Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Israeli - Palestinian Conflict *Threadbans in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,460 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The original "equivalence" was made by wes, in a post to which Igotadose was responding.

I can't figure out if you're this repeatedly dishonest intentionally, but it really makes discussions you're involved in unpleasant to wade through.

Nope didn’t catch that context. But you make it hard to be civil in response about it when you go for the personal digs. If you have that much trouble with me simply put me on ignore then. Ta.

Fact is though al-Aqua is a holy site, third holiest in the religion, and attacks on it and it’s worshippers should be viewed as a crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,084 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Igotadose wrote: »
    Go pile up some explosives and stand next to them as they ignite.

Then, if you can, go stand next to a canister of tear gas.

Is the experience different?
    Gaza protests: Eight-month-old Palestinian baby 'dies from tear gas inhalation' after ‘massacre’ at border

Can I borrow your baby for a minute, i want to conduct a harmless experiment?

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭agoodpunt

why do you bring a baby to a protest? oh maybe cant get a child minder

Overheal wrote: »
    Nope didn’t catch that context. But you make it hard to be civil in response about it when you go for the personal digs. If you have that much trouble with me simply put me on ignore then. Ta.

Your posts are, on occasion, insightful, so I'll keep skimming for nuggets. Ta.
    Fact is though al-Aqua is a holy site, third holiest in the religion, and attacks on it and it’s worshippers should be viewed as a crime.

I have no idea what happened altogether at Al-Aqsa today. Half the reports I've seen are "evil Israeli police STORM Al-Aqsa mosque as innocent Muslims try to pray and celebrate a truce" and the other half are "Israeli police use disbursement measures against rioting Muslims who stayed behind after prayers to chant and cause unrest over what they see as a victory over Israel". Paraphrasing. I'll wait for more.

agoodpunt wrote: »

Why do I get the feeling if a Palestinian mother ever left her baby alone with someone else in Israel she would never see it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭thomas 123

Why are the “police”(heavily armed thugs with automatic rifles and military helmets along with stun gernades) breaking up a crowd at a mosque?

What’s the exact reason?

Your posts are, on occasion, insightful, so I'll keep skimming for nuggets. Ta.

I have no idea what happened altogether at Al-Aqsa today. Half the reports I've seen are "evil Israeli police STORM Al-Aqsa mosque as innocent Muslims try to pray and celebrate a truce" and the other half are "Israeli police use disbursement measures against rioting Muslims who stayed behind after prayers to chant and cause unrest over what they see as a victory over Israel". Paraphrasing. I'll wait for more.

Imagine the horror of chanting and making your beliefs known at a religious site. The horror. Free speech doesn’t exist at religious sites the Muslims should obviously know that

Imagine the horror of chanting and making your beliefs known at a religious site. The horror. Free speech doesn’t exist at religious sites the Muslims should obviously know that

You (I'm sure unintentionally) skipped over the "rioting" part there.

In any case, the point remains that neither you nor I know exactly what happened, so I'll wait until more information is available. Emotional reactions amidst a dearth of knowledge are just not my thing.

In any case, the point remains that neither you nor I know exactly what happened, so I'll wait until more information is available. Emotional reactions amidst a dearth of knowledge are just not my thing.

Who would there be to riot against if they were just left alone at their holy site?

Who would there be to riot against if they were just left alone at their holy site?

What are you doing? Like, what are you going for here?

I told you that I don't know what happened there and will wait until more information comes out. No more information has come out yet.

• Advertisement

I told you that I don't know what happened there and will wait until more information comes out. No more information has come out yet.

There has been plenty of videos of families getting stun gernades thrown at them? Any need?

I think it was obvious my question was rhetorical. Again, I invite you to ignore me if you are going to filter everything I say as some kind of assault on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,585 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

agoodpunt wrote: »

Children are present at protests in Ireland all the time.

Children are present at protests in Ireland all the time.

All over the world. Most people go to protests to be peaceful at them.

thomas 123 wrote: »
    There has been plenty of videos of families getting stun gernades thrown at them? Any need?

Good question. And one I've already said I don't have an answer to yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

All over the world. Most people go to protests to be peaceful at them.

I think we have seen plenty examples over the last year or so, of the authorities being the ones who actually kick off violence by attacking protesters, and using any violent retaliation to justify the violence they actually started......

• Registered Users Posts: 25,585 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

The IDF were caught throwing grenades at ambulances as they attempted to take civilians to hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,302 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Do you have proof of this rioting?

• Registered Users Posts: 52,012 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Almost the entire world is now on the side of the poor tortured people of Palestine after witnessing the terrible atrocities committed against them by the Israelis on every news bulletin.
    Many of the US politicians have come out to voice opinions on the terror and the same from politicians worldwide. Public opinion is now heavily on the Palestinian side.

Israel has lost heavily politically and the eyes of the world is on their every move and will be from now on. My bet is that they’ll have to stop evicting Palestinians from their homes and stealing their land.

It’s very sad that it took the deaths of so many innocents to make that happen.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Do you have proof of this rioting?

lol

• Advertisement

lol

So no.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,302 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

lol

Hilarious isn't it. So you have proof or not?

So no.

I have spent this ENTIRE PAGE and possibly some of the previous one saying that I don't have a full picture of what happened yet.

Did I ****ing stutter?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Almost the entire world is now on the side of the poor tortured people of Palestine after witnessing the terrible atrocities committed against them by the Israelis on every news bulletin.
    Many of the US politicians have come out to voice opinions on the terror and the same from politicians worldwide. Public opinion is now heavily on the Palestinian side.

Israel has lost heavily politically and the eyes of the world is on their every move and will be from now on. My bet is that they’ll have to stop evicting Palestinians from their homes and stealing their land.

You, Sir, are an optimist. They've done far worse in the past and its been carry on regardless. The best any of us can do is support BDS and boycotts of Israel, cultural and sporting.

I have spent this ENTIRE PAGE and possibly some of the previous one saying that I don't have a full picture of what happened yet.

Did I ****ing stutter?

Well you have proof already? What are your thoughts based on the current evidence?

What further information are you waiting for?

I assume if you’re going to argue that there was rioting that you have some evidence of there being rioting. Especially when accusing others of ‘skipping over the “rioting.”’

If one has no evidence of rioting I posit they shouldn’t be leveling such remarks at other users for “skipping over” something they themselves have no evidence of.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

I assume if you’re going to argue that there was rioting that you have some evidence of there being rioting. Especially when accusing others of ‘skipping over the “rioting.”’

If one has no evidence of rioting I posit they shouldn’t be leveling such remarks at other users for “skipping over” something they themselves have no evidence of.

Also, all the news sources apparently missed it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

To be fair, I think the world has been looking on with disgust at what Israel has been doing for several decades now, but it doesn't seem to bother them in the slightest.

As long as the US has their back, they can continue on as normal.

I didn't argue that there was rioting, I said that I'd seen reports of rioting. In a post to you. Like, a direct response to you in this thread. And the post itself was a response to you quoting that post, and then commenting about "chanting and making your beliefs known" - which is a different thing to the rioting that I had already said was only something I had seen reported. At the same time as I said that I didn't know what had occurred in Al-Aqsa, and would wait for more information.

Again: what are you doing here? I'm at a loss to understand this post that completely misunderstands or seems not to have been present for the preceding discussion... but you were my interlocutor for much of it.

• Advertisement

Well you have proof already? What are your thoughts based on the current evidence?

What further information are you waiting for?

I have seen video that starts in the middle of what is obviously an ongoing situation, and regardless of how much you and others want to goad me into it, I am not going to pretend that I have the full facts of what occurred prior to the beginning of that video, nor am I going to react to the contents of the video until more information is available.

I don't know why anyone would.

My "thoughts" are meaningless without the relevant facts.

Advertisement