Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Israeli - Palestinian Conflict *Threadbans in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,084 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

They killed four kids playing football on a beach, don't give me that shìte that they don't target civilians.

Don't forget the US girl they ran over with a tank and the family of 6 who were asleep when a bored Israeli tank crew decided it would be fun to put a round into their house at 4am, for the lols.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭thomas 123

Well at least you are clear about it. You can dress it up with as much faux military pretend speak as you can muster but basically you are saying attacking civilian buildings and killing Palestinian women and children is OK.

The childeren the woman are holding are probably bombs, you have you be safe when invading the last of the land the enemy has!

Erm....you have!

No, I have not.

I have stated that, in all wars, civilians will die.

It's an uncomfortable, but axiomatic reality.

Hamas bombarding Israel with targetless rockets, and killing Israeli civilians, is what promoted Israel to retaliate against Hamas operatives.

What fool of a country - any country, in fact - would sit back and allow rockets to rain from the sky?

This is absurd, on a gigantic scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Nermal

wes wrote: »
    Desperate, desperate stuff altogether, coming from open supporters of an ethno state.

Why would I be ashamed to openly support the existence of a Jewish state?

If you're looking for some examples of something to be ashamed of, here you go:
    Mimon wrote: »
    History won't be kind to the people who supported this inhumanity and murder by the Israelis just like history was not kind to outsiders who thought Hitler and Nazism were a great idea in the 1930s
    thomas 123 wrote: »
    Any more buzz words from Mein Kampf?
    Lmkrnr wrote: »
    Like talking to a wailing wall.
    Lmkrnr wrote: »
    Hitler and the current regime are both guilty of the same thing.
    Fandymo wrote: »
    Israel’s continued stealing of Palestinian land seems eerily like Lebensraum, and the Gaza and the West Bank are eerily like ghettoes. We know what comes next. IDF are the Nazis of today, “only following orders”.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

ypres5 wrote: »
    So what's your opinion on the treatment of non Muslims in Palestine? I already put up some links from Reuters arguably the most unbiased, pure news source in the world but that was dismissed by another poster with absolutely no elaboration and an abundance of cope.

Why are you trying to drag things off topic? If you cared you would start thread, but you clearly don't.

I of course condemn discrimination carried out by anyone and yes carried out by Hamas, who I have stated several times to not be fan of, and they are bunch of racist ****wits.

To back on topic, the IDF btw, is happily bombing Palestinians regardless of Religion, do you care about that at all? Why are you not concerned about the non-Muslims the IDF is murdering as we speak?

Also, I asked on topic questions, and you have failed to provide an answer. I addressed your questions directly, and yet you don't bother to do so in return.

Again, do you or do you not support the Israel's nation state law, which impacts all Palestinians of all religions and of none the same, as you have expressed concern for non-Muslim Palestinians, surely you would condemn this racist law? Why have you ignored it? Care to explain?

• Advertisement

No, I have not.

Hamas bombarding Israel with targetless rockets, and killing Israeli civilians, is what promoted Israel to retaliate against Hamas operatives.

What fool of a country - any country, in fact - would sit back and allow rockets to rain from the sky?

LIAR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

I guess it's an inconvenient fact, goes beyond the power rangers level of moral complexity of goodies vs baddies that the Palestinians are capable of and act out prejudice themselves.

Well if you want to discuss it in some detail I would suggest you start a thread on it.

Meanwhile here are some more civilian homes targeted by Israel.
    https://twitter.com/ghazialakhuwan/status/1393213744096759809

• Registered Users Posts: 25,585 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

No, I have not.

Well that's a big fat lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭ypres5

Arguably not, it was founded by a Jewish man. Not that there is anything wrong with that - usually when someone tries to show sources for a particular point they would share multiple sources not just a list from one publication with roots on one side of a conflict.

So should we not use Al Jazeera news for the thread or does that only count against Jewish owned media?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

The open support for the deliberate murder of civilians is disgusting.

The fact that anyone would think using euphemisms for mass murder would some how not be called out is beyond me.

There really isn't any support , and there is no deliberate murder of civilians - not by the IDF anyway, sure by Hamas.

• Advertisement

eskimohunt wrote: »
    How you can come to such an absurd conclusion from my remarks is beyond all comprehension.

Just saying that your support for these attacks on civilian housing with the knowledge that many civilians is a defacto support for the murder of said civilians.

Here is a good example of the Israelis killing a Hamas member also knowing they were going to murder many civilians.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualties_of_Israeli_attacks_on_the_Gaza_Strip

Well that's a big fat lie.

The timeline pf events has been posted several times, and is a well eastablished fact at this point, and yet posters with ethnic slurs in their user name still post such blatant falsehoods.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

https://twitter.com/molloy1916/status/1393129114580705281

A lot of normal looking people with pure hatred for the Palestinians and the disregard for human life. How did it come to this, would hate to carry this hatred around with me every day.

Why are you trying to drag things off topic? If you cared you would start thread, but you clearly don't.

I of course condemn discrimination carried out by anyone and yes carried out by Hamas, who I have stated several times to not be fan of, and they are bunch of racist ****wits.

To back on topic, the IDF btw, is happily bombing Palestinians regardless of Religion, do you care about that at all? Why are you not concerned about the non-Muslims the IDF is murdering as we speak?

Also, I asked on topic questions, and you have failed to provide an answer. I addressed your questions directly, and yet you don't bother to do so in return.

Again, do you or do you not support the Israel's nation state law, which impacts all Palestinians of all religions and of none the same, as you have expressed concern for non-Muslim Palestinians, surely you would condemn this racist law? Why have you ignored it? Care to explain?

I don't know anything about Israeli law so I'm not going to comment on something I don't understand, if only other posters had the grace to do the same. Unfortunately those band of racist ****wits are the elected government of gaza so it's not that easy to sweep them under the carpet like you just did.

TomSweeney wrote: »
    There really isn't any support , and there is no deliberate murder of civilians - not by the IDF anyway, sure by Hamas.

Lots of deliberate murders of civilians in Gaza and west bank by Israel, have a search online.

Nermal wrote: »
    Why would I be ashamed to openly support the existence of a Jewish state?

If you're looking for some examples of something to be ashamed of, here you go:

If the state of Israel could just try to make it just a little harder to not draw comparisons between what it is now and what it fled from then - well that would be great.

There is no shame in understanding history and being able to call out those who appear to be on a path to repeating it.

votecounts wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/molloy1916/status/1393129114580705281

A lot of normal looking people with pure hatred for the Palestinians and the disregard for human life. How did it come to this, would hate to carry this hatred around with me every day.

Saw that earlier and it really messed up.

eskimohunt wrote: »
    No, I have not.

Netanyahu deliberately started this episode in a desperate attempt to cling to power, by arranging the attack on the Al-Aqsa mosque during Ramadan.

Hamas didn't just start firing rockets because some commander thought it looked like a nice day to fire some rockets.

Not to mention the incendiary provocation of stealing homes from Palestinian families in Jerusalem and gifting them to Israeli Settlers.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,585 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

The families of the dead Palesinian children would disagree with you

So should we not use Al Jazeera news for the thread or does that only count against Jewish owned media?

You could try give multiple sources to illustrate your point, as per my last comment.

• Advertisement

You could try give multiple sources to illustrate your point, as per my last comment.

Just so long as they're not owned by those sneaky lying biased Jews eh? This thread is hitting Eric Cartman levels of antisemitism

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

The IDF have killed more civilians in Gaza in the last day with air strikes than Hamas have with rockets in the last 20 years.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

What's going on is heart breaking.
    People pick sides like it's a game of soccer.

Anyone who is absolutely on one side or the other has to put themselves in the other person's situation.

For me, I think the Palestinian people have suffered far, far more from this conflict, which ultimately they did not create.
    I support them politically, and oppose the actions of Israel by any meagre means I can. There needs to be more pressure on Israel to make them feel the pain of the injustice they inflict on the Palestinian population.

But I think of that little child in Israel who was murdered by rockets fired from Gaza; his life and the mourning of his parents are just as real as those on the other side of the border.

I know there is a peaceful way out of this nightmare, and I give my support to any people of that region making the tough task of creating peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,333 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

The Palestinians should never voted in Hamas. They just use the civilians as shields. It would be like Ireland voting in SF during the troubles and letting them launch rockets from the republic into the north then crying foul when they retaliate. If you don’t play by the rules then you can’t cry foul when your opponent doesn’t.

I don't know anything about Israeli law so I'm not going to comment on something I don't understand, if only other posters had the grace to do the same. Unfortunately those band of racist ****wits are the elected government of gaza so it's not that easy to sweep them under the carpet like you just did.

The Israeli government is also elected, and yet that doesn't seem to bother you.

You can google the nation state law, its easy to understand:
    Israel’s hugely controversial “nation-state” law, explained

The law does three big things:

It states that “the right to exercise national self-determination” in Israel is “unique to the Jewish people.”
    It establishes Hebrew as Israel’s official language, and downgrades Arabic — a language widely spoken by Arab Israelis — to a “special status.”
    It establishes “Jewish settlement as a national value” and mandates that the state “will labor to encourage and promote its establishment and development.”

How is the above hard to understand? Clear and simple language being used.

Seem to me, you are deliberately avoiding the fact that Israel is declared ethno state. Why do you refuse to condemn it? You seem perfectly capable of understanding Hamas's original charter, the nation state law, is no more complex.

Just so long as they're not owned by those sneaky lying biased Jews eh? This thread is hitting Eric Cartman levels of antisemitism

Nobody said that - Why are you trying to make it appear that way?

You picked your source, I told you it’s potentially biased.(not just on this topic by the way)

Illustrate your point with a variety of sources.

You haven't the faintest of clues...
    One year ago, Palestinians trapped in Gaza began a protest movement at the frontier with Israel that was intended to last six weeks.

Men, women and children demanded recognition of the right of Palestinian refugees in Gaza and elsewhere to return to their ancestral homes in Israel and for an end to a punishing blockade that has made life unliveable.

Israeli snipers fired live ammunition, killing and maiming dozens. This lethal response on 30 March 2018 triggered anger and disbelief across the world but has not stopped.

A year later, the rallies continue. Thousands have bullet wounds through their legs. The streets of Gaza are filled with people limping or in wheelchairs. Children, journalists and medics have been killed, even when they were standing far back from the fence. The UN has said Israel’s military may have committed war crimes, deliberately targeting civilians.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/ng-interactive/2019/mar/29/a-year-of-bloodshed-at-gaza-border-protests

Not to mention the use of cluster bombs and white phosphorous in Lebanon.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Potatoeman wrote: »
    The Palestinians should never voted in Hamas. They just use the civilians as shields. It would be like Ireland voting in SF during the troubles and letting them launch rockets from the republic into the north then crying foul when they retaliate. If you don’t play by the rules then you can’t cry foul when your opponent doesn’t.

They can vote for whoever they damn want.
    I abhor the actions of Hamas; but I'm certainly not going to be giving lectures in morality to the people of Gaza, from the safety of my apartment in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭loughside

I note plenty of the knuckle-dragging bigots of SF/IRA in this one supporting their comrades in the PLO/Hamas terrorist organisations.

Good to see the Israeli Army obliterating these terrorist scum.

• Advertisement

Potatoeman wrote: »

Israel has never played by the "rules". Every single elected Israeli government since 1967 has expanded settlements.

Hamas was founded in 1987, and at that point Israeli settlement expansions had been ongoing for decades.

Advertisement