Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Use Eir F3000 Sagemcom on Vodafone

Options
  • 11-05-2021 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if the newest Eir modem can be used with Vodafone? My gigabox modem keeps crapping out and its going to be a few days to get it replaced. I have the newer Eir modem, the F3000 here- is it possible to put in the vodafone credentials into that and use instead? On FTTC here if that makes any difference. I did have a look in the settings menu but nothing jumped out at me to enter the vodafone username

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

Sure any router could be used with any provider.
    Just do search F3000 PPPoE settings /Sagemcom PPPoE settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

The issue here is I cannot find PPPoE anywhere within the settings and cannot find any reference to the Eir username which I’d be changing to use Vodafone instead. Many users have said previously that you cannot edit the newer Sky modems to use with say Eir or Vodafone so I’m wondering is this the same here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

https://www.eir.ie/opencms/export/sites/support/.galleries/pdfs/support-pdfs/user_manual_f3000.pdf
    Anything under 3.5.1 section?
    Switch basic to advanced?
    Could you choose pppoe instead of DHCP ?
    Eir doesn’t use any PPPoE for FTTH products unlike the others( you won’t find any Eir username or pass) but I definitely could choose so if I wanted at F2000 router.

Advertisement