Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Israeli - Palestinian Conflict *Threadbans in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

If it meant my family's safety would be secure, I absolutely would turn the other cheek, yes.

No way do you mean that. I come in to your house and kick your family out and you'd do nothing. BS

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Biker79 wrote: »
    Its Iran and its proxies in Syria, Lebanon and Iraq that are the concern.

But you carry on cherry picking your facts, and ignore the pertinent ones.

You said Israel was surrounded:
    Biker79 wrote: »
    Ireland also has the luxury of not being surrounded by autocratic despots and manic headchoppers. All of whom would wipe Israel off the map at the first opportunity.

Above emphasis mine btw.

Nice try with changing the goal pasts after the fact. Gas lighting ain't going to work with me. Again, the only way for you to defend Israel is misrepresent reality, and then when called out it, pretend you said something else.

Iran and its proxies hardly "surround" Israel, and I would note that Iran hasn't not started a war of aggression for over a 100 years. Israel on the other hand has been violating its cease fire with the Palestinians on a regular basis, since it started. The most recent violation being last night/early this morning.

Again, misrepresenting the facts of the situation. The Iranian regimes for its, many, many faults, are not aggressive war mongers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

So by some posters logic, Ireland is an apartheid state.

! It doesn't just mean treating people differently.

Apartheid is recognised as a crime against humanity. It has a legal definition and is under the remit of the ICC.
    The crime of apartheid under the Apartheid Convention and Rome Statute consists of three primary elements: an intent to maintain a system of domination by one racial group over another; systematic oppression by one racial group over another; and one or more inhumane acts, as defined, carried out on a widespread or systematic basis pursuant to those policies.

Among the inhumane acts identified in either the Convention or the Rome Statute are “forcible transfer,” “expropriation of landed property,” “creation of separate reserves and ghettos,” and denial of the “the right to leave and to return to their country, [and] the right to a nationality.”

https://www.hrw.org/report/2021/04/27/threshold-crossed/israeli-authorities-and-crimes-apartheid-and-persecution

The case for calling Israel an apartheid state is made by human rights watch in the above link.

• Registered Users Posts: 52,010 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

If it meant my family's safety would be secure, I absolutely would turn the other cheek, yes.

I didn’t see this post until now??
    It was a reply my question.

Pure bull**** answer. What parent would stand by and see their wife and children illegally made homeless?
    Not for one minute would the vast vast majority of men do what you suggest.
    It’s a spineless thing to do and to even suggest that is bewildering. You’re just giving stock answers to justify your other posts. You know very well that the Israelis are completely wrong and their actions criminal but you’d say anything to try to justify them. Beyond reproach.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,443 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Jobless Israeli man being evicted from home by government well versed in evicting people.

https://twitter.com/ntarnopolsky/status/1406192624281821185?s=21

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/troovus/status/1406392229753667585

How can anyone defend doing this, then again people defend them murdering innocent men, women and children.
    You'd treat animals better.

https://twitter.com/sahouraxo/status/1406358626516701184

If Israel ever wonders why some people think they are a terrorist and hateful state, it is because of actions like this
    How can anyone defend them is a mystery, would you like this to happen to your house.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

UDAWINNER wrote: »

If Israel ever wonders why some people think they are a terrorist and hateful state, it is because of actions like this
    How can anyone defend them is a mystery, would you like this to happen to your house.

Its a never ending process to force the Palestinian population out

On Wednesday, 9 June 2021, at around 8:00 A.M., soldiers came with a D9 bulldozer to the Masafer Yatta area in the South Hebron Hills. The forces destroyed a 500-meter-long section of road leading to the community of She’b al-Batum, some of which was paved with concrete, as well as a 500-meter-long dirt road leading to Khirbet al-Mufaqarah. They also destroyed a water pipe that serves the community of al-Fakhit, where 15 families live, which the residents later repaired.
    https://www.btselem.org/video/20210616_military_destroys_roads_to_masafer_yatta_communities_and_water_pipe?fbclid=IwAR09JaFQ5BViDbR8IzUzQxzhxumVY0Vs4L5Ky-7gAPE1ko_Y4fjYMA41dHo#full

As time goes on, its becoming all too clear

It’s apartheid, say Israeli ambassadors to South Africa

“It is clearer than ever that the occupation is not temporary, and there is not the political will in the Israeli government to bring about its end.”
    https://www.groundup.org.za/article/israeli-ambassadors-compare-israel-south-africa/?fbclid=IwAR0OZR9nSQnx0Lg1jDzGza3A21oFwK0QG-SCCku2I7uYRiJxGaQ-NNGxKRI

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭Sand

UDAWINNER wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/troovus/status/1406392229753667585

How can anyone defend doing this, then again people defend them murdering innocent men, women and children.
    You'd treat animals better.

So the Israelis are spraying sewage onto one of the holiest sites in Islam? I'm all out of sympathy for whatever happens in retaliation to that. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,584 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Sand wrote: »
    So the Israelis are spraying sewage onto one of the holiest sites in Islam? I'm all out of sympathy for whatever happens in retaliation to that. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

But the Palestinians are supposed to accept this, they are expected to turn the other cheek, they are expected to not react. Israel pushes and pushes and pushes and when the Palestinians push back the pro Israeli crowd would have you believe that it's All the fault of the Palestinians.

Disgusting behaviour yet again from the Israeli "defence" forces.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭Sand

But the Palestinians are supposed to accept this, they are expected to turn the other cheek, they are expected to not react. Israel pushes and pushes and pushes and when the Palestinians push back the pro Israeli crowd would have you believe that it's All the fault of the Palestinians.

Disgusting behaviour yet again from the Israeli "defence" forces.

Honestly, I have to hold my hand up and say that even a couple of years back I would have disagreed with militant Palestinian resistance to what the Israelis are doing. I would have thought that the Israelis are so overwhelmingly stronger in military terms, unquestioningly supported by a military superpower like the USA, that making this a military conflict is self defeating, regardless of the rights and wrongs of the conflict.

But it has become apparent even to me that the Israelis are absolutely wrong to attempt to build their own homeland over the graves of another people. And that given the policy of the Israeli government (hardline or otherwise) the Palestinians have no choice: they either resist by whatever means are available, even if just rocks, or they will be extinguished under an expansionary Israel. Pacifism only guarantees death by a thousand cuts. Militant resistance offers some hope, however slight, that they may still exist as a people within their own homelands.

Honestly, I have to hold my hand up and say that even a couple of years back I would have disagreed with militant Palestinian resistance to what the Israelis are doing. I would have thought that the Israelis are so overwhelmingly stronger in military terms, unquestioningly supported by a military superpower like the USA, that making this a military conflict is self defeating, regardless of the rights and wrongs of the conflict.

But it has become apparent even to me that the Israelis are absolutely wrong to attempt to build their own homeland over the graves of another people. And that given the policy of the Israeli government (hardline or otherwise) the Palestinians have no choice: they either resist by whatever means are available, even if just rocks, or they will be extinguished under an expansionary Israel. Pacifism only guarantees death by a thousand cuts. Militant resistance offers some hope, however slight, that they may still exist as a people within their own homelands.

Well said Sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,492 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The sad thing is, the US being a bastion or supposed bastion of fairness, has in its history at least publicly done virtually zero to dissuade, to admonish or even question the dreadful actions of Israel. The closest was Obama... and when he went to visit Israel he was heckled and harassed during his speech... in his speech he was appealing for peace and positive relations....

Virtually every president dissuaded from the truth and positive actions by the powerful American-Israeli lobbyists in Washington and across the US...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,583 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

No, they're not. But lets not let the truth get in the way.

https://www.jpost.com/arab-israeli-conflict/viral-video-falsely-claims-israel-sprayed-sewage-at-al-aqsa-gates-671617

Other sites have this before we get the kneejerk "Jpost! Lying outlet of the Zionist regime!" rejoinder we see here.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Igotadose wrote: »
    No, they're not. But lets not let the truth get in the way.

https://www.jpost.com/arab-israeli-conflict/viral-video-falsely-claims-israel-sprayed-sewage-at-al-aqsa-gates-671617

Other sites have this before we get the kneejerk "Jpost! Lying outlet of the Zionist regime!" rejoinder we see here.

It's not very often the rebuttal is worse than the original accusation. From the link you provided.
    Additionally, the "sewage" he claims was used against Palestinians was actually something known as "skunk water," a type of putrid-smelling water developed by the Odortec firm as a humane and non-lethal means of riot dispersal. First used in 2008, the spray emits a noxious odor and has been described as "worse than raw sewage," according to the BBC and like "taking a chunk of rotting corpse from a stagnant sewer, placing it in a blender and spraying the filthy liquid in your face," according to Reuters. There is zero "sewage" actually in the water itself.

steddyeddy wrote: »
    It's not very often the rebuttal is worse than the original accusation. From the link you provided.

Nor was it. It's not sewage. Let's be clear on that, o.k.? Was it good? no. Was it sewage? No. Was it at Al-Aqsa mosque? No. Was the originator of video a known provocateur and anti-semite? Yes.

Nor was it. It's not sewage. Let's be clear on that, o.k.? Was it good? no. Was it sewage? No. Was it at Al-Aqsa mosque? No. Was the originator of video a known provocateur and anti-semite? Yes.

You've evidence of that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

For years israel have used it against fishing boats, Palestinian homes, non violent protestors in Palestine, just crowds in Paletine who attempt to raise awareness of their plight, red crescent ambulances.

But you save your ire for a factually incorrect tweet, (not the originator of the video, Palestinian press and video creators take their lives into their own hands every time they document these abuses)

Oh and you are talking about the damascus gate, part of occupied East Jerusalem.

• Registered Users Posts: 52,010 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

It may not be exactly s*** but the Israeli murder machine continues to treat the Palestinians like s***.

• Advertisement

Odhinn wrote: »
    You've evidence of that?

Not hard to find; google cj werleman anti-semitism.

https://www.stopantisemitism.org/antisemite-of-the-week5-1/antisemite-of-the-week-cj-werleman-a-producer-of-hate

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Just a quick question. If the Palestinians were doing to the Israelis what the Israelis are doing to them would you understand retaliation was bound to occur?

A dubious - to put it mildly - source that seems to conflate criticism, overblown though it might be, with anti-semitism.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,584 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

A dubious - to put it mildly - source that seems to conflate criticism with anti-semitism.

In the pro-israeli crowds world they are the same

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Just a quick question. If the Palestinians were doing to the Israelis what the Israelis are doing to them would you understand retaliation was bound to occur?

So, you agree the original tweet that caused some uproar on this thread, was lies?

So, you agree the original tweet that caused some uproar on this thread, was lies?

...or perhaps people being sprayed with a substance that smells like raw sewage came to the not illogical conclusion that that was indeed what they were being sprayed with.....

A dubious - to put it mildly - source that seems to conflate criticism, overblown though it might be, with anti-semitism.

Oh, there's more:

https://www.opindia.com/2021/06/print-columnist-and-far-left-troll-cj-werleman-spreads-anti-semitic-content/

Apparently he's an equal-opportunity bigot, and dislikes Hindus as well (from the article), tweeting that he was rooting for NZ in a cricket match "...because imagining 500 million Hindutva extremists being happy makes me miserable."

...or perhaps people being sprayed with a substance that smells like raw sewage came to the not illogical conclusion that that was indeed what they were being sprayed with.....

Unfortunately, the now-debunked video and tweet come from a well-known provacateur, who among other things recently tweeted some insane anti-Israel blood libel.

Here's his tweeted, quoted by a parody account (among others)

https://twitter.com/TheMossadIL/status/1405071348934791171

Turns out the crimes in question were carried out by Palestinians against other Palestinians, and Israeli citizens:

https://jij.org/advocacy-materials/52-testimonies-cruel-torture/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Shebean

A policy proposal from the new Apartheid/not Apartheid Israeli regime.
    They want to ban/prohibit, Israeli Palestinians from marrying a Palestinian from the west bank.
    Israel this week renewed one of the most overtly racist of the dozens of laws on its books that discriminate against Palestinians and Palestinian citizens of Israel.

The “Citizenship and Entry into Israel Law” prohibits Israeli citizens who marry Palestinians from the occupied West Bank or Gaza Strip, or nationals from several other regional states, from living with their spouse in Israel.

“The law affects tens of thousands of Palestinian families on both sides of the Green Line between Israel and the West Bank, preventing Palestinians from legally moving into Israel to join their spouses,” according to Adalah, an advocacy group that has mounted unsuccessful court challenges to the law.

Originally passed as an emergency measure in 2003, the provision has been renewed annually ever since.

The law is part of Israel’s efforts to prevent the growth of the Palestinian population, a fundamentally racist measure justified by Israeli leaders as necessary to maintain a Jewish majority.

https://electronicintifada.net/blogs/ali-abunimah/israel-renews-racist-marriage-law

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/.premium-israeli-legislator-invokes-nation-state-law-in-bid-to-block-palestinian-family-unifi-1.8890451

I'd be interested to hear any defense of this.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately, the............

His comments maybe overblown but what I've seen doesn't descend to the level of anti-semitism.

You seem to be denying Israels well known arresting, detention, and interrogation of children with a deflection aimed at the corrupt Fatah. Ironic as well, in that Fatah co-operate with Israel in policing the West Bank.

https://www.btselem.org/statistics/minors_in_custody

Advertisement