Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Israeli - Palestinian Conflict *Threadbans in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

If Israel were the baddies and the ones attacking Palestine for no reason, why would Palestine claim "victory"?

steddyeddy wrote: »
    You mean if Palestine had the resources they would do what Israel are doing now? Israel has literally tried to erase Palestine from the map.

What do you mean Israel have tried? Israel clearly haven't tried to do that. If Israel wanted to do it, they'd do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,585 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Pussyhands wrote: »
    What do you mean Israel have tried? Israel clearly haven't tried to do that. If Israel wanted to do it, they'd do it.

The only reason they haven't is because they would be shunned by the world.

But haven't the anti Israel crowd been saying they're an apartheid state and bombing Gaza for no reason? So why aren't they being shunned? Why would they be shunned for going a step further?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,585 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

But haven't the anti Israel crowd been saying they're an apartheid state and bombing Gaza for no reason? So why aren't they being shunned? Why would they be shunned for going a step further?

They are an apartheid state, the only reason they have any support from governments is because they have the US in thier back pocket using thier veto against any condemnation of thier sickening war crimes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,084 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Israel is steadily replacing Palestinian ownership with Israeli ownership. They are boiling the frog. This is core zionist doctrine dating back to the formation of the state. An all out assault would raise world condemnation to levels even the US couldn't shield them from.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

They are an apartheid state, the only reason they have any support from governments is because they have the US in thier back pocket using thier veto against any condemnation of thier sickening war crimes.

I think they have much more of support.

I keep reading this thread, but feck me, there's no discussion here at all. Cards been dealt since day one. Israel is a bad guy, Palestinians are good guys. None of us are living on any side of this conflict, yet plenty of posters here knows it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,457 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

If Israel were the baddies and the ones attacking Palestine for no reason, why would Palestine claim "victory"?

I refer you to Donald Trump and the Big Lie.

People claiming victory doesn't mean they are victorious.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Protests happening in Tel Aviv in support of peace and in solidarity with the Palestinian people.
    Calling for security and peace for both peoples, and against Israeli policy.

These are Left groupings in Israel and Arab residents.

Al Jazeera reporting.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Who is going to pay for the necessary reconstruction in Gaza?
    So much damage done.

• Advertisement

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Who is going to pay for the necessary reconstruction in Gaza?
    So much damage done.

Hamas.

Started with water pipes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

xhomelezz wrote: »
    I think they have much more of support.

I keep reading this thread, but feck me, there's no discussion here at all. Cards been dealt since day one. Israel is a bad guy, Palestinians are good guys. None of us are living on any side of this conflict, yet plenty of posters here knows it all.

I have seen many changes in the situation except for Israel's consistent theft of land and property and murder of women and children. They have broken ceasefires and agreements . They refuse to stick to the tenents of the Oslo Accords and the Geneva Convention which was set up to ensure the holocaust and the ill treatment of occupied peoples never happens again.

The belligerent occupation of Palestine is a disgrace to both Israel and their backers, the US. Biden will not help the Palestinian people in any way because he is another AIPAC drone, doing what he is told, Also the so called leaders of Palestine have served their people badly. Abbas is also bought and paid for by the US on behalf of Israel.

Israel is also not the Christian lover it tries to make itself to be. It is a show to get Christian tourist dollars into their coffers. I have Palestinian Christian friends in the West Bank and they too have had businesses and lands taken from them . The churches are regularly attacked , damaged and set alight by settlers and Israeli youth with police and IOF looking on.

Jerusalem is just 9 km from Bethlehem and clergy taking masses and services in both cities are often refused travel passes to tend to their churches. It's just sheer maliciousness from Israel to make their work difficult. Only a couple of weeks ago a priest was refused a permit to officiate at a funeral of one of his parishoners . No reasons were given.

Thats my bit for now and only the tip of the iceberg of Israel's malice and viciousness.

I'm always happy when someone points me for more education. It's always nice to meet more educated person.

steddyeddy wrote: »
    You mean if Palestine had the resources they would do what Israel are doing now? Israel has literally tried to erase Palestine from the map.

You and I both know that Israel could wipe Palestine off the map if they wanted to. It'd be done and dusted in a week.
    It is also portrayed as being very complex and intractable. It is neither of those things. It is no war, it is colonial conquest. An oppressed and dispossessed people at the mercy of a much more heavily armed and technological superior force which views them as disposable.

I agree, it isn't complex. The Palestinian people want to blast Israel out of existence; you can't deny that, and the people of Israel want to defend their country. I believe that they have the right to do that.

They have always been shunned.

tara2k wrote: »
    You and I both know that Israel could wipe Palestine off the map if they wanted to. It'd be done and dusted in a week.

This is war. There is no equality, and they don't have to be.

I agree, it isn't complex. The Palestinian people want to blast Israel out of existence; you can't deny that, and the people of Israel want to defend their country. I believe that they have the right to do that.

Israel knows that if they committed wholesale genocide that they would lose a lot of support around the world. The US would lose a lot of their credibility too if they condoned it.

I disagree with your assertion that Palestinians want to "blast Israel out of existence". The majority of Palestinians agreed they would accept Israel if they went back to 1967 borders/ The green Line. Israel ignored them and continued their belligerent occupation, making not the slightest effort to come to any agreement . They won't stop until they have all of Palestine

paulaa wrote: »
    Israel knows that if they committed wholesale genocide that they would lose a lot of support around the world. The US would lose a lot of their credibility too if they condoned it.

I disagree with your assertion that Palestinians want to "blast Israel out of existence". The majority of Palestinians agreed they would accept Israel if they went back to 1967 borders/ The green Line. Israel ignored them and continued their belligerent occupation, making not the slightest effort to come to any agreement . They won't stop until they have all of Palestine

As an uneducated person, I would love to see how that would go.

What support? They have no support in Europe as is.
    I disagree with your assertion that Palestinians want to "blast Israel out of existence".

It isn't my assertion. The 'Zionist enemy' has been under attack for decades.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,427 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

The only hope there is of any peaceful resolution to this is if the US withdraw support to Israel unless it grants full and equal rights to the Palestinians to vote in a single secular state that includes everyone

That’s not gonna happen though because this world is an extremely fuc ked up place

The only other resolution is if Israel just get on with it and complete the ethnic cleansing project. A final solution

Otherwise it’s just going to go on like this for decades

xhomelezz wrote: »
    As an uneducated person, I would love to see how that would go.

It was never going to happen because Israel has Oded Yinon plan (Greater Israel plan) and will not veer from it.

The “Greater Israel” project consists in weakening and eventually fracturing neighboring Arab states as part of a US-Israeli expansionist project, with the support of NATO and Saudi Arabia. In this regard, the Saudi-Israeli rapprochement is from Netanyahu’s viewpoint a means to expanding Israel’s spheres of influence in the Middle East as well as confronting Iran. Needless to day, the “Greater Israel” project is consistent with America’s imperial design.

“Greater Israel” consists in an area extending from the Nile Valley to the Euphrates.,

“A near-century ago, the World Zionist Organization’s plan for a Jewish state included:

• historic Palestine;

• South Lebanon up to Sidon and the Litani River;

• Syria’s Golan Heights, Hauran Plain and Deraa; and

• control of the Hijaz Railway from Deraa to Amman, Jordan as well as the Gulf of Aqaba.

Some Zionists wanted more – land from the Nile in the West to the Euphrates in the East, comprising Palestine, Lebanon, Western Syria and Southern Turkey.”

1+greater-israel-map4.jpg

• Advertisement

Akrasia wrote: »
    The only hope there is of any peaceful resolution to this is if the US withdraw support to Israel unless it grants full and equal rights to the Palestinians to vote in a single secular state that includes everyone

And if that isn't enough for the Palestinians? It is the only way forward for the Palestinians. They are never going to terrorize the Israelis into submission.

What support? They have no support in Europe as is.

It isn't my assertion. The 'Zionist enemy' has been under attack for decades.

They have plenty of support in Europe and around the world. France, Germany, the UK and Hungary in particular. This pity party is not fooling anyone and people are tired of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

...but do you think that the Palestinians have the right to defend themselves against Israeli expansionism?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,427 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

And if that isn't enough for the Palestinians? It is the only way forward for the Palestinians. They are never going to terrorize the Israelis into submission.

Palestinians have never known equality. To be treated as equals would be a massive win for them. The blocker is not whether Palestinians would agree to this, the blocker is that the zionists would have to forego their Jewish state where non Jews are 2nd class citizens , and they will never agree to that

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Fuascailteoir

Odhinn wrote: »
    ...but do you think that the Palestinians have the right to defend themselves against Israeli expansionism?

A post like that always seems to go unanswered

A post like that always seems to go unanswered

Yes. The silence is deafening .

There would be no point in coming here or any forum if you hadn't educated yourself and studied the causes of the conflict.

That doesn't make much sense to me. One of the most frequent reasons to register for a forum is to talk about things you don't know enough about, and are asking people for their view/experience.

Good video that spells out the US conflicts of interest without antisemitism

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Akrasia wrote: »

That’s not gonna happen though because this world is an extremely fuc ked up place

The only other resolution is if Israel just get on with it and complete the ethnic cleansing project. A final solution

Otherwise it’s just going to go on like this for decades

The annoying thing about it is that not one American president or even candidate would stand up to Isreal and say this is wrong,stop flying over American Jews to take over whatever little sh*t space they have left.

The likes of Obama,Clinton and Biden etc are more culpable in this than the Isrealis and all to attain power for themselves,there is not a decent principled politician among them despite their rhetoric.

They will give out mealy mouthed platitudes after they have used the Jewish lobby blood money and support for their two terms though and pretend to be honest brokers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,587 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

tipptom wrote: »
    The annoying thing about it is that not one American president or even candidate would stand up to Isreal and say this is wrong,stop flying over American Jews to take over whatever little sh*t space they have left.

The likes of Obama,Clinton and Biden etc are more culpable in this than the Isrealis and all to attain power for themselves,there is not a decent principled politician among them despite their rhetoric.

Not Bush I, II, Reagan? JFK? Eisenhower? Nixon?
    Consistent misspelling of Israel is usually a sign of an agenda.

Advertisement