Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Israeli - Palestinian Conflict *Threadbans in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Shebean

eskimohunt wrote: »
    As far as I'm concerned, the Arabs and Jewish people fought a war in 1948-49, after the Arabs rejected partition. It was the Arabs who were greedy, and wanted everything. They caused the war, and lost.

So, they lose the land. That's how wars work. You not only lose the war, you lose the peace terms.

Since then, the Arabs are calling for the very partition that they comprehensively rejected in 1948-49.

Their constant support for war and Hamas and other ISIS-type organizations, for me, makes their claim to the land null and void.

I personally hope that Israel takes all the land, or as much as possible, from these Jihadist terrorists.

The more these terrorists fire rockets into Israel, don't be surprised when the lion reacts.

The Israeli start was arbitrarily set up upon the heads of the occupants, Muslim, Jew, Christian alike. I'd be miffed myself.

Israel has been moving the border goalposts for years evicting occupants and destroying their homes. This leads to resentment quite naturally.

It is not for you or anyone else to dictate the politics or beliefs of others, especially if you are using it to justify evictions of people from their homes.

Israel are the terrorists, Hamas are the response. So you have the same mindset as you believe Hamas does.

The 'lion'? Your mask has slipped. Israeli laws making any non-jew second class and evicting people from their homes coupled with an ever expanding Israeli border is the issue here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

ypres5 wrote: »
    Yet you have no problem calling anyone not flying the Palestinian flag racist. Also how do you see non Muslims being treated in the event Palestine were to win against Israel? Considering they've stated in the past their goal is to wipe out the Jews worldwide, Egypt previously wanted to finish what Hitler started and Palestinian christians aren't exactly treated like royalty either.

What are you on about. A lot of Christian Palestinians left because of their treatment under Israeli rule. They had been living in harmony along side their Muslim brothers for centuries

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭ypres5

o1s1n wrote: »
    The posts were deleted? But if we were a pack of anti-Semites, surely the posts would have been left up?

What do you mean by 'your lot' by the way? Bit of anti-Irish sentiment there?

How is that anti Irish sentiment considering I'm Irish myself? Unless we're still working off the belief I'm a deep cover Israeli troll on the payroll of mossad. And last time I checked the people on this thread didn't speak for the whole Irish population as much as they think otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Israel continues to attack civilian housing. Is it a war crime to attack civilian housing?

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/middle-east/gaza-residents-flee-israeli-bombardment-in-cars-and-carts-1.4565173

Mimon wrote: »
    What are you on about. A lot of Christian Palestinians left because of their treatment under Israeli rule. They had been living in harmony along side their Muslim brothers for centuries

Look at this peace and tolerance. Truly Palestine is the modern day Al-Andalus. I'm sure it'll all be israels fault anyway

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-palestinians-christians-conversion/gaza-christians-sense-pressure-to-convert-to-islam-idUSBRE86P0J420120726

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-palestinians-bombs/bombs-hit-christian-bookshop-internet-cafe-in-gaza-idUSL1542677620070415

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-palestinians-christian/prominent-palestinian-christian-killed-in-gaza-idUSL0756728820071007

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭eurasian

eurasian wrote: »
    This is new Holocaust.

I was wrong. This is not a new Holocaust.
    This Holocaust has been going for decades now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

thomas 123 wrote: »
    What do you mean one of your lot?

Do you understand that life is not side A and side B

Then again “your lot” can’t tell the difference between right and wrong, man, Woman or child along with what’s rightfully yours and what’s rightfully is not.

Ypres obviously has a black and white mindset, in my experience not worth discussing things with someone who can't understand the nuances/grey areas of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭thomas 123

How is that anti Irish sentiment considering I'm Irish myself? Unless we're still working off the belief I'm a deep cover Israeli troll on the payroll of mossad. And last time I checked the people on this thread didn't speak for the whole Irish population as much as they think otherwise.

How can you defend the continuous Israeli land grab then? Why is that right - please tell us?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

The IDF is producing powerfully edifying graphics on Twitter explaining the operation, what is being achieved, and how to respond to inaccurate propaganda - free from the kind of hysterical bias that many a time you exude through your posts.

One such example is:

https://twitter.com/IDF/status/1393044069924888576

Have they any guides on how to attack Hamas for using Palestinians as human shields while ignoring the Israeli military also using Palistenians as human shields? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Yet you have no problem calling anyone not flying the Palestinian flag racist.

No, what I said those who support an ethno state are racist. Stop it with straw man bull****. Deal with what I actually said and not what you made up in your head.

If someone supports an ethno state, they are racist, it is simple statement of fact. Like if someone supports the KKK, they are racist. Simple statement of fact.
    Also how do you see non Muslims being treated in the event Palestine were to win against Israel?

Irrelevant hypothetical. I can no more predict the future than you.

Lets talk what is actually happening and not try and engage in a fool endeavor of predicting the future.

What about the actual deliberate slaughter of Palestinian civilians. Do you condemn the murder of Palestinians civilians by the IDF? Also, it should be noted it is not Hamas's fault that the IDF chooses to deliberately kill civilians.

Do you condemn the racist nation state law of Israel?
    Considering they've stated in the past their goal is to wipe out the Jews worldwide, Egypt previously wanted to finish what Hitler started and Palestinian christians aren't exactly treated like royalty either.

Egypt is irrelevant to the thread.

Hamas changed their charter in 2017:
    Hamas presents new charter accepting a Palestine based on 1967 borders

It has been posted several times already, but I take it you have chosen to ignore facts, when they don't suit you.

Still the fact remains the Israeli gov is committing genocide and ethnic cleansing as we speak against Palestinians. The Israeli gov has also refused 2 cease fire offers (see links earlier in the thread, its been posted several times).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Shebean

Yet you have no problem calling anyone not flying the Palestinian flag racist. Also how do you see non Muslims being treated in the event Palestine were to win against Israel? Considering they've stated in the past their goal is to wipe out the Jews worldwide, Egypt previously wanted to finish what Hitler started and Palestinian christians aren't exactly treated like royalty either.

Israel law is racist. It puts people of the Jewish faith above all others.

So if the Allies decided to gas Germans that would be cool because the Nazis had done it to Jews?

eurasian wrote: »
    I was wrong. This is not a new Holocaust.
    This Holocaust has been going for decades now.

A Holocaust in which the population has increased more than fivefold. Truly we live in dark times.

Israel continues the onlsaught against the civilian population of Gaza. In this attack the Israelis target a mother and child.

https://twitter.com/nour_odeh/status/1393191569335988224

Mimon wrote: »
    Got it in one :)

So it's Israels fault Palestinian christians are pressured to convert, suffer bombings from a group called the swords of Islam and have prominent members of their population kidnapped and murdered? Keep smoking that copium

• Registered Users Posts: 25,585 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

So a blockade 13 years ago is still having an effect on palestine's infant mortality rate? Amazing stuff.

More recently they have blocked Covid vaccines

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.timesofisrael.com/israel-holds-up-shipment-of-palestinian-coronavirus-vaccines-to-gaza/amp/

• Registered Users Posts: 52,012 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Anyone who thinks that the Palestinians are being treated well by the Israelis is completely deluded.

Nice balanced source there...

How is Reuters biased? Sorry I'll use electronic intifada instead, I'm sure those lads are straight as arrows.

How can you defend the continuous Israeli land grab then? Why is that right - please tell us?

The West Bank was originally part of Jordan.

At that time, the West Bank had no settlements - yet it was still used as a base to attack Israel.

Whether there are settlements there or not, therefore, does not stop the same forces who will attack Israel no matter what conditions are in play - settlements or no settlements. The settlements question is almost a red herring.

As it worked out, Israel defeated Jordan in the 1967 war and thereby gained control to occupy the West Bank.

Until a "meaningful settlement" is reached, Israel is entitled to defend itself in this occupied zone.

As long as Hamas and Fatah, two heads of the same chimera, continue to provoke terrorist attacks in Israel, I hope that neither of these forces ever regain control of the West Bank. In any event, it was Jordan's land to begin with - and they lost it to Israel.

Yet Jordan is not asking for the land back from Israel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,084 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

How is the infant mortality rate in Palestine the fault of Israel?

If there actually was a self determining state of Palestine, you might have a point, but there isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,125 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Absolutely terrible what is going on over there
    War will solve nothing. They need to talk and the Palastines need to be given there own state that is the only way this will stop. I blame Trump for some of this because if he did not give Jerusalem to Isreal this conflict now might not be as bad as it is. Just goes to show that he had no clue what he was doing and thankfully he is not the US President anymore but I also have to say that I was very dissapointed with what Biden said on it and that was more of what I would have expected to come out of Trumps loud mouth not out of Biden.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Seems that the Israeli army are going in on the ground.
    In Southern Gaza, an entire family has been murdered by the Israelis.
    Named as.

. Ra'fat Tanani, 38 years old
    • Pregnant mother Rawiye, 35 years old
    • Ismail, 6 years old
    • Ameer, 5 years old
    • Adham, 4 years old
    • Mohammad, 3 years old

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The IDF is producing powerfully edifying graphics on Twitter explaining the operation, what is being achieved, and how to respond to inaccurate propaganda - free from the kind of hysterical bias that many a time you exude through your posts.

One such example is:

https://twitter.com/IDF/status/1393044069924888576
    Since the IDF are openly admitting that they are engaged in terrorism on Palestinian soil, only a fool would give their "explanations" any space in one's brain;

https://twitter.com/IDF/status/1392197029355470848?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 25,585 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

As I said previously the post was deleted for obvious reasons. Doesn't change the fact one of your lot felt it acceptable to post along with the constant Holocaust references

It was a re reg troll who posted that, you can stop clutching the pearls now :rolleyes:

Seems that the Israeli army are going in on the ground.
    In Southern Gaza, an entire family has been murdered by the Israelis.
    Named as.

. Ra'fat Tanani, 38 years old
    • Pregnant mother Rawiye, 35 years old
    • Ismail, 6 years old
    • Ameer, 5 years old
    • Adham, 4 years old
    • Mohammad, 3 years old

Anti-Israeli's never, ever give the names and ages of Israeli civilians murdered by Hamasian rockets.

I guess some civilian lives matter more than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

It's very telling when the apologists have not empathised with the death and suffering in Gaza in the last few days. Not even on a human level, forgetting the whole conflict. Not an ounce of humanity being shown. The dehumanising of the Palestinian people is a tragedy.

Anti-Israeli's never, ever give the names and ages of Israeli civilians murdered by Hamasian rockets.

I guess some civilian lives matter more than others.

The murder of an civilians is wrong and I would say that hamas should stop firing rockets at civilian areas. Do you think Israel should stop attacking Gaza if civilians are being killed?

namloc1980 wrote: »
    It's very telling when the apologists have not empathised with the death and suffering in Gaza in the last few days. Not even on a human level, forgetting the whole conflict. Not an ounce of humanity being shown. The dehumanising of the Palestinian people is a tragedy.

If Israel wanted to wipe out the 2-million strong Gazan population, they could do it in a heartbeat.

Whilst civilian loss is always a negative collateral outcome, the deaths of a few dozen citizens does not constitute a "Holocaust" against the Palestinians.

If anything, it demonstrates that Israel is trying to be as targeted as possible. If they were deliberately trying to kill as many citizens as possible, the death count to date would be in the thousands - that's how easy it could be for them.

And in war, it's simply delusional to think no civilians will die.

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/Omar_Gaza/status/1393204387405762563

Video of Israels attacks on civilian housing and the huge destruction.

Advertisement