Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Israeli - Palestinian Conflict *Threadbans in OP*

Options

Comments

Joe Biden was on the phone to Bibi there.

He said the Germans need to stop bombing Pearl Harbour.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Samsonsmasher

Well what do you know?
    The pals are looking for a ceasefire now.
    The IDF wasted a lot of their top guys and the stupid idiots who operate the launchers who got turned into extra crispy.

moceri wrote: »
    Throwing Grenades at an Ambulance is wrong in any situation.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/COxwDYdpSHU

What would you expect from a pig but a grunt.

I'm not quite sure you understand the religious significance of this location to all 3 faiths.

Suggesting that Muslims should relinquish this holy site due to having others is bananas, having "a Mosque in Jerusalem" is grossly understating it's significance.

I'm not in the least bit religious but whatever your suggestion is, it's ba.na.nas.

My point is that for Jews there is only one Temple Mount, Western Wall. This is the ultimate holy ground for Jews. The Al-Aqsa mosque, while important for muslims, is one of many sacred grounds, and is not as important as Mecca or Medina, for example.

My point it, there is nowhere else for Jews to go to in order to have a homeland.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Israel has been attacked literally from Day 1 of its existence. Personally after WW2 I have some sympathy and think they deserve a country of their own. They've been invaded 3 times since their founding in 1948. They are not the abuser..

Given the settlements/colonies, they most certainly are
    They've been defending themselves since 1948,
    Settlement building and land confiscation are not acts of self defence but clearly aggression.

They have a mosque in Jerusalem but it's importance has been elevated through propaganda so that people think it's as equally important to them as the Temple Mount it to Jews.

It's the second most sacred in Islam.

• Advertisement

Edz87 wrote: »

Come on Man!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,541 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Israel has been attacked literally from Day 1 of its existence. Personally after WW2 I have some sympathy and think they deserve a country of their own. They've been invaded 3 times since their founding in 1948. They are not the abuser.

They've been defending themselves since 1948, and frankly I don't blame them. Jews have only one religious sacred ground, Jerusalem. There is literally nowhere else for them. Muslims, by contrast, have mecca in Saudi Arabia as the centre of their universe. They have a mosque in Jerusalem but it's importance has been elevated through propaganda so that people think it's as equally important to them as the Temple Mount it to Jews.

That’s some nonsense. Sure Israel started the 6 day war.
    Israel is a terrorist state. The only state in the world where citizenship is granted via religion. The only state were a person born on the opposite side of the world is giving more rights than people native to the land

ted1 wrote: »
    That’s some nonsense. Sure Israel started the 6 day war.
    Israel is a terrorist state. The only state in the world e we here citizenship is granted via religion. The only state were a person born on the opposite side of the world is giving more rights than people native to the land

They have breached international law every single year since the Brits gave them someone else's land.

If they want a "homeland" they can go back to Eastern Europe and state their case there

Seeing Netanyahu on the news reminded me of a book I read recently.

Netanyahu's brother died on a heroic mission to free Jewish hostages held captive in Uganda by Palestinian's who hijacked a plane and diverted it to a country friendly to their interests, led by the genius Idi Amin.

Israel's history is chock full of examples of where they cannot rely on anyone but themselves to secure their security. Munich in 1972 would be another example.

I'm reminded of Jack Nicholson in A Few Good Men:

Col. Jessup : Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know; that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, *saves lives*. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a *damn* what you think you are entitled to!

• Registered Users Posts: 83,443 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Here I was told that Trump ushered in peace?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Housefree

• Registered Users Posts: 86,757 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

RIP all the innocent victims

I'm reminded of Jack Nicholson in A Few Good Men:

...except with Israel men guard walls in order for others to grab land and build on it.

They have breached international law every single year since the Brits gave them someone else's land.

If they want a "homeland" they can go back to Eastern Europe and state their case there

"Go back" to Eastern Europe? Where exactly should they go?

And what if they are then told to "go back" further by Eastern European countries, they end up back in the same place in Israel. Then what?

Netanyahu's brother died on a heroic mission to free Jewish hostages held captive in Uganda by Palestinian's who hijacked a plane and diverted it to a country friendly to their interests, led by the genius Idi Amin.

Was that the part where the CO pats him on the back and he actually became Captain America, or is it too soon for the Red Skull reveal?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

My point is that for Jews there is only one Temple Mount, Western Wall. This is the ultimate holy ground for Jews. The Al-Aqsa mosque, while important for muslims, is one of many sacred grounds, and is not as important as Mecca or Medina, for example.

My point it, there is nowhere else for Jews to go to in order to have a homeland.

And your point makes zero difference. Muslims believe that the Prophet Muhammed ascended to heaven from this location....it's highly important to Muslims, indeed the western wall is connected to Muhammed also.

I can't ever see a situation where this holy site will ever be voluntarily relinquished.

"Go back" to Eastern Europe? Where exactly should they go?

And what if they are then told to "go back" further by Eastern European countries, they end up back in the same place in Israel. Then what?

Not my problem

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Samsonsmasher

Israelis are not going to lose a wink of sleep over some of the posters venting here as if ragging on Israel is going to make a wit of difference to the conflict playing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

https://twitter.com/theIMEU/status/1392553800070750210?s=20

Zionists attacking Palestinians in the streets, destroying Palestinians property. All over twitter videos of people being lynching, apparently including one Jewish man who Zionists mistook for a Palestinians.

Also, this grotesque video:
    https://twitter.com/theIMEU/status/1392561129025642507?s=20

Israelis are not going to lose a wink of sleep over some of the posters venting here as if ragging on Israel is going to make a wit of difference to the conflict playing out.

Bet they are

• Advertisement

So what if that was the case?

Let genocide go unmentioned?

Not my problem

Exactly. It's Israel's problem to deal with as they see fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,541 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Last weeks news or this weeks? He was on trial last week.
    Wouldn’t put it last him to kill a few Palestinians to try and win favour

www.newyorker.com/news/daily-comment/netanyahu-on-trial-and-trying-to-form-a-government-is-promoting-his-own-big-lie/amp

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.rte.ie/amp/1208010/

Exactly. It's Israel's problem to deal with as they see fit.

...regardless of international law, against the geneva conventions, protected by the US. Apartheid South Africa was in much the same position until world pressure created change. Given the growth of the BDS movement, its quite possible a decade or two will see a similar fate befall Israel.

Why do you refuse to speak on the settlements/colonies in the occupied territories?

Odhinn wrote: »
    ...regardless of international law, against the geneva conventions, protected by the US. Apartheid South Africa was in much the same position until world pressure created change. Given the growth of the BDS movement, its quite possible a decade or two will see a similar fate befall Israel.

Why do you refuse to speak on the settlements/colonies in the occupied territories?

It doesn't interest him to argue that and to be utterly stark he's not wrong: Israel is currently enabled to respond in whatever proportion it wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Ceasefire or no ceasefire over the next few days, Friday may very well see significant escalation.

Unconfirmed reports of Israeli citizens attempting to hang Palestinians.

Nakba day is shaping up to be a really bad day.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭livia21

Just seen the videos of some Zionist youth lynching a man whilst Israeli police stand by..Foking barbaric savages

• Registered Users Posts: 18,302 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Why are you here trying to justify it so? I doubt the Israelis give a flying fook about your opinion.

Odhinn wrote: »

Yeah and look at the basket case South Africa is becoming as a result.

RE the settlements/colonies.......honestly I'm not a fan, I would ideally like to see defence being purely defensive. However considering the level of hatred and hostility directed towards them, I have some sympathy for them wanting to create a bit of a buffer zone between themselves and their neighbours/rocket launchers. No amount of appeasement by Israel will win them any favour with the Arabs. Any weakness will be pounced upon. So I can understand a little bit why they give zero F's and do what they have to do.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 273 ✭✭Hqrry113

For jaysus sake Palestinians organise yourselves get your rockets out, plant your bombs, load your guns and make the Israelis pay!

And for God sake if your down for it don't just blow yourself up, organise, attack then run away and live to fight another day.

Advertisement