

I'm sorry I missed the reveal and just got caught up :o

Great game Ari and a really fun reveal (even though I raced through the last bit to see if I could hold out!)

Thanks Ari and thanks all for your kind words.
    Not going to lie, I'm chuffed to bits with my first (and quite likely only) win :)

Congrats, delighted to award you your first sheep Crown!

giphy.gif

Sadly enough, I sing it out loud as I type and then I can remember it.. except I always want to put another D on the end...:D
    HeidiHeidi wrote: »

It upsets me greatly too..
    The character limit just wouldn't stretch to that last note :(

Congrats also to cee_jay and beakerjoe and of course to Mam of 4 :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Hillybilly4

Great fun game Ari101, thank you.
    Congrats to podiums all!
    Mam, you were truly outstanding!

• Advertisement

Congrats, delighted to award you your first sheep Crown!

giphy.gif

Thank you so much, I will treasure it always :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭Neowise

congrats on the win eefgg...

Thanks for running ari.

Sorry I couldn’t stay posting till the end. It was a great game. Very, very well done ari. You hosted the game like someone who has been doing it years. I loved the little story you had for Toto and read it like I was reading “there was an old woman who swallowed a fly”

EE <insert loadsa letters> You did it!!! Yey, congratulations to you :)

And mam........ :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,948 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

In future I'm not going to Google, I'm just going to throw in whatever random answers come into my head :p
    Contrary to what it looked like , that is not what happened here!

Ari , I can only imagine your reaction when you read my entry , I'll never live this one down :D

#noshame!

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    In future I'm not going to Google, I'm just going to throw in whatever random answers come into my head :p
    Contrary to what it looked like , that is not what happened here!

Ari , I can only imagine your reaction when you read my entry , I'll never live this one down :D

#noshame!

Haha, I usually fill the ones I can from my head and then google the rest :D

I checked if you had 26 entries ;) and it was only when I was going through letter by letter to get pics for the reveal... I got to Badger, scratched my head, and well I was delighted, because it was definitely a going to be more interesting than the pic of a pile of brown cowpats I had (yes that brown pic is not just soil... :pac:)

With so many entries, and a system to tabulate them, you kinda don't see the... trees for the wood (I know that's not the saying but...) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I saw a lovely big rainbow earlier and it made me think of this contest :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,677 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

ohmagosh, I couldn't get past beaver before I started laughing (which turned into :eek: an asthma attack, but what a fun way to go!)

:D Mam, exactly what were ye smokin'? :D

This musta been epic, but I may have to wait on the reading of the thread til the inhaler is attached to the oul windpipes :o

....but sure, beaver is me new fave paint colour :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,948 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Deja Boo wrote: »
    ohmagosh, I couldn't get past beaver before I started laughing (and then coughing ;))

:D Mam, exactly what were ye smokin'? :D

This musta been epic, but I may have to wait on the reading of the thread til the inhaler is attached to the oul longs :pac:
    ....but sure, beaver is me new paint colour :p

I wish I could say that was the only "alternative" answer , but it's not :o :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,677 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I wish I could say that was the only "alternative" answer , but it's not :o :pac:

I can't wait to see! :D

so much fun! :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement