Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Israeli - Palestinian Conflict *Threadbans in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,583 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

DubInMeath wrote: »
    The International Criminal Court perhaps, but given Israel doesn't recognise its authority, they wouldn't care what they say on the matter.

Do the Palestinians abide by ICC rulings? Inquiring minds want to know...

Igotadose wrote: »

Have they made any ruling other than Palestine falls under their jurisdiction, which Israel rejects?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

Igotadose wrote: »

It is absolutely the case that Palestine has requested the ICC be allowed to investigate war crimes in Gaza. It's israel that doesn't want it to happen.

https://www.hrw.org/news/2021/02/06/israel/palestine-icc-judges-open-door-formal-probe

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Reports from Gaza's residents of IDF assault on Gaza:
    https://twitter.com/Omar_Gaza/status/1404928267434536968?s=20

Seem to have stopped thankfully.

Looks like Israel has once again violated the "cease" fire, not that they ever respected it at all, as violence was ongoing in East Jerusalem and the West Bank.

It will likely go unremarked upon by the international community, just like the march through East Jerusalem with extremist Israelis chanting "Death to Arabs" once again.

• Registered Users Posts: 52,010 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The murder machine rolls on.

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/AJEnglish/status/1404937439974670336?s=20

"Incendiary" balloons...... :rolleyes: I guess when they don't have rockets debris, they have to make up something absurd like this.

The apartheid scum at it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭OneMan37

It's sad that Hamas have broke the ceasefire by launching incendiary balloons or bomb laden balloons. Sadly for the innocent Palestinians and people of Israel, Hamas are incapable of abiding by a ceasefire. Israel's new PM did warn the Palestinians that they would have to defend themselves from such Molotov Cocktails so Hamas knew exactly what they were doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,443 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Any evidence of these “balloons?”

Wouldn’t be surprised to see it be Chinese lanterns launched by some kids or something. IDF happy to have any provocation to Bomb the other semites though.

The BBC and others reported and I quote ''Several balloons, causing multiple fires, were sent from Gaza into Israel earlier on Tuesday.'' Deny if you wish, but we all know that many still deny the holocaust.

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »
    Any evidence of these “balloons?”

Even if their were balloons, they would have had to have been launched by Hamas specifically to justify retaliation (and be actual weapons....), otherwise Hamas could claim any violence by a settler e.g. burning Olive trees as violating the ceasefire (which btw happened recently), and we have seen constant violence from the IDF in the West Bank. Israel never actually adhered to the cease fire to begin with.

OneMan37 wrote: »
    The BBC and others reported and I quote ''Several balloons, causing multiple fires, were sent from Gaza into Israel earlier on Tuesday.'' Deny if you wish, but we all know that many still deny the holocaust.

What does Holocaust denial have to do with asking for more than word of mouth that this balloon strike happened in 2021 where even in war torn Gaza, they have camera phones. Please explain

What does Holocaust denial have to do with asking for more than word of mouth that this balloon strike happened in 2021 where even in war torn Gaza, they have camera phones. Please explain

The IDF has lied to the media before, so I think it valid to expect a bit more proof.

wes wrote: »
    The IDF has lied to the media before, so I think it valid to expect a bit more proof.

Bingo.

Also as a PSA, don't try to imply I deny the holocaust. Ad hominem in very poor taste and without any provocation or rational basis.

The mail and others have shown several burnt out fields and many eye witnesses, witnessed these balloons being launched and landing on Israeli soil.

Shown of France24 is a Palestinian protester throwing a burning projectile towards Israeli forces during a demonstration east of Gaza City.

We've so ''Far seen limited air strikes as a response to incendiary device fired into Israel land.'' France24.

''A Hamas spokesman said in a statement on Twitter that Palestinians would continue to pursue their "brave resistance and defend their rights and sacred sites" in Jerusalem.'' BBC News online.

Israel's fire service said the incendiary balloons launched earlier from Gaza had caused at least 20 fires in fields by communities in southern Israel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

The Hamas spokesman was probably in Dubai, well away from Palestinian firebombs or Israeli retaliation.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Annd9

The mail and others have shown several burnt out fields and many eye witnesses, witnessed these balloons being launched and landing on Israeli soil.

Shown of France24 is a Palestinian protester throwing a burning projectile towards Israeli forces during a demonstration east of Gaza City.

We've so ''Far seen limited air strikes as a response to incendiary device fired into Israel land.'' France24.

So by that rational, you would have no problem if the British government used drone strikes on rioters in Belfast recently because they threw multiple burning projectiles at security forces ?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

OK, see you in a week

And you're still banned from this thread when you get back

Mod

You are STILL thread banned.

Holiday increased to two weeks. Threadban still applies.

What's depressing is that in 20 years time we'll probably still be arguing over this cr@p. People see what they want to see, and ignore what they want to ignore.

What do people propose as a solution to Israel-Palestine? Open-ended question, not trying to play gotcha. I'm just trying to figure out what's the most practical and fair solution. In my opinion, Israel needs to stop building more settlements, give a bit of territory back in the West Bank maybe, and have some sort of DMZ in the hotly contested areas. Palestinians, e.g. Hamas, need to follow the route of the paramilitaries in NI. Ceasefire, followed by decommissioning of weapons.

Create 2 states, then immediately create a free trade deal between them. Become commercial partners. Would be a good start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,755 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Didn't take long for the new government to start bombing.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,584 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

https://twitter.com/AJEnglish/status/1404937439974670336?s=20

"Incendiary" balloons...... :rolleyes: I guess when they don't have rockets debris, they have to make up something absurd like this.

Probably some kids Chinese lantern

What do you need proof for? Even if there's proof it won't exactly alter your opinion so why pretend like it matters?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

What's depressing is that in 20 years time we'll probably still be arguing over this cr@p. People see what they want to see, and ignore what they want to ignore.

What do people propose as a solution to Israel-Palestine? Open-ended question, not trying to play gotcha. I'm just trying to figure out what's the most practical and fair solution. In my opinion, Israel needs to stop building more settlements, give a bit of territory back in the West Bank maybe, and have some sort of DMZ in the hotly contested areas. Palestinians, e.g. Hamas, need to follow the route of the paramilitaries in NI. Ceasefire, followed by decommissioning of weapons.

Create 2 states, then immediately create a free trade deal between them. Become commercial partners. Would be a good start.

The Israeli settlers won't give up their weapons so why would Hamas? Ordinary Palestinians who live and work in Israel can't legally own guns to defend themselves but settlers can and routinely fire at Palestinians as well as harassing them on a daily basis, knowing full well that the Israeli police and Army will protect them when a Palestinian fires back........... You can't seperate them when they all believe that they have legitimate claims to various bits of Jerusalem.......... Also,you are not seeing a rush of Arab countries offering Palestinians a bit of land to settle on. Egypt or Saudi could accommodate every Palestinian that was ever born, but they hate and fear them so that's not going to happen.Even Iran,which supplies Hamas,won't accept Palestinians. So how do you fix it?

https://twitter.com/joonsgenre/status/1405131769842704387?s=20

Muna Al Kurd arrested after being assaulted by an infamous Israeli settler living in a portion of her family home.. Let their be no doubt that Israel is a 100% responsible for its settlers. Utterly disgusting that this is allowed at all.

What do you need proof for?

To know whether what the IDF stated actually happened, so we can have an accurate view of events.
    Even if there's proof it won't exactly alter your opinion so why pretend like it matters?

It does matter, as if the IDF are shown to be liars, its another mark against any such future claims. So yeah, proof is important.

Stovepipe wrote: »
    Ordinary Palestinians who live and work in Israel can't legally own guns to defend themselves

Israel has restrictive gun laws that apply to all its citizens. What's your proof for the quoted?

https://www.loc.gov/law/help/firearms-control/israel.php

The Israeli settlers won't give up their weapons so why would Hamas?

Because Hamas are morally superior to Israeli settlers. That's according to the logic I am getting from many of the posts in this thread.
    Palestinians who live and work in Israel can't legally own guns to defend themselves but settlers can and routinely fire at Palestinians
    You mean Israel doesn't allow non-citizens to own guns. That seems like a sensible policy. Settlers "routinely" fire at Palestinians? That sounds like a bit of hyperbole.
    Also,you are not seeing a rush of Arab countries offering Palestinians a bit of land to settle on. Egypt or Saudi could accommodate every Palestinian that was ever born, but they hate and fear them so that's not going to happen.Even Iran,which supplies Hamas,won't accept Palestinians.

Why is it that none of the other Arab countries want anything to do with the Palestinians? It seems strange in what, according to the Western media, seems like such a righteous cause, yet the people you would most expect to support them turn their backs. I can't quite answer why that is.

Why is it that none of the other Arab countries want anything to do with the Palestinians? It seems strange in what, according to the Western media, seems like such a righteous cause, yet the people you would most expect to support them turn their backs. I can't quite answer why that is.

Israel offered to let Egypt retain control of Gaza. They didn't want it, funnily enough. I wonder why

• Advertisement

To know whether what the IDF stated actually happened, so we can have an accurate view of events.

It does matter, as if the IDF are shown to be liars, its another mark against any such future claims. So yeah, proof is important.

Why does it matter though? Even if there is proof it will be swiftly ignored and/or dismissed and the whataboutery of the settlements will be brought up to justify violence in Gaza, where there are no settlements.

I think the Gazans need to decide if it's worth risking their lives to fight for a bit of land far away from their territory. Surely saving lives should be the priority, rather than fighting over land.

Advertisement