Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Israeli - Palestinian Conflict *Threadbans in OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,497 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Igotadose wrote: »
    Classic subtle anti-semitism in the above. "It's the Jews." No, it's the Israeli government.

Get up yard with that crap. :pac:

The term "Jews" was used because that's what the poster I was responding to used.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

xhomelezz wrote: »
    This. Just as pointless as mentioning Belsen by other poster.

What's wrong with critisising someone for bringing concentration camps for Zionists into the debate? It's horrible and not necessary.

In terms of blind Israeli supporters they don't need any excuse to play the anti semtism card as they cannot rationally defend Israeli land grabbing and atrocities so it's the only move they have.

How is this plainly anti semitic Post still up. Will I get a yellow card for moderating or will you call out this antisemitism

It was yellow carded, quit your bellyaching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,146 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

How is this plainly anti semitic Post still up. Will I get a yellow card for moderating or will you call out this antisemitism

I’ll ask you again.
    Do you think that the Israelis are committing a crime by throwing Palestinians from their homes and land and then handing it over to settlers?

Answer please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭paulaa

You are doing your cause no good by parroting "Anti semitism" at every post. You are also belittling people who have suffered genuine anti semitism .
    Stop and think about the damage you are doing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭LMHC

Take a night off. I got a warning for trolling, I wasn't trolling it was my opinion. I should of just kept it surpressed.

I’ll ask you again.
    Do you think that the Israelis are committing a crime by throwing Palestinians from their homes and land and then handing it over to settlers?

Answer please.

Don't bother, he votes Tory, no point asking him to be rational.

Philco71 wrote: »

Watched this earlier. Very moving. I've tried to take in opposite points of view on this thread but in the end to me it comes back to what Gabor Maté says in this video. The truth is out there, its just that not everyone is ready to see it.

One other thing, actions by the Israeli government deserve nothing but condemnation by all means but its very easy for this to turn into accusations of anti-semitism. There are many noble people like Gabor who are standing up for Palestinian rights. He just happens to be Jewish. Please dont refer to Israeli crimes as 'Jewish'. Thats the trap that a lot of people fall into.

Great video, thanks for that.

Anyone supporting Israeli atrocities and who might think of themselves having an intelligent brain please look at this.

No way you could support them after unless you are brainwashed.

Philco71 wrote: »

The most important point here that Gabor Maté makes is "Once I became aware of this...".

It's clear that there are some people, including some on this thread, that simply don't WANT to be aware of what Israel is doing to the Palestinians. It's absolutely impossible to ignore if you're a genuine thinking person.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

I’ll ask you again.

Answer please.

The question you ask is loaded with inflammatory language. Its not a fair question. If the Palestinians own the land then yes I think there would be a crime if they were thrown off it. If they were renting it then no. Many If not all of these evictions are from rented houses.

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

• Advertisement

Tony EH wrote: »
    The most important point here that Gabor Maté makes is "Once I became aware of this...".

It's clear that there are some people, including some on this thread, that simply don't WANT to be aware of what Israel is doing to the Palestinians. It's absolutely impossible to ignore if you're a genuine thinking person.

Russell Brand has been 'off the reservation' for many years. A left wing loon masquerading as a mental health guru..all Mary Robison hand movements and nodding
    donkey head 'empathy'. Like our own 'Blindboy boat club' an inspiring mental health advocate with a plastic shopping bag on his head. He steps back from topics he has no knowledge of but then gets someone to parrots his views while staying a step back...

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,131 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Russell Brand has been 'off the reservation' for many years. A left wing loon masquerading as a mental health guru..all Mary Robison hand movements and nodding
    donkey head 'empathy'. Like our own 'Blindboy boat club' an inspiring mental health advocate with a plastic shopping bag on his head. He steps back from topics he has no knowledge of but then gets someone to parrots his views while staying a step back...
    Your post is a combination of copy and paste quotes

The question you ask is loaded with inflammatory language. Its not a fair question. If the Palestinians own the land then yes I think there would be a crime if they were thrown off it. If they were renting it then no. Many If not all of these evictions are from rented houses.

Inflammatory???
    I’ve seen videos of them being pushed by soldiers using the barrels of their guns to shove them along. These were not rented houses either, that’s just deflection.
    But at least you have called them crimes, a step in the right direction for you.

Have you a source for your claim that the land/houses are rented and from who they are rented?

I was commenting of what Gabor Maté said. Not Russell Brand.

Well done on yet another failure of comprehension in this thread. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,103 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Not true.
    The West Bank came under Jordanian mandate and, in 1956, Jordan and the UN’s Relief and Works Agency agreed to build houses for 28 displaced Palestinian families in the East Jerusalem neighbourhood of Sheikh Jarrah.

Then, in the Six-Day War of 1967, Jordan lost its mandate and Israel captured East Jerusalem.Three years later, Israel passed a law allowing Jews to reclaim property they owned in East Jerusalem before 1948. There is no comparable law for Palestinians.

Jewish settler organisations began laying claim to Sheikh Jarrah shortly after, saying it belonged to Jewish groups back in 1885.

The Israeli courts agreed and a long-running legal battle began to try to remove the Palestinians.

In 1991, the court recognised them as protected tenants, not as owners. But they could face eviction by the Jewish associations. The families say they never consented to this.
    https://www.sbs.com.au/news/this-palestinian-family-is-facing-eviction-after-65-years-in-their-jerusalem-home

The UN relief agency built those houses.

We are talking of families that have lived in those homes for 65 years. Israel illegaly annexed swathes of East Jerusalem - ignores international laws, then passes it's own laws and says those should be considered valid and be respected.

Israel's seizure of East Jerusalem is illegal, theirfore the laws they pass relating to the lands, and the houses in question, are themselves illegal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,131 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

The 6 day war was the gift that keeps on giving

• Registered Users Posts: 8,136 ✭✭✭Odhinn

The every day struggles of Palestinian farmers against state sanctioned sabotage and vandalism
    On Tuesday morning, 4 May 2021, at 7:00 A.M., I went to my land as usual to harvest the crops. I had 10 days left to pick the zucchini, tomatoes and lettuce I planted this February. But when I got there, I discovered that settlers had damaged some of the irrigation pipes and crops. They’d also spilled the fertilizer and cut parts of the greenhouses’ plastic sheeting. I felt helpless. I couldn’t hold back and started crying. I’d taken out loans to build the greenhouses and buy the equipment and seedlings. When I walked around to assess the damage, I found a kippah lying on one of the seedlings.
    While I was building the greenhouses, the settlement guard came and threatened me that if I didn’t dismantle them, he’d do it himself. I will never forget his words.
    https://www.btselem.org/settler_violence_updates?update=213490

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,305 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I know this news isn’t directly related to the conflict that happened but NBC news are reporting that prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu's time as prime minister could be coming to an end and the opposition parties have agreed to work together to form a government.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,863 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I know this news isn’t directly related to the conflict that happened but NBC news are reporting that prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu's time as prime minister could be coming to an end and the opposition parties have agreed to work together to form a government.

WaPo corroborates. The opposition parties appear to have enough votes secured to unseat Bibi.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/israel-netanyahu-bennett-lapid/2021/05/30/af2df7b4-c11d-11eb-922a-c40c9774bc48_story.html

• Advertisement

Following on from post 3379, the Israeli state tacitly supports these acts of violence against Palestinians in the OT in order to facilitate its expansionist aims.

Relations between settlers and Palestinians often echo Israel’s system of control over the Palestinians, with its hallmark hostility and sense of superiority. Attacks by Israeli civilians against Palestinians and their property are commonplace throughout the West Bank.

These acts of violence and vandalism, also referred to as “ideologically motivated crime,” are strategically motivated. The objective is to instill fear in the heart of Palestinians and create a real threat in order to dispossess Palestinians of their land and confine them to increasingly smaller areas of the West Bank.

In order to achieve this objective, settlers employ various forms of violence in Palestinian spaces – village streets, schools, public buildings and even homes – has proliferated. Secluded homes and structures, and those located near settlements, unauthorized outposts or access roads, have become standing, preferred, targets. Attacks on Palestinians and their property take a physical, financial, social and psychological toll on Palestinians, especially when they are widespread.

https://www.yesh-din.org/en/position-paper-settler-crime-and-violence-inside-palestinian-communities-2017-2020/

Very true but nothing we didn’t already know.
    It’s death by a thousand cuts.

Overheal wrote: »
    WaPo corroborates. The opposition parties appear to have enough votes secured to unseat Bibi.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/israel-netanyahu-bennett-lapid/2021/05/30/af2df7b4-c11d-11eb-922a-c40c9774bc48_story.html

Any sign of Palestinian elections? I think Fatah have cancelled them a few times in the West Bank. Suppose Hamas in Gaza will have an election where numbers 1 to 8 are all Hamas members. Or wait no elections at all.

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

Any sign of Palestinian elections? I think Fatah have cancelled them a few times in the West Bank. Suppose Hamas in Gaza will have an election where numbers 1 to 8 are all Hamas members. Or wait no elections at all.

What is your stance on the various colonies set up by Israel in the occupied territories?

How many Palestinians children had to die to keep Netanyahu in power over the last number of years?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Odhinn wrote: »
    What is your stance on the various colonies set up by Israel in the occupied territories?

Sure aren't the Palestinian areas colonies in themselves? Back around the time of the plantations in Ireland the Jews were being made second class citizens or forced to convert to Islam after being let off for a while.

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    Sure aren't the Palestinian areas colonies in themselves? Back around the time of the plantations in Ireland the Jews were being made second class citizens or forced to convert to Islam after being let off for a while.

What nonsense is this supposed to be?

What is your opinion of the colonies in the OT?

For all the talk of "genocide", "ethnic cleansing", "open concentration camps" etc.

I've just seen two videos that contradicts the narrative:

1. Hamas doing a victory parade through the streets on armoured vehicles armed to the teeth
    2. A drone video of hundreds of Palestinian families enjoying a nice day at the seaside. But yeah - it's just like Auschwitz apparently.

Honestly I think people need to question what they read a little bit more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,637 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

For all the talk of "genocide", "ethnic cleansing", "open concentration camps" etc.

I've just seen two videos that contradicts the narrative:

1. Hamas doing a victory parade through the streets on armoured vehicles armed to the teeth
    2. A drone video of hundreds of Palestinian families enjoying a nice day at the seaside. But yeah - it's just like Auschwitz apparently.

Honestly I think people need to question what they read a little bit more.

Link to the videos?

Are they recent?

What's the context?

• Advertisement
Advertisement