Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Israeli - Palestinian Conflict *Threadbans in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

Step 1: Stop firing rockets. It does more harm to Gaza than good. There is absolutely NOTHING good that has come from this policy. So at the very least, they lose nothing by stopping the violence from their end.
    Step 2: Build a society in there. Israel and Egypt are only keeping a tight check on the border control because of the serious risk of Hamas and Islamic terrorists collaborating. If this risk dissipates, then Israel and Egypt would have no reason not to allow the controls to loosen. It's a vicious cycle. Hamas are the only ones who have the power to change it.

If they don't show some resistance to Israeli war crimes it's game over.

Israeli persecutions are why people under duress turned to Hamas in the first place. Same as people in the North who would have been burned out of their homes if they didn't resist turned to the provos in the 1960s/70s.

Overheal wrote: »
    Gazans are Palestinians. Israel tried to split Palestine in two, and it didn’t work. Nice try.

Yes but Gaza is run by Hamas, and the West Bank is run by Fatah, who don't exactly love each other. The unity is not so strong. If I was Gazan I'd be thinking hard about why Israel does retaliatory strikes on my local area, and not on the West Bank, and thinking about ideas on how to prevent that in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭landofthetree

0 Jewish people in Gaza.

Arabs in government in Israel.

Says it all.

Mimon wrote: »

Israeli persecutions are why people under duress turned to Hamas in the first place. Same as people in the North who would have been burned out of their homes if they didn't resist turned to the provos in the 1960s/70s.

The resistance of Hamas does more harm than good to Gaza. The retaliatory strikes are way more harmful to Gaza. How anyone thinks violence is an appropriate solution when you are so outgunned boggles the mind. I really think it's the soft bigotry of low expectations. I think people here subconsciously presume the Gazans are not capable of civil disobedience and non-violent resistance. In no other circumstances would they propose violence as a solution to a problem.

The difference to NI is that Israel are not occupying Gaza. They are in a different territory. I really don't think Israel wants to bomb Gaza for the good of their health. They are doing it because of constant rocket fire and other incendiary devices being sent their way. So why give oxygen to the fire.

0 Jewish people in Gaza.

Says it all.

It says a lot for sure. I think what most of the defenders of the Palestinians don't realise is that the people they are defending more than likely hate them as infidels and non-believers. They have this myopic fantasy view of them as virtuous victims who one day will reach the promised land and reward all the useful idiots in the West who did their bidding for them. Everyone wants to be on the right side of history.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,583 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

They could have voted for Fatah, but didn't. Why was that?

Also, no one ever talks about the Gaza/Egypt border issues (tunnels, smuggling.) Why are the Egyptians so brutal with their fellow Arabs? They're even building a wall. Could it be Hamas doesn't get on with the Egyptian government? Seems like a reasonable solution to let the Gazans expand into Egypt; I think that border is actually longer than the one with Israel.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭agoodpunt

Hama testing the new Israeli administration am sure with Irans seal of approval

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

It says a l(...............)of history.

You might get back to me on this
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=117441146&postcount=3691

Odhinn wrote: »
    The unrelenting campaign of violence is what made the gaza colonys unviable. Take a look at the West Bank and tell me what use "peace" has got them.

Israel is interested in expansion, not "peace".

who are these "islamic terrorists" ?

The same ones who blew up 30 odd Egyptian soldiers a few years ago:

https://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Egypt-begins-Gaza-border-evacuation-to-create-security-buffer-380182

• Registered Users Posts: 83,443 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Igotadose wrote: »
    They could have voted for Fatah, but didn't. Why was that?

Also, no one ever talks about the Gaza/Egypt border issues (tunnels, smuggling.) Why are the Egyptians so brutal with their fellow Arabs? They're even building a wall. Could it be Hamas doesn't get on with the Egyptian government? Seems like a reasonable solution to let the Gazans expand into Egypt; I think that border is actually longer than the one with Israel.

Why should they expand into egypt? What’s wrong with the two state solution already on the table

• Advertisement

0 Jewish people in Gaza.

Says it all.

I don’t follow what does it say that it’s okay to bomb Gaza because there’s only arabs to bomb there? Please clarify

Also do arabs enjoy all the same rights and privileges in Israel? I don’t think so. Their Basic Law is pretty explicit about Jewish people having more rights than anyone else there. What’s so great about an ethnostate?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭landofthetree

I don’t follow what does it say that it’s okay to bomb Gaza because there’s only arabs to bomb there? Please clarify

Also do arabs enjoy all the same rights and privileges in Israel? I don’t think so. Their Basic Law is pretty explicit about Jewish people having more rights than anyone else there. What’s so great about an ethnostate?

Irish people have more rights than EU citizens who are allowed to live here.

Arab citizens of Israel have full rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,583 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Why should they expand into egypt? What’s wrong with the two state solution already on the table

Just offering a different suggestion, is all. Never hear much about Gaza/Egypt other than "Egypt doesn't want them," essentially.

Full rights? There is no single other right a Jewish person has over any other Israeli citizen?

Igotadose wrote: »
    Just offering a different suggestion, is all. Never hear much about Gaza/Egypt other than "Egypt doesn't want them," essentially.

Any suggestion to just have the Palestinians give up their homes and leave is the suggestion to accept ethnic cleansing.

No group is mentioned in the article.

Also - The unrelenting campaign of violence is what made the gaza colonys unviable. Take a look at the West Bank and tell me what use "peace" has got them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

• Registered Users Posts: 25,584 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

And here's Israeli settlers starting fires and then the I.D.F blame Palestinians

https://www.haaretz.com/amp/middle-east-news/palestinians/.premium-israeli-army-blamed-palestinians-for-arson-by-settlers-then-a-video-emerged-1.7278047?__twitter_impression=true
    The Israeli military had originally claimed that only Palestinians set fire to West Bank fields, but changed versions after video released by NGO B'Tselem showed otherwise

IDF caught lying again. I wonder if their defenders will finally acknowledge this fact.

So by some posters logic, Ireland is an apartheid state.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

Fair play to you for standing by your opinions but you are jumping the shark with this post.

Fair play to you for standing by your opinions but you are jumping the shark with this post.

No I'm not. How is it wrong to describe Ireland as an apartheid state? Irish citizens have more rights than non-Irish citizens living in Ireland. I think describing Ireland as an apartheid state is hyperbole, but I am just using the same logic applied to Israel.

No I'm not. How is it wrong to describe Ireland as an apartheid state? Irish citizens have more rights than non-Irish citizens living in Ireland. I think describing Ireland as an apartheid state is hyperbole, but I am just using the same logic applied to Israel.

European people are not banned from entering/leaving Ireland, European people are not having vaccines withheld by Irish security forces, European people are not battered and shot at when they go to places of worship, European people are not seeing thier eleven year old children arrested or even worse shot at.

We get it, you love Israel but defending the I.D.F lowlife and the sickening way Israel treats the Palestinian people says an awful lot about you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

Ireland also has the luxury of not being surrounded by autocratic despots and manic headchoppers. All of whom would wipe Israel off the map at the first opportunity.

One of the reasons you cant compare Ireland to Israel.

Anther being water and food supply chains. Water shortages in the region was one of reasons Syria descended in to hell.

Biker79 wrote: »
    Ireland also has the luxury of not being surrounded by autocratic despots and manic headchoppers. All of whom would wipe Israel off the map at the first opportunity.

Israel has peace deals with both Jordan and the Egypt, and the arab peace initiative is still on the table. They also have a "normalization" (its a weapons sales deal really), with the UAE and Morocco. So the facts say otherwise, as per usual.

Honestly, this is starting to get really sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

wes wrote: »
    Israel has peace deals with both Jordan and the Egypt, and the arab peace initiative is still on the table. They also have a "normalization" (its a weapons sales deal really), with the UAE and Morocco. So the facts say otherwise, as per usual.

Honestly, this is starting to get really sad.

Its Iran and its proxies in Syria, Lebanon and Iraq that are the concern.

But you carry on cherry picking your facts, and ignore the pertinent ones.

Its Iran and its proxies in Syria, Lebanon and Iraq that are the concern.

But you carry on cherry picking your facts, and ignore the pertinent ones.

Isn't this exactly what the Pro Israel crowd do every day on here when israels treatment of Palestinians is highlighted?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Shebean

One of the reasons you cant compare Ireland to Israel.

Anther being water and food supply chains. Water shortages in the region was one of reasons Syria descended in to hell.

Do you think this attitude might play into that? They chose to set up Israel there.
    Maybe if Israel stopped stealing land and murdering they might make friends?
    Do you think the Israeli blockade helps or hinders those shortages?

Once again I ask - The unrelenting campaign of violence is what made the gaza colonys unviable. Take a look at the West Bank and tell me what use "peace" has got them.

• Advertisement

You realise that none of the millions of palestinians in the occupied territories have any vote or say in the Israeli knesset?

Advertisement